Is the CCP facing a civil war?

Discussion of current events
neverfail

Re: Is the CCP facing a civil war?

Post by neverfail » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:27 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:47 pm

You seem to forget I have a PhD in Political Science...
Are you attempting to pull rank Sertorio? That never goes over well with me.
Of course I know of Lord Acton and his sayings... :D
You may "know" of them but that is not the same as accepting the wisdom - which clearly you don't!.
No matter how powerful Xi is or will be, he will never do not even 10% of the awful things the latest American Presidents have done...

Like what?
And while Xi depends on the support of the 100 million CCP members,..
I disbelieve that totally. The CCP would have its own select set of power brokers and factional chieftons within who between them would determine who becomes party leader and premier. The 100 million rank-and-file would never get a word in while the other 1.39 billion PRC Chinese would have absolutely no control (along with no opportunity to voice objections or hold the ruling party to account.
...... the latest US Presidents only depend on the complicity of a few thousand oligarchs and party officials, and on the stupidity of US voters who let themselves be manipulated...
They are not so stupid as might appear. Their two big political parties never seem to give voters much of a choice. But then you have gone to pains to publicise your contempt for democracy via this website.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:29 am

neverfail wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:27 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:47 pm

You seem to forget I have a PhD in Political Science...
Are you attempting to pull rank Sertorio? That never goes over well with me.
I wasn't pulling rank on you!... :D I just thought it funny that you seemed to think I might not know who Lord Acton was...
neverfail wrote:
No matter how powerful Xi is or will be, he will never do not even 10% of the awful things the latest American Presidents have done...

Like what?
Like the Vietnam war, the second Iraq war, the attempt to destroy Cuba political and economically, the attempt to starve North Korea, the responsibility for the killing of hundreds of thousand Syrians, forcing people in the ME to take refuge in Europe, the destruction of Libya, the attempt to prevent Venezuelans getting Covid 19 vaccines, the supplying to Saudi of weapons they use to kill innocent Yemeni children... Is that enough or must I mention a few more things?...
neverfail wrote:
...... the latest US Presidents only depend on the complicity of a few thousand oligarchs and party officials, and on the stupidity of US voters who let themselves be manipulated...
They are not so stupid as might appear. Their two big political parties never seem to give voters much of a choice. But then you have gone to pains to publicise your contempt for democracy via this website.
I am a firm defender of democracy, but I do not think that we are supposed to impose it - or our form of democracy - on other people. Particularly when you keep Saudi among your closest allies...

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:32 am

Doc wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:54 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 1970 4:20 am

You seem to forget I have a PhD in Political Science... Of course I know of Lord Acton and his sayings... :D

No matter how powerful Xi is or will be, he will never do not even 10% of the awful things the latest American Presidents have done... And while Xi depends on the support of the 100 million CCP members, the latest US Presidents only depend on the complicity of a few thousand oligarchs and party officials, and on the stupidity of US voters who let themselves be manipulated...
A PHD is Political Science? Seriously Sertorio? Not to disparage your degree but It is no wonder you are so full of BS. :P

I literally had an uncle with a PolSci degree. My father told me once my uncle submitted a paper on a book he never read.

His professor read the paper and asked my uncle "You didn't read the book did you" And my uncle replied "No, I just read the title and imagined what it was about." His professor gave him an "A-" and told him he would have given him an "A+" had he actually read the book.

:D

One other thing I noticed when I took the Polysci courses I did take in College. The people that actually read newspapers when they were young all thought it was easy. Those that did not complained about how hard a subject it was.
Maybe you take after your uncle... :lol: