Re: May 9th in Moscow

Post by Sertorio » Mon May 09, 2022 6:46 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 6:33 am
Sertorio wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 2:55 am
neverfail wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 3:49 pm

That's for certain. But it makes it so much easier for Putin, with monopoly control over the Russian media, to evoke memories of the Great patriotic War Against Fascism (as Russians I believe call World War Two) and the horrors that accompanied that conflict in order to manipulate Russian public opinion in favour of his "special military operation" pre-emptive strike.
What I saw in the May 9 celebration in Moscow was a very dignified celebration, a very subdued speech by Putin, a show of strength without arrogance. Russia is indeed everything the US is unable to be and for Europe to cooperate with Russia would be a lot better for our freedom and independence than the so-called alliance with the US.
Cool story, now tell us the one about how you don't support the Putin regime. :roll:
It's not my business to support Putin's regime, as I am not Russian. I do support his effort to kick the US out of Europe and destroy NATO as an organization. Once that done I will be happy with any decision by the Russians in respect of the Russian political regime...

Doc

Re: Beginning of Surrender at Azovstal

Post by Doc » Mon May 09, 2022 10:43 am

Sertorio wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 2:32 pm
The Ukrainian military came out in the area of ​​"Azovstal" with a white flag
by Alexandra Yudina - May 7, 2022, 14:10
https://vz.ru/news/2022/5/7/1157409.html (machine translated from Russian)

A group of Ukrainian military in the Azovstal area in Mariupol came out with a white flag to the road intended for the evacuation of civilians, said the commander of the Vostok battalion Alexander Khodakovsky.

“Towards the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the Russian military moved forward as truce envoys. This is the first personal contact of the parties for the entire time of the fighting in Mariupol, ”the military reporter of the All-Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company in Ukraine, Yevgeny Poddubny, notes in the Telegram channel.
So it starts. The alternative is pulverization...
Imagine the fighters in Azovstal are saying they will fight to the death even after they "Surrendered" :roll:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/8 ... ll-the-end
Russia-Ukraine war: Azovstal troops say ‘surrender not an option’

The pledge comes as the most senior Russian government official yet to set foot in Mariupol welcomes the ‘restoration of peace’ in ‘liberated’ cities.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Mon May 09, 2022 11:01 am

Doc wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 10:43 am
Imagine the fighters in Azovstal are saying they will fight to the death even after they "Surrendered" :roll:

The pledge comes as the most senior Russian government official yet to set foot in Mariupol welcomes the ‘restoration of peace’ in ‘liberated’ cities.
Can't be true! Didn't you see the footage of that Potemkin celebration they held there?
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Mon May 09, 2022 11:10 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 11:01 am
Doc wrote:

Can't be true! Didn't you see the footage of that Potemkin celebration they held there?
Do you ever stop denying facts for the sake of fantasies?...People in Mariupol did not celebrate May 9th, just like American astronauts never landed on the Moon... And the Earth IS flat!... :D

Doc

Post by Doc » Mon May 09, 2022 11:59 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Doc wrote:

Well maybe the Ukrainian fighters figure Putin will have them brought to the Kremlin so he can see what real soldier men look like instead of his little green men, and they plan to kill him at the meeting. :P
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Mon May 09, 2022 12:08 pm

Doc wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 11:59 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Doc wrote:

Well maybe the Ukrainian fighters figure Putin will have them brought to the Kremlin so he can see what real soldier men look like instead of his little green men, and they plan to kill him at the meeting. :P
Once this war is over how will you be using your very rich imagination? Write scripts for cartoon movies?...

Doc

Post by Doc » Mon May 09, 2022 12:10 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 12:08 pm
Doc wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
Doc wrote:

Once this war is over how will you be using your very rich imagination? Write scripts for cartoon movies?...

Thanks for putting me on such a pedestal so high above your head Sertorio !! ;)

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Mon May 09, 2022 12:14 pm

Doc wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 12:10 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Doc wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
Doc wrote:

Your war "experience" could be very useful in preparing the next Bugs Bunny military experiences...

Doc

Post by Doc » Mon May 09, 2022 7:41 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 12:14 pm
Doc wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 12:10 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Doc wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
Doc wrote:

Your war "experience" could be very useful in preparing the next Bugs Bunny military experiences...

Hey not everyone can be in on Mickey Mouse's special operations.