Another Conspiracy Theory, or Maybe Not?...

Discussion of current events
User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 2712
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Probably DCA, YYJ, or DOM
Contact:

Re: Another Conspiracy Theory, or Maybe Not?...

Post by SteveFoerster » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:33 pm

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." ― Carl Sagan
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

neverfail
Posts: 7789
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Another Conspiracy Theory, or Maybe Not?...

Post by neverfail » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:28 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:33 pm
"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." ― Carl Sagan
An open mind does not mean having an empty head - Neverfail.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 6198
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Another Conspiracy Theory, or Maybe Not?...

Post by Sertorio » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:56 am

neverfail wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:28 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:33 pm
"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." ― Carl Sagan
An open mind does not mean having an empty head - Neverfail.
So you better have a closed mind... As you and Steve have been proving...Which helps us to understand why you defend the things you do defend...

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 2712
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Probably DCA, YYJ, or DOM
Contact:

Re: Another Conspiracy Theory, or Maybe Not?...

Post by SteveFoerster » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:04 am

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:56 am
neverfail wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:28 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:33 pm
"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." ― Carl Sagan
An open mind does not mean having an empty head - Neverfail.
So you better have a closed mind... As you and Steve have been proving...Which helps us to understand why you defend the things you do defend...
Right, because we're not taking your 9/11 conspiracy theory seriously. Just take the L.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 6198
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Another Conspiracy Theory, or Maybe Not?...

Post by Sertorio » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:53 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:04 am
Sertorio wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:56 am
neverfail wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:28 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:33 pm
"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." ― Carl Sagan
An open mind does not mean having an empty head - Neverfail.
So you better have a closed mind... As you and Steve have been proving...Which helps us to understand why you defend the things you do defend...
Right, because we're not taking your 9/11 conspiracy theory seriously. Just take the L.
I didn't say I believed it. I was just pointing out that the chances of the US government being behind 9/11 were a lot higher than Afghanistan having had anything to do with it. But that didn't stop NATO invading Afghanistan...Under Article 5...

neverfail
Posts: 7789
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Another Conspiracy Theory, or Maybe Not?...

Post by neverfail » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:56 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:53 am
I didn't say I believed it. I was just pointing out that the chances of the US government being behind 9/11 were a lot higher than Afghanistan having had anything to do with it. But that didn't stop NATO invading Afghanistan...Under Article 5...
It was not Afgahnistan but who and what the regime there were sheltering that moved the Bush administration to push for the NATO intervention there - as you might be aware if you were honest with yourself Sertorio. Has the Taliban agreed to hand Osama Bin Laden and colleagues over tro face trial in the United States (instead of, it seems, abiding by some arcane Islamic rule that Muslims must shelter other Muslims from the vengeance of the infidel) then all would have been well and theire would have been no military intervention.

As for Afghanistan: what advantage could holding this landlocked, fractious, hick backwater excuse for a country have given the United States anyhow? What advantage did it give it? Nil! It proved to be nothing but a drain on resources.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 6198
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Another Conspiracy Theory, or Maybe Not?...

Post by Sertorio » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:29 am

neverfail wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:56 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:53 am
I didn't say I believed it. I was just pointing out that the chances of the US government being behind 9/11 were a lot higher than Afghanistan having had anything to do with it. But that didn't stop NATO invading Afghanistan...Under Article 5...
It was not Afgahnistan but who and what the regime there were sheltering that moved the Bush administration to push for the NATO intervention there - as you might be aware if you were honest with yourself Sertorio. Has the Taliban agreed to hand Osama Bin Laden and colleagues over tro face trial in the United States (instead of, it seems, abiding by some arcane Islamic rule that Muslims must shelter other Muslims from the vengeance of the infidel) then all would have been well and theire would have been no military intervention.

As for Afghanistan: what advantage could holding this landlocked, fractious, hick backwater excuse for a country have given the United States anyhow? What advantage did it give it? Nil! It proved to be nothing but a drain on resources.
So, in your opinion killing tens of thousand of innocent people in Afghanistan was perfectly justified by the Afghanistan government refusal to hand Bin Laden over to the US... I thought that would qualify as a war crime, but if NATO does it then it must be all right...

neverfail
Posts: 7789
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Another Conspiracy Theory, or Maybe Not?...

Post by neverfail » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:59 am

Sertorio wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:29 am


So, in your opinion killing tens of thousand of innocent people in Afghanistan was perfectly justified by the Afghanistan government refusal to hand Bin Laden over to the US... I thought that would qualify as a war crime, but if NATO does it then it must be all right...
Are you thick Sertorio? Remember your time with the Portuguise army in Angola? Whenever native insurgents fored on you and your men they would have at least fired back in self defence, wouldn't they? Can you blame the Americans for doing the same in Afghanistan?

Whereras you and your comrades were fighting (against the flow of history) to preserve colonial rule in Angola the Americans were doing no such thing in Afghanistan.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 6198
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Another Conspiracy Theory, or Maybe Not?...

Post by Sertorio » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:43 am

neverfail wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:59 am
Sertorio wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:29 am


So, in your opinion killing tens of thousand of innocent people in Afghanistan was perfectly justified by the Afghanistan government refusal to hand Bin Laden over to the US... I thought that would qualify as a war crime, but if NATO does it then it must be all right...
Are you thick Sertorio? Remember your time with the Portuguise army in Angola? Whenever native insurgents fored on you and your men they would have at least fired back in self defence, wouldn't they? Can you blame the Americans for doing the same in Afghanistan?

Whereras you and your comrades were fighting (against the flow of history) to preserve colonial rule in Angola the Americans were doing no such thing in Afghanistan.
I am confused...

1. 9/11 was perpetrated by mostly Saudi citizens;
2. Afghanistan had nothing to do with it;
3. Bin Laden may have been involved and he was often a resident of Afghanistan;
4. The Afghan government refused to hand Bin Laden over to the US;
5. Such a refusal was not an act of war against the US;
6. The US convinced NATO that Article 5 was applicable against Afghanistan ( :shock: :shock: :shock: );
7. NATO invaded Afghanistan;
8. According to the Costs of War Project at Brown University, the war killed 46,319 Afghan civilians in Afghanistan. However, the death toll is possibly higher due to unaccounted deaths by "disease, loss of access to food, water, infrastructure, and/or other indirect consequences of the war".
9. The war on Afghanistan was not a legitimate act of defense as spelled out on Article 5;
10. It therefore violated international law and the civilian casualties were the victims of war crimes.

What don't you understand?...

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 2712
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Probably DCA, YYJ, or DOM
Contact:

Re: Another Conspiracy Theory, or Maybe Not?...

Post by SteveFoerster » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:26 am

Sertorio's right. The Taliban offered to turn him over to Qatar. Especially in hindsight, the Bush 43 administration should have said yes.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

Post Reply