Re: Nuclear Fusion in China

Post by Sertorio » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:45 am

cassowary wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:46 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:43 am
cassowary wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:13 pm
I told you guys before. With China’s large population, it can produce more scientists and engineers than the west and Japan combined. They will overtake you and seek to impose its dictatorship on the world.
Demographics are very, very far from being the only input when calculating how many STEM experts a society will produce.
True. Education is another factor. This is connected with wealth. The richer the country, the better the education. Now China is richer than before. It has better schools than before. So it will produce better Scientists and Engineers. They have already overtaken the US in hypersonic missiles.

The Big Mistake was not to finish the CCP off after the Fall do the Berlin Wall. Why did Bush I allow China into the WTO? Now freedom and democracy will be rolled back. Worse, Americans are still not taking the Chinese threat seriously. They will change you. Soon, like your footballers, you won’t dare even to criticise China.

Unlike big mouth Khrushchev (we will bury you all), China is using the boiled frog approach. Bit by bit, they want to remake the world in their image.
Wrong. You are an ethnic Chinese but you fail to understand them. Or you do understand them but find it politically convenient to distort their image.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:45 am

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:45 am
cassowary wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
cassowary wrote:
I told you guys before. With China’s large population, it can produce more scientists and engineers than the west and Japan combined. They will overtake you and seek to impose its dictatorship on the world.
Demographics are very, very far from being the only input when calculating how many STEM experts a society will produce.
True. Education is another factor. This is connected with wealth. The richer the country, the better the education. Now China is richer than before. It has better schools than before. So it will produce better Scientists and Engineers. They have already overtaken the US in hypersonic missiles.

The Big Mistake was not to finish the CCP off after the Fall do the Berlin Wall. Why did Bush I allow China into the WTO? Now freedom and democracy will be rolled back. Worse, Americans are still not taking the Chinese threat seriously. They will change you. Soon, like your footballers, you won’t dare even to criticise China.

Unlike big mouth Khrushchev (we will bury you all), China is using the boiled frog approach. Bit by bit, they want to remake the world in their image.
Wrong. You are an ethnic Chinese but you fail to understand them. Or you do understand them but find it politically convenient to distort their image.
I understand them very well. Maybe you do too. But because it’s ruled by a communist party, he pretend you don’t see their evil intentions.
The Imp :D

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:07 pm

cassowary wrote:
SteveFoerster wrote:
cassowary wrote:
True. Education is another factor. This is connected with wealth. The richer the country, the better the education. Now China is richer than before. It has better schools than before. So it will produce better Scientists and Engineers.
A few elite universities in China have improved, but they're nowhere near the West in overall comparison of higher education systems. However, China is ending up with better scientists and engineers because U.S. immigration policy is so moronically short-sighted, both generally and specifically when it comes to STEM graduates.
cassowary wrote:
They have already overtaken the US in hypersonic missiles.
So they say, but the evidence for that is not particularly convincing.
cassowary wrote:
Hollywood is particularly spineless on this. Sporting associations vary, players vary a lot. But there's starting to be pushback, like the Women's Tennis Association taking a strong stand against China disappearing a prominent tennis player: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/as ... story.html

People are waking up to the threat. It's not just John Birch Society types anymore.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac