Finland wants to join NATO. Putin issues threat, launched cyberattack and breached airspace

Discussion of current events
User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 7349
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Finland wants to join NATO. Putin issues threat, launched cyberattack and breached airspace

Post by Sertorio » Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:40 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:29 pm
Once Finland becomes a NATO member; the Gulf Of Finland that leads from the Baltic Sea up to St Petersburg, a major Russian seaport, will be flanked by NATO territory on both sides. :lol: Won't that put Putin's knickers in a knot?

Estonia, which occupies the southern shoreline, is already a NATO member.

Finland had no interest in joining NATO before the Russian invasion of Ukraine started so Putin has only himself to blame.
Contrarily to what you seem to think the world is not a cartoon movie nor a comic book...

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 3298
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Probably DCA, YYJ, or DOM
Contact:

Re: Finland wants to join NATO. Putin issues threat, launched cyberattack and breached airspace

Post by SteveFoerster » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:22 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:40 pm
neverfail wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:29 pm
Once Finland becomes a NATO member; the Gulf Of Finland that leads from the Baltic Sea up to St Petersburg, a major Russian seaport, will be flanked by NATO territory on both sides. :lol: Won't that put Putin's knickers in a knot?

Estonia, which occupies the southern shoreline, is already a NATO member.

Finland had no interest in joining NATO before the Russian invasion of Ukraine started so Putin has only himself to blame.
Contrarily to what you seem to think the world is not a cartoon movie nor a comic book...
And yet you just posted a thread entitled "Like a Movie" :roll:
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 7349
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Finland wants to join NATO. Putin issues threat, launched cyberattack and breached airspace

Post by Sertorio » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:32 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:22 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:40 pm
neverfail wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:29 pm
Once Finland becomes a NATO member; the Gulf Of Finland that leads from the Baltic Sea up to St Petersburg, a major Russian seaport, will be flanked by NATO territory on both sides. :lol: Won't that put Putin's knickers in a knot?

Estonia, which occupies the southern shoreline, is already a NATO member.

Finland had no interest in joining NATO before the Russian invasion of Ukraine started so Putin has only himself to blame.
Contrarily to what you seem to think the world is not a cartoon movie nor a comic book...
And yet you just posted a thread entitled "Like a Movie" :roll:
An action movie, not a cartoon...


User avatar
neverfail
Posts: 8398
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: Finland wants to join NATO. Putin issues threat, launched cyberattack and breached airspace

Post by neverfail » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:15 pm

cassowary wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:48 pm
Putin issues threat, launched cyberattack and breached airspace.....

Not friendly behavior by a neighbour at all.

No wonder Finland and Sweden want "in".

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 5649
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: Finland wants to join NATO. Putin issues threat, launched cyberattack and breached airspace

Post by cassowary » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:34 pm

neverfail wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:15 pm
cassowary wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:48 pm
Putin issues threat, launched cyberattack and breached airspace.....

Not friendly behavior by a neighbour at all.

No wonder Finland and Sweden want "in".
Putin lacks empathy. Hd can't see that his actions in Ukraine are frightening his neighbours and pushing them towards NATO. He only understands their joining NATO as a hostile act and must be punished.

People without empathy are psychopaths or sociopaths.
The Imp :D

User avatar
neverfail
Posts: 8398
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Australia

Re: Finland wants to join NATO. Putin issues threat, launched cyberattack and breached airspace

Post by neverfail » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:19 pm

cassowary wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:34 pm
neverfail wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:15 pm
cassowary wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:48 pm
Putin issues threat, launched cyberattack and breached airspace.....

Not friendly behavior by a neighbour at all.

No wonder Finland and Sweden want "in".
Putin lacks empathy. Hd can't see that his actions in Ukraine are frightening his neighbours and pushing them towards NATO. He only understands their joining NATO as a hostile act and must be punished.

People without empathy are psychopaths or sociopaths.
That's well put Cass.

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 3298
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Probably DCA, YYJ, or DOM
Contact:

Re: Finland wants to join NATO. Putin issues threat, launched cyberattack and breached airspace

Post by SteveFoerster » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:08 pm

Image
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 7349
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Finland wants to join NATO. Putin issues threat, launched cyberattack and breached airspace

Post by Sertorio » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:24 pm

cassowary wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:34 pm
neverfail wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:15 pm
cassowary wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:48 pm
Putin issues threat, launched cyberattack and breached airspace.....

Not friendly behavior by a neighbour at all.

No wonder Finland and Sweden want "in".
Putin lacks empathy. Hd can't see that his actions in Ukraine are frightening his neighbours and pushing them towards NATO. He only understands their joining NATO as a hostile act and must be punished.

People without empathy are psychopaths or sociopaths.
What Sweden and Finland should understand is that now their countries are not targeted by Russian nuclear missiles. Once in NATO they will be... Which situation is better in terms of the safety of those countries?...

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 5649
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: Finland wants to join NATO. Putin issues threat, launched cyberattack and breached airspace

Post by cassowary » Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:26 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:24 pm
cassowary wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:34 pm
neverfail wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:15 pm
cassowary wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:48 pm
Putin issues threat, launched cyberattack and breached airspace.....

Not friendly behavior by a neighbour at all.

No wonder Finland and Sweden want "in".
Putin lacks empathy. Hd can't see that his actions in Ukraine are frightening his neighbours and pushing them towards NATO. He only understands their joining NATO as a hostile act and must be punished.

People without empathy are psychopaths or sociopaths.
What Sweden and Finland should understand is that now their countries are not targeted by Russian nuclear missiles. Once in NATO they will be... Which situation is better in terms of the safety of those countries?...
True. But they also realise that any Attack on a NATO member will be met by the armed forces of the entire organization. NATO has deterrent value. Ukraine is not a member and has to fight alone.
The Imp :D

Post Reply