Estonian Benefits of the Russian Sanctions

Discussion of current events
User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 7381
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Estonian Benefits of the Russian Sanctions

Post by Sertorio » Sun May 08, 2022 1:23 am

neverfail wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 7:12 pm
Better to have to suffer a temporary bout of inflation than to have the Russian armed forces wrecking your country as they fight over it - as in Ukraine.
Since Estonia wasn't threatened, the "temporary" bout of inflation was completely unnecessary. It is the price Estonia pays to be vassals of the US...

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 5668
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: Estonian Benefits of the Russian Sanctions

Post by cassowary » Sun May 08, 2022 8:17 am

Sertorio wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 1:23 am
neverfail wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 7:12 pm
Better to have to suffer a temporary bout of inflation than to have the Russian armed forces wrecking your country as they fight over it - as in Ukraine.
Since Estonia wasn't threatened, the "temporary" bout of inflation was completely unnecessary. It is the price Estonia pays to be vassals of the US...
Nothing to do with being a vassal of the US. The Estonians wanted to stop buying oil and gas because they are angry with Russia. Because of bad memories about the occupation and the invasion of Ukraine. The wanted to do their part to help Ukraine.
The Imp :D

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 7381
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Estonian Benefits of the Russian Sanctions

Post by Sertorio » Sun May 08, 2022 9:11 am

cassowary wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 8:17 am
Sertorio wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 1:23 am
neverfail wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 7:12 pm
Better to have to suffer a temporary bout of inflation than to have the Russian armed forces wrecking your country as they fight over it - as in Ukraine.
Since Estonia wasn't threatened, the "temporary" bout of inflation was completely unnecessary. It is the price Estonia pays to be vassals of the US...
Nothing to do with being a vassal of the US. The Estonians wanted to stop buying oil and gas because they are angry with Russia. Because of bad memories about the occupation and the invasion of Ukraine. The wanted to do their part to help Ukraine.
Estonia is not the Ukraine and is not responsible for what happens between Russia and the Ukraine. All Estonia had to do was staying aside from the conflict. But being a vassal of the US imposes obligations, such as always doing what the masters tell you to do. Being independent is better than being dependent but some people are born to be slaves...

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Probably DCA, YYJ, or DOM
Contact:

Re: Estonian Benefits of the Russian Sanctions

Post by SteveFoerster » Sun May 08, 2022 10:49 am

Sertorio wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 9:11 am
Estonia is not the Ukraine and is not responsible for what happens between Russia and the Ukraine. All Estonia had to do was staying aside from the conflict. But being a vassal of the US imposes obligations, such as always doing what the masters tell you to do. Being independent is better than being dependent but some people are born to be slaves...
There's a lot of reason for the saying that “the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

But then, as our resident cheerleader for evil, it's no surprise that nothing is exactly what you keep wishing good people would do.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 7381
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Estonian Benefits of the Russian Sanctions

Post by Sertorio » Sun May 08, 2022 2:23 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 10:49 am
Sertorio wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 9:11 am
Estonia is not the Ukraine and is not responsible for what happens between Russia and the Ukraine. All Estonia had to do was staying aside from the conflict. But being a vassal of the US imposes obligations, such as always doing what the masters tell you to do. Being independent is better than being dependent but some people are born to be slaves...
There's a lot of reason for the saying that “the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

But then, as our resident cheerleader for evil, it's no surprise that nothing is exactly what you keep wishing good people would do.
In the Ukraine what the "good people" have achieved is making the war last longer and make sure more people are going to get killed. All for the glory of the US exceptionalism...

User avatar
neverfail
Posts: 8413
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: Estonian Benefits of the Russian Sanctions

Post by neverfail » Sun May 08, 2022 3:41 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 2:23 pm
In the Ukraine what the "good people" have achieved is making the war last longer and make sure more people are going to get killed. All for the glory of the US exceptionalism...
We know, Sertorio. You would much prefer Ukraine's sovereignty crushed by Putin as swiftly as possible so he can get on with the task of carving out a new Russian empire. How very altruistic of you.

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Probably DCA, YYJ, or DOM
Contact:

Re: Estonian Benefits of the Russian Sanctions

Post by SteveFoerster » Sun May 08, 2022 4:59 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 2:23 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 10:49 am
Sertorio wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 9:11 am
Estonia is not the Ukraine and is not responsible for what happens between Russia and the Ukraine. All Estonia had to do was staying aside from the conflict. But being a vassal of the US imposes obligations, such as always doing what the masters tell you to do. Being independent is better than being dependent but some people are born to be slaves...
There's a lot of reason for the saying that “the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

But then, as our resident cheerleader for evil, it's no surprise that nothing is exactly what you keep wishing good people would do.
In the Ukraine what the "good people" have achieved is making the war last longer and make sure more people are going to get killed. All for the glory of the US exceptionalism...
With one face, you say that people who don't want to live under tyranny should resist it themselves without help from others or else they've gotten what they deserve.

With your other face you've been criticising the Ukraininans for the last three months for doing exactly that.

US policymakers have done many terrible things over the years, but they didn't start this war; Putin did. Your blind hatred for the US has twisted you into being an apologist for murderers and war criminals... and not even a particularly clever one.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 5668
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: Estonian Benefits of the Russian Sanctions

Post by cassowary » Sun May 08, 2022 5:02 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 9:11 am
cassowary wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 8:17 am
Sertorio wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 1:23 am
neverfail wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 7:12 pm
Better to have to suffer a temporary bout of inflation than to have the Russian armed forces wrecking your country as they fight over it - as in Ukraine.
Since Estonia wasn't threatened, the "temporary" bout of inflation was completely unnecessary. It is the price Estonia pays to be vassals of the US...
Nothing to do with being a vassal of the US. The Estonians wanted to stop buying oil and gas because they are angry with Russia. Because of bad memories about the occupation and the invasion of Ukraine. The wanted to do their part to help Ukraine.
Estonia is not the Ukraine and is not responsible for what happens between Russia and the Ukraine. All Estonia had to do was staying aside from the conflict. But being a vassal of the US imposes obligations, such as always doing what the masters tell you to do. Being independent is better than being dependent but some people are born to be slaves...
Rubbish. You think Estonia does not have a mind of its own. The invasion of Ukraine alarmed and outraged Estonia. That’s why it supports Ukraine. Nothing to do with being a vassal.
The Imp :D

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 5668
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: Estonian Benefits of the Russian Sanctions

Post by cassowary » Sun May 08, 2022 7:31 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 10:49 am
Sertorio wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 9:11 am
Estonia is not the Ukraine and is not responsible for what happens between Russia and the Ukraine. All Estonia had to do was staying aside from the conflict. But being a vassal of the US imposes obligations, such as always doing what the masters tell you to do. Being independent is better than being dependent but some people are born to be slaves...
There's a lot of reason for the saying that “the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

But then, as our resident cheerleader for evil, it's no surprise that nothing is exactly what you keep wishing good people would do.
Sertorio keeps cheering on the most evil regimes which the US opposes. Since the US opposes the most evil regimes, it means that the US is a force for good.
The Imp :D

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 7381
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Estonian Benefits of the Russian Sanctions

Post by Sertorio » Mon May 09, 2022 2:50 am

neverfail wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 3:41 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 2:23 pm
In the Ukraine what the "good people" have achieved is making the war last longer and make sure more people are going to get killed. All for the glory of the US exceptionalism...
We know, Sertorio. You would much prefer Ukraine's sovereignty crushed by Putin as swiftly as possible so he can get on with the task of carving out a new Russian empire. How very altruistic of you.
Haven't you exhausted yet this strawman?...

Post Reply