Another Conspiracy Theory, or Maybe Not?...

Discussion of current events
SteveFoerster

Re: Another Conspiracy Theory, or Maybe Not?...

Post by SteveFoerster » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:33 pm

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." ― Carl Sagan
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:28 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:33 pm
"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." ― Carl Sagan
An open mind does not mean having an empty head - Neverfail.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:56 am

neverfail wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:28 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
So you better have a closed mind... As you and Steve have been proving...Which helps us to understand why you defend the things you do defend...

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:04 am

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:56 am
neverfail wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
So you better have a closed mind... As you and Steve have been proving...Which helps us to understand why you defend the things you do defend...
Right, because we're not taking your 9/11 conspiracy theory seriously. Just take the L.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:53 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:04 am
Sertorio wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:56 am
neverfail wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
Right, because we're not taking your 9/11 conspiracy theory seriously. Just take the L.
I didn't say I believed it. I was just pointing out that the chances of the US government being behind 9/11 were a lot higher than Afghanistan having had anything to do with it. But that didn't stop NATO invading Afghanistan...Under Article 5...

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:56 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:53 am
I didn't say I believed it. I was just pointing out that the chances of the US government being behind 9/11 were a lot higher than Afghanistan having had anything to do with it. But that didn't stop NATO invading Afghanistan...Under Article 5...
It was not Afgahnistan but who and what the regime there were sheltering that moved the Bush administration to push for the NATO intervention there - as you might be aware if you were honest with yourself Sertorio. Has the Taliban agreed to hand Osama Bin Laden and colleagues over tro face trial in the United States (instead of, it seems, abiding by some arcane Islamic rule that Muslims must shelter other Muslims from the vengeance of the infidel) then all would have been well and theire would have been no military intervention.

As for Afghanistan: what advantage could holding this landlocked, fractious, hick backwater excuse for a country have given the United States anyhow? What advantage did it give it? Nil! It proved to be nothing but a drain on resources.