Re: Jewish Settlements in the West Bank

Post by neverfail » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:48 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:02 am
neverfail wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:20 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:12 pm
It's an interesting question. What land ownership can be considered 100% legitimate in a world where nearly every plot has been stolen time and time again? I don't see an easy answer, although I'll admit that I've thought about it a bit since property rights are one of the pillars of libertarian theory.
That remark only muddies the water SF. Unhelpful comment!
That the waters are inherently muddy essentially was my comment.
No! regardless of who else ruled the Holy Land (similtaneously a country of unholy politics? :lol: :D ) over previous centuries, Mameluke, Ottoman Turk or British: these only define the various imperial soverignties that ruled this country. All along the forebears of the present day Palestinians were there farming the land, as artisans and merchants in the townships, by far the majority population of the country. They might well of been denied the opportunity to form a soverign state of their own with the ebb and flow of other nation's empires but that would not have prevented this people from having formed an attachment to the country that was and remains more long lived and genuine that that of any of the passing imperiums that ruled.

Until the Zionist movement so rudely and aggressively wrested it from their grip.

The issue is as clear as a bell.

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:43 pm

The Article 43 of the Fourth Hague Convention made it clear that Judea and Samaria could not be considered as occupied territory (Levy Report). It doesn't address any country called Palestine.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:31 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:43 pm
The Article 43 of the Fourth Hague Convention made it clear that Judea and Samaria could not be considered as occupied territory (Levy Report). It doesn't address any country called Palestine.
So?