Comedians - The Stand Up Profits of Our Times.

Discussion of current events
Doc

Comedians - The Stand Up Profits of Our Times.

Post by Doc » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:40 pm

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

SteveFoerster

Re: Comedians - The Stand Up Profits of Our Times.

Post by SteveFoerster » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:46 am

I made the mistake of looking at the comments.... :?
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:50 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:46 am
I made the mistake of looking at the comments.... :?
The comments are actually quite good and spot on. Some are real gems. Why do you feel it was a mistake looking at them?
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:26 am

"It's good to know they don't want to feed the starving, just extend their own lives. If Sci-Fi movies are anything to go by, they'll be sorry."

"The world gets worse every year. I certainly don't want to be around to see how awful it is 200 years from now."

"OMG, how empy they must feel inside."

"Like everything else that billionaires want, it will come at the expense of everyone else. They certainly don’t want us to live forever!"

"The more you cling into life, the more you'll fear death, the only certain thing in life."

It was mostly just a bunch of envious sour grapes comments like this.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:38 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:26 am
"It's good to know they don't want to feed the starving, just extend their own lives. If Sci-Fi movies are anything to go by, they'll be sorry."

"The world gets worse every year. I certainly don't want to be around to see how awful it is 200 years from now."

"OMG, how empy they must feel inside."

"Like everything else that billionaires want, it will come at the expense of everyone else. They certainly don’t want us to live forever!"

"The more you cling into life, the more you'll fear death, the only certain thing in life."

It was mostly just a bunch of envious sour grapes comments like this.
More like honest, if sour truth IMHO. History is full of people that got extremely rich which lead them to believe they were somehow akin to god.

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:35 pm

The truth about the "tooth and gum disease" pandemic