The US Knew in Advance of Kazakhstan's Uprising

Discussion of current events
Sertorio

The US Knew in Advance of Kazakhstan's Uprising

Post by Sertorio » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:24 am

Either the CIA is very efficient in gathering intelligence on Kazakhstan, or... :lol:

SteveFoerster

Re: The US Knew in Advance of Kazakhstan's Uprising

Post by SteveFoerster » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:38 am

The democratic opposition called for demonstrations, and as a result the U.S. embassy knew there were going to be demonstrations? How sinister!
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:49 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:38 am
The democratic opposition called for demonstrations, and as a result the U.S. embassy knew there were going to be demonstrations? How sinister!
If the opposition had indeed call for demonstrations (and only the US embassy says so), why wasn't the government prepared?...

Milo

Post by Milo » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:20 am

Sertorio wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:49 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:38 am
If the opposition had indeed call for demonstrations (and only the US embassy says so), why wasn't the government prepared?...
I think they were as prepared as they could be.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:14 pm

The Kazarkhstan government banned the party of Opposition as "extremist"?

That reads as an excuse, not a valid reason, to ban it.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:02 pm

On Friday, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken suggested that Moscow might have some ulterior motives in leading the peacekeeping effort by the CSTO alliance in Kazakhstan. “I think one lesson in recent history is that once Russians are in your house, it’s sometimes very difficult to get them to leave,” he said. The Russian Foreign Ministry has already slammed Blinken for his controversial claims. “When Americans are in your house, it can be difficult to stay alive, and not to be robbed or raped,” and North American Indians, Koreans, Vietnamese, Iraqis, Syrians, and others can confirm that, it pointed out.

https://www.rt.com/russia/545504-moscow ... n-blinken/
Quite right!...

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:23 pm

In other words, even the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs couldn't deny that they'd never leave Kazakhstan.

But when Putin is still referring to the USSR thirty years after its ignominious demise, I suppose this should come as no surprise.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:46 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:23 pm
In other words, even the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs couldn't deny that they'd never leave Kazakhstan.

But when Putin is still referring to the USSR thirty years after its ignominious demise, I suppose this should come as no surprise.
I had mentionhed in an earlier post that Putin, an ex-member of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union (he would never have gained employment with the KGB unless he had been) was/is steeped in nostalga for the Soviet Union strong enough to crave it's return - and least in a revised form. He probably would not want the Islamic Central Asian "Stans' to be re-incorporated into his new construct preferring to manipulate these at arm's length: but he shows signs that he wants Ukraine, Belarus and the Baltic states back. The only factor that likely restrains him (and Russia) from outright military aggression to acheive the goal is the prospect of costly international opposition to his plan - especially from NATO.

Now, the topic of this online discussion is The US Knew in Advance of Kazakhstan's Uprising. This topic need not now be under discussion as it is, after all, the duty of any nation's diplomatic post in a foreign country to pick up bits of information like that and keep the home government posted on developments.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:40 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:

Much as Putin might like to have Kazakhstan coming together with Russia, he is smart enough to know that can never happen unless the request comes from the Kazakhs themselves. I have already read a suggestion that Kazakhstan might want to join the State Union with Russia and Belarus, but I think there are too many strict Muslims in Kazakhstan for that to be possible in the foreseeable future.

But where did you read that the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs said that Russia would never leave Kazakhstan?... :shock:

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:44 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:46 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:

I had mentionhed in an earlier post that Putin, an ex-member of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union (he would never have gained employment with the KGB unless he had been) was/is steeped in nostalga for the Soviet Union strong enough to crave it's return - and least in a revised form. He probably would not want the Islamic Central Asian "Stans' to be re-incorporated into his new construct preferring to manipulate these at arm's length: but he shows signs that he wants Ukraine, Belarus and the Baltic states back. The only factor that likely restrains him (and Russia) from outright military aggression to acheive the goal is the prospect of costly international opposition to his plan - especially from NATO.

Now, the topic of this online discussion is The US Knew in Advance of Kazakhstan's Uprising. This topic need not now be under discussion as it is, after all, the duty of any nation's diplomatic post in a foreign country to pick up bits of information like that and keep the home government posted on developments.
You must be very intimate with Putin to know all that...I thought we Latins had a wild imagination, but you leave us well behind on what imagination is concerned...