The secret backstory of how Obama let Hezbollah off the hook

Discussion of current events
Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:16 am

If you want to get down, get down to the ground Barrack Obama.

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2 ... stigation/

An ambitious U.S. task force targeting Hezbollah's billion-dollar criminal enterprise ran headlong into the White House's desire for a nuclear deal with Iran.
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” … George Orwell

cassowary

Re: The secret backstory of how Obama let Hezbollah off the hook

Post by cassowary » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:59 am

The man is a skunk and a disgrace.

uche africanus

Post by uche africanus » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:04 pm

Another silly article with no substance.

Milo

Post by Milo » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:45 pm

uche africanus wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:04 pm
I imagine there's a good market for these 'government sources' these days. Not a bad way to subsidize your salary: you just say whatever the right wing want to hear in such a way that the average Republican reader doesn't figure out that it's all deniable. It's even easier for the ones that are anonymized.

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:50 pm

uche africanus wrote:

But, Uche, your response lacks substance. However, it's nice to see you posting again.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:22 pm

uche africanus wrote:
I utterly agree with you this time Uche. Unless you are an Israeli or a silly American, why should you want to care less about Hezbollah?

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:46 pm

neverfail wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:22 pm
uche africanus wrote:
I utterly agree with you this time Uche. Unless you are an Israeli or a silly American, why should you want to care less about Hezbollah?
Indeed. Why should Israelis or Americans care about Hezbollah or any other barbaric Islamist outfit?

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:35 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:46 pm
neverfail wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:22 pm
uche africanus wrote:
Indeed. Why should Israelis or Americans care about Hezbollah or any other barbaric Islamist outfit?
Hezbollah has so far caused no injury or offense to my country Jim. Neither has the power behind it - the Islamic Republic of Iran - which has thus far been diplomatically correct and above board in all of its dealings with us.

Neither are fundamentally anti-Western. Where it not for the fact that the USA is entangled with Saudi Arabia in an unholy alliance based on oil and money and has thus chosen to vilify Iran for (dishonest) political reasons, the USA could enjoy good relations with Iran too.

uche africanus

Post by uche africanus » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:59 pm

Hi JimJim,
You are correct that my response lacks substance too. But that was the best l could do regarding the article without substance. It is surprising the number of journalists who believe that they have to twist, slice, dice and mould a story to fit their agenda. I find these sort of hacks on both sides of the divide. It has become so bad that each time l turn to the news l do it with bated breathe and with tripidation. I'm almost tempted to run into the desert and just live on honey and locusts.

Thanks. It's good to be back.

uche africanus

Post by uche africanus » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:20 pm

never fail,
I hope you are having wonderful season? I am not an Israeli by citizenship but as a Christian, l feel deeply connected to the Jewish history and narrative. And since Judaism is nothing more than an African religion taken from Egypt by the initiate, Moses, l feel doubly connected to the children of Abraham and the followers of Moses. But l recognize bullshit when l see one. At least, l like to think that l do.

Take Hezbollah for example. That organization is not only a political or resistance group, it is also a criminal enterprise. They are also into heavy counterfeiting of the U S dollar. But they have been doing these activities since 1982. There have been successful U S administrations who know this of the group and made the choice to do nothing. Now, this article wants to convince us that doing nothing to stop Hezbollah's criminal activities is Obama's fault.