Spengler blames Minorities for America's Decline

Discussion of current events
uche africanus

Spengler blames Minorities for America's Decline

Post by uche africanus » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:51 am

China is serious, focused and disciplined in its campaign to lead the Fourth Industrial Revolution. The US at best gives lip service to the concept, and at worst ignores the problem, the better to focus on “diversity” and “equity.”

https://asiatimes.com/2021/10/china-mar ... revolution

I call this for what it is, cow manure. it is also diversionary and reduces what would have been a great article to ordinary propaganda, a pamphlet of nonsense. A serious and an impartial study of the evidence will show that it is America's failure to educate its minorities and to create a culture of inclusiveness that is responsible for its technological decline. Science advancement requires good education, research and creativity and it is clear to most that the African American population is the most dynamic and creative segment of the American population as evidence in its music and culture that the outside world sees and embraces as a uniquely American culture. Yes, the American culture that the world gravitates to is purely an African American one. Of course there are montages of white cultures to be found here and there. But these are mostly bull ridings or polka music, corn festival cultures and loose meat sandwiches. But they hold no appeal to outsiders, those outside of their local or regions of extraction.

The black child is exposed to poor schools with insufficiently trained teachers and counselors than his white or Jewish counterpart in the suburbs. He or she grows up in a neighborhood marked with extreme poverty and violence, poor nutrition and from a very young age is reminded of the limitations and narrow choices he has. At a certain age that black child is sent to jail for re-education whereas his white or Jewish counter goes to an ivy league university studies commerce and sizzling which is to say marketing and learns to sell American companies and technologies to the highest bidders in the name of increasing business earnings. Very few of them actually go on to get their doctorates in the sciences as attested by the number of foreign born students in our graduate programs in technology or mathematics.

But Spengler would rather blame the non existent focus on diversity and equity as largely responsible for America's failure to compete with China. Not the endless wars that costs us trillions of dollars and reduced investments in research and developments, not our misadventures in Iraq and Afghanistan that priced solid education out of the reach of middle class and poor Americans thus forcing many to assume large educational loans that mushroomed into gigantic debt loads ably aided by usury interest rates.

Doc

Re: Spengler blames Minorities for America's Decline

Post by Doc » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:06 am

uche africanus wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:51 am
China is serious, focused and disciplined in its campaign to lead the Fourth Industrial Revolution. The US at best gives lip service to the concept, and at worst ignores the problem, the better to focus on “diversity” and “equity.”

I call this for what it is, cow manure. it is also diversionary and reduces what would have been a great article to ordinary propaganda, a pamphlet of nonsense. A serious and an impartial study of the evidence will show that it is America's failure to educate its minorities and to create a culture of inclusiveness that is responsible for its technological decline. Science advancement requires good education, research and creativity and it is clear to most that the African American population is the most dynamic and creative segment of the American population as evidence in its music and culture that the outside world sees and embraces as a uniquely American culture. Yes, the American culture that the world gravitates to is purely an African American one. Of course there are montages of white cultures to be found here and there. But these are mostly bull ridings or polka music, corn festival cultures and loose meat sandwiches. But they hold no appeal to outsiders, those outside of their local or regions of extraction.

The black child is exposed to poor schools with insufficiently trained teachers and counselors than his white or Jewish counterpart in the suburbs. He or she grows up in a neighborhood marked with extreme poverty and violence, poor nutrition and from a very young age is reminded of the limitations and narrow choices he has. At a certain age that black child is sent to jail for re-education whereas his white or Jewish counter goes to an ivy league university studies commerce and sizzling which is to say marketing and learns to sell American companies and technologies to the highest bidders in the name of increasing business earnings. Very few of them actually go on to get their doctorates in the sciences as attested by the number of foreign born students in our graduate programs in technology or mathematics.

But Spengler would rather blame the non existent focus on diversity and equity as largely responsible for America's failure to compete with China. Not the endless wars that costs us trillions of dollars and reduced investments in research and developments, not our misadventures in Iraq and Afghanistan that priced solid education out of the reach of middle class and poor Americans thus forcing many to assume large educational loans that mushroomed into gigantic debt loads ably aided by usury interest rates.
Uche, I don't see where David Mentions minorities anywhere at the link. Did you perhaps post the wrong link?
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Milo

Post by Milo » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:33 am

Doc wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:06 am
uche africanus wrote:

Uche, I don't see where David Mentions minorities anywhere at the link. Did you perhaps post the wrong link?
I hope you’re smarter than that Doc.

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:59 am

Doc wrote:
I believe he's referring to the last sentence, which implies that diversity and equity are misplaced priorities.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:47 pm

Milo wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:33 am
Doc wrote:
uche africanus wrote:

I hope you’re smarter than that Doc.
I read through the entire 10 page essay twice. Steve pointed out that Uche was objecting to the last few words out of thousands.
The US at best gives lip service to the concept, and at worst ignores the problem, the better to focus on “diversity” and “equity.”
I don't agree with most in it. But to ignore pretty much an entire article over two words says something as well.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:48 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:59 am
Doc wrote:
I believe he's referring to the last sentence, which implies that diversity and equity are misplaced priorities.
Thanks Steve. I read through it twice and never saw the last few words.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:22 pm

"China is serious, focused and disciplined in its campaign to lead the Fourth Industrial Revolution. "

Ignoring the discordent final sentence (that Uche Africanus took exception to): were I American I would ignore Mr. Goldman's warning at my peril.

Snap out of your state of denial Americans. The USA is losing ground. Just like Great Britain was to the two upstarts, the USA and Germany, in the first industrial revolution during the late 19th century into the early 20th. That's the bottom line.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:30 pm

neverfail wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:22 pm
"China is serious, focused and disciplined in its campaign to lead the Fourth Industrial Revolution. "

Ignoring the discordent final sentence (that Uche Africanus took exception to): were I American I would ignore Mr. Goldman's warning at my peril.

Snap out of your state of denial Americans. The USA is losing ground. Just like Great Britain was to the two upstarts, the USA and Germany, in the first industrial revolution during the late 19th century into the early 20th. That's the bottom line.
I agree with you Neverfail. Being close to Asia, I think you realise the potential for China to overtake the US. This is a threat to all democracies for China is a dictatorship bent on making the world safe for dictatorships. I read Spengler’s article with fear.

It will seek to undermine weak democracies like Indonesia and turn them into becoming China’s allies. It will use your open societies to undermine you.

You see what China is capable of in its handling of the pandemic. Using drastic measures, it could stamp out covid by shutting out whole cities 🏙 and regions. It could muster vast resources to build a hospital in less than one week.

With its large population and economy it can out manufacture more armaments than America 🇺🇸 Can just as America out manufactured Germany in WWII.

You must not go to war. Instead, hit them in their Achilles’ heel. Internally, the CCP is weak because it has not much support.

It’s claim to legitimacy is in bringing its people prosperity. Take that away and it falls like a house of cards. Stop buying stuff from them. Stop investing in China.
The Imp :D

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:31 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:59 am
Doc wrote:
I think it’s a misplaced priority when America faces an existential threat from China.
The Imp :D

uche africanus

Post by uche africanus » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:46 pm

neverfail,

America might be losing ground to China but America has many opportunities to get it right. It has to start investing in the education of it minority citizens and its poor white children.

Early childhood intervention can turn a child, any child into a brilliant adult and a worthwhile contributor as a thinker and a producer of worthwhile things. Not doing so confines them to the status of dullards and criminality. We know this but don’t do what needs to be done because its hard work. We are content to send a high number of our citizens to jail where they are not rehabilitated but turned into hardened criminals whilst China graduates thousands of college graduates that contribute to its nonstop rise.