African American is now the richest person in the universe

Discussion of current events
cassowary

Re: African American is now the richest person in the universe

Post by cassowary » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:15 pm

uche africanus wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:36 pm
Cass,

You should believe everything you read. Just because something is in print or in the news does not make it true. There is the need to be very discerning in what you believe based on the writings or the mutterings some journalists or opinion makers who will push any agenda so long as they receive their brown envelopes or a red envelop, seeing that as a Chinese you will understand that better.

The whole narrative about how Asians are discriminated against in college admission is to say the least, nonsensical/ It is a ploy to factionalize and divide peoples/ it is not based on facts/ The fact is that colleges have sets of criteria they used in admissions and college entrance tests and GPAs are just some aspects of that criteria. But fundamentally, colleges prefer to have a diverse student population for the enrichment of experiences they bring and which all combined gives rise to a richer college experience and prepares their graduates for the world outside.

There was once a stupid girl from U-Texas at Austin who did not understand these facts and was probably a tool used to create disruption and division who sued the university for her her failure to get admission to study law as if she could not apply elsewhere and get admitted or that we do not have too many lawyers in the country as it is. Well, she got reminded of her limited understandings of the facts underlying college admissions.

That is the sort of silliness that you are trying to push here. And it has all the tediousness of an error.
Uche,

You shouldn’t believe everything you read. Just because something is in print or in the news does not make it true. There is the need to be very discerning in what you believe based on the writings or the mutterings some journalists or opinion makers who will push any agenda so long as they receive their brown envelopes.

The whole narrative about how Blacks are discriminated by racist whites causing their poverty is to say the least, nonsensical/ It is a ploy to factionalize and divide peoples/ it is not based on facts/ . If it’s true, how is it that Chinese Americans and other Asian Americans prospered in America? How is it that the Chinese in Singapore , Malaya and HK owned banks, plantations and businesses even during colonial times and prospered?
The Imp :D

uche africanus

Post by uche africanus » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:29 pm

neverfail wrote:
[quote
:lol: as though Europeans are ever going to return like back in the good old days of the latter 19th century scramble for Africa - the big event in the history of your home continent that jolted the continent out of the torpor of its traditional Dark Ages without end. So you see, your fellow Africans are wasting their (scarce) money buying arms from them. European man has been there before, Uche, and found being in Africa a losing proposition. That is why the scramble to get out of Africa in the latter 20th century proceeded at a faster rate than the origi9nal 19th century scramble to carve up Africa. Once bitten, twice shy as the saying goes.
Top][/quote]

Tell that to the French who are busy all over Africa, looting and still exploiting its ex colonies. And where those ex=colonies do not want them there they sponsor coups. You don't really know how the great game is being played in Africa. There is a rising and generalized anger towards France across the breadth of the African continent that I make bold to state that France will soon experience a major strategic defeat there that will be worse than it experienced in Dien Bien Phu. As it is the Russians and( soon) the Turks are muscling them out of their previous ex colonies in Central Africa Republic, Mali, and Libya. Britain is also coming back to Africa in full force looking for trade opportunities after Briexit. The European powers never really left Africa. They pretended to have left. France never pretended. It stayed fully engaged in the exploitation of its colonies and in the glory that that engagement gave to a decadent, dying civilization. You should pay more attention to what is going on in Africa and less on relations between Australia and China. Australia, I'm sorry to say, is a foregone conclusion. It will pay tribute to China in the not too distant future.

uche africanus

Post by uche africanus » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:40 pm

cass,

You must be a Hokkien Chinese! Anyway, its almost my bedtime. Until we meet again.

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:06 pm

neverfail wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:45 pm
Doc wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:14 am
. The CCP is turning Africa into colonies again.
Which reflects sadly on African weakness, not Chinese might?

As I was taught in high school physics: nature abhors a vacumn. If you evacuate all (or even most of) the air out of a vacumn flask the earth's atmosphere will push unrelentingly inwards to try and fill it. Is you, having evacuated the flask, then push it underwater before removing the stopper the flask will instantly fill with water - and so on.

The same principle works in human affairs as well: which is why we speak of "political vacumns". If the Chinese are moving into Africa in a big way then it reflects the times we are living in. the old European imperialists have rested on their laurels and the USA (probably debilitated, restrained by a guilt complex over past treatment of its own blacks) was never a serious contender to replace the French, British (& etc) on the continent. So this ambitious new power is moving in to occupy the void in their place.

Fascinating!

Africa's problem is tribalism made worst by colonization that created two tribes in each country which in turn created internal conflict in many of the countries there.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:17 pm

uche africanus wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:40 pm
cass,

You must be a Hokkien Chinese! Anyway, its almost my bedtime. Until we meet again.
Yes, I am.
The Imp :D

neverfail

Re: French vanity?

Post by neverfail » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:19 am

neverfail wrote:
[quote
:lol: as though Europeans are ever going to return like back in the good old days of the latter 19th century scramble for Africa - the big event in the history of your home continent that jolted the continent out of the torpor of its traditional Dark Ages without end. So you see, your fellow Africans are wasting their (scarce) money buying arms from them. European man has been there before, Uche, and found being in Africa a losing proposition. That is why the scramble to get out of Africa in the latter 20th century proceeded at a faster rate than the origi9nal 19th century scramble to carve up Africa. Once bitten, twice shy as the saying goes.
Top][/quote]

uche africanus wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:29 pm

Tell that to the French who are busy all over Africa, looting and still exploiting its ex colonies. And where those ex=colonies do not want them there they sponsor coups. You don't really know how the great game is being played in Africa. There is a rising and generalized anger towards France across the breadth of the African continent that I make bold to state that France will soon experience a major strategic defeat there that will be worse than it experienced in Dien Bien Phu. As it is the Russians and( soon) the Turks are muscling them out of their previous ex colonies in Central Africa Republic, Mali, and Libya. Britain is also coming back to Africa in full force looking for trade opportunities after Briexit. The European powers never really left Africa. They pretended to have left. France never pretended. It stayed fully engaged in the exploitation of its colonies and in the glory that that engagement gave to a decadent, dying civilization. You should pay more attention to what is going on in Africa and less on relations between Australia and China. Australia, I'm sorry to say, is a foregone conclusion. It will pay tribute to China in the not too distant future.
Okay Uche. I have done some quick Google research on Francophone Africa and it seems to be as you say. France made sure before it left that the vested interests of its corporations there would be taken care of.

https://www.dw.com/en/africa-and-france ... a-54418511

What still puzzles me is how much of France's GDP relies on returns from Francophone Africa. As these countries are generally very poor they could not possibly be a rich source of export income for French producers. france would just have to gain much more through trade with its fellow EU member states, even just by itself with Germany, than from the entire French former empire in Africa. This is not even to mention trade with other developed countries outside the EU. So why does France still bother with trying to hold its former imperial holdings in Africa captive?

I have reason to believe that is has little to do with economics and everything to do with satisfying French glory. Charles De Gaulle said that "France cannot live without glory". It the 19th century the scramble for African colonies was motivated by a crazy quest for prestige; not by economic necessity. I suspect that France has never really given up on it.
.....................................................................................................................................

As for Australia paying "tribute" to China you really do not know either us nor just how stubbornly opposed to something so demeaning we can be. I kid you not: we would rather have to fight a war than do that.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:01 am

neverfail wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:19 am

As for Australia paying "tribute" to China you really do not know either us nor just how stubbornly opposed to something so demeaning we can be. I kid you not: we would rather have to fight a war than do that.
Humans are indeed simple minded... Relations between peoples must be conducted with their mutual interests in sight. My dick is bigger than yours is indeed a stupid way of looking at it. If both the Chinese and the Australians can benefit from trade and relations between the two countries than that is what should be happening. The type of governments they may have, and the more or less freedom there may exist in each country, does not concern the other. Extreme violations of human rights may disturb relations, but until we have a world government capable of intervening in any part of that world, we must learn to keep our feelings under control and avoid anything that may lead to war. Or is killing a couple million people in a war more acceptable that seeing a couple million people suffering limitations to their human rights? Maybe we should learn to control our impulses in respect of what happens in other countries. And stop thinking that, thanks to our particular god, we are better than the rest of the world...

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:11 am

Sertorio wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:01 am
neverfail wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:19 am

If both the Chinese and the Australians can benefit from trade and relations between the two countries than that is what should be happening.
We have been and still are (believe it or not)!. It is just that from the Chinese end power politics have entered the picture. Xi Jinpeng and cohorts has as much as informed us that China is more powerful than Australia (as though we ever needed a reminder) so you should come along and kiss our arses in due suplication.

(Well, fuck that for a joke! :( )

If the PRC were to put your country, Portugal, in the same situation Portugal would invite being regarded with contempt by the world at large, and treated as such forever after by the PRC; whos'e government would have identified a weakness to exploit (which they are quite clever at doing to foreign governments and the nations they lead). Your government would likewise deserve to be torn limb from limb for complicity with the blackmail.

(That Portugal is unlikely to ever be placed in the same situation by the PRC is beside the point.)

There are times that a government and the country it leads needs to make a tough stand in order to invite and deserve respect.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:35 am

neverfail wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:11 am

There are times that a government and the country it leads needs to make a tough stand in order to invite and deserve respect.
You are respected when you respect others, not when you make a so-called tough stand, particularly if such a stand is made in respect of other countries' affairs.

Doc

Post by Doc » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:34 am

uche africanus wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:16 pm
It is not true that the CCP is turning Africa into colonies. It is mostly the arguments that westerners who can no longer compete with China on the economic front in Africa advance. Africans know that the Chinese are ruthless but they also know that China makes business deals and sticks to them, something, l’m afraid that westerners have long abandoned. Africans like the alternative that China offers. Now both the West and China can compete for economic foothold in Africa.[\quote]

The other day l was comparing notes with a friend about the almost one hundred years of British rule in my former country of origin, Nigeria. They did not build a single university or even one power plant in a country of millions. They used imported power generators to provide light to their own homes and their clubs where they played golf, badminton and frolicked with each other. They spent a majority of their working time carting away resources which they used to support an extravagant lifestyle at home and build those magnificent architectures in London and elsewhere including supporting science and music.
I agree. Europeans still don't build power plants in Africa. They feel that Africa should not contribute to "Global Warming"

The Chinese are leaving infrastructures all over Africa. They are building power plants, airports, seaports, railroads and even selling arms to the Africans to defend themselves from malign colonial powers like France.
CCP construction is junk Chinese construction companies get paid high prices to cover the bribes of government officials involves and have little construction oversight in both domestic and foreign projects.

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros