African American is now the richest person in the universe

Discussion of current events
SteveFoerster

Re: African American is now the richest person in the universe

Post by SteveFoerster » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:14 pm

I'm reminded of Mark Shuttleworth's blog about being a space tourist in 2002, which he called First African In Space.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:45 pm

Doc wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:14 am
. The CCP is turning Africa into colonies again.
Which reflects sadly on African weakness, not Chinese might?

As I was taught in high school physics: nature abhors a vacumn. If you evacuate all (or even most of) the air out of a vacumn flask the earth's atmosphere will push unrelentingly inwards to try and fill it. Is you, having evacuated the flask, then push it underwater before removing the stopper the flask will instantly fill with water - and so on.

The same principle works in human affairs as well: which is why we speak of "political vacumns". If the Chinese are moving into Africa in a big way then it reflects the times we are living in. the old European imperialists have rested on their laurels and the USA (probably debilitated, restrained by a guilt complex over past treatment of its own blacks) was never a serious contender to replace the French, British (& etc) on the continent. So this ambitious new power is moving in to occupy the void in their place.

Fascinating!

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:15 pm

uche africanus wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:09 am
That will be the day. Of course anything is possible so too is the passing of a camel through the eye of a needle. There was once an African who was said to have been the richest man in the world. His name was Mansa Musa from the then Mali empire, a place that is also the origin of America's blues music. He was said to have given so much of his wealth to others that he depressed the price of gold for many, many years.

Musk being white is not technically an African American, seeing that it is a term used on most government sanctioned forms to designate peoples of chocolate complexions. But it is clear that growing up under the intense light of Africa benefited him and being white might also have reduced or removed animosity toward him for being brilliant. Brilliant Africans in the west are viewed with suspicion and often seen as threats and their countries of origin often lack the resources to support their brilliant enquiries. It is a Catch-22.
I think there is something called the “one drop rule.” If you have just one drop of black blood, then you are black. Musk’s father came from South Africa. So presumably, he has Africans in his ancestry. Musk is black.
The Imp :D

uche africanus

Post by uche africanus » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:16 pm

It is not true that the CCP is turning Africa into colonies. It is mostly the arguments that westerners who can no longer compete with China on the economic front in Africa advance. Africans know that the Chinese are ruthless but they also know that China makes business deals and sticks to them, something, l’m afraid that westerners have long abandoned. Africans like the alternative that China offers. Now both the West and China can compete for economic foothold in Africa.

The other day l was comparing notes with a friend about the almost one hundred years of British rule in my former country of origin, Nigeria. They did not build a single university or even one power plant in a country of millions. They used imported power generators to provide light to their own homes and their clubs where they played golf, badminton and frolicked with each other. They spent a majority of their working time carting away resources which they used to support an extravagant lifestyle at home and build those magnificent architectures in London and elsewhere including supporting science and music.

The Chinese are leaving infrastructures all over Africa. They are building power plants, airports, seaports, railroads and even selling arms to the Africans to defend themselves from malign colonial powers like France.

uche africanus

Post by uche africanus » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:26 pm

Cass

The one drop rule only applies when whites want to use to justify their racism. If it is true it is a fact that every person in the world today has an African ancestor and that thanks to these African Homo Sapiens that they were saved from the extinctions that befell their ancient Neanderthal ancestors. But their response to this greatest gift has been one of unfathomable ingratitude.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:07 pm

uche africanus wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:26 pm
Cass

The one drop rule only applies when whites want to use to justify their racism. If it is true it is a fact that every person in the world today has an African ancestor and that thanks to these African Homo Sapiens that they were saved from the extinctions that befell their ancient Neanderthal ancestors. But their response to this greatest gift has been one of unfathomable ingratitude.
I get the impression that it is advantageous in America to be black because of an enduring white guilt complex and affirmative action policies. The most discriminated minority in the US are the Asians who face the highest hurdle in SAT scores to get into top universities.

https://thespikelab.com/the-asian-tax-i ... issions-2/
According to research from Princeton University, students who identify as Asian must score, on average, 140 points higher on the SAT (out of 1600) than whites to have the same chance of admission to private colleges. They must score 450 points higher on the SAT than African-Americans.
So Asians and Whites have to get higher scores to get in than blacks. That makes blacks the privileged race. This is where the one drop rule comes in handy.
The Imp :D

uche africanus

Post by uche africanus » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:36 pm

Cass,

You should believe everything you read. Just because something is in print or in the news does not make it true. There is the need to be very discerning in what you believe based on the writings or the mutterings some journalists or opinion makers who will push any agenda so long as they receive their brown envelopes or a red envelop, seeing that as a Chinese you will understand that better.

The whole narrative about how Asians are discriminated against in college admission is to say the least, nonsensical/ It is a ploy to factionalize and divide peoples/ it is not based on facts/ The fact is that colleges have sets of criteria they used in admissions and college entrance tests and GPAs are just some aspects of that criteria. But fundamentally, colleges prefer to have a diverse student population for the enrichment of experiences they bring and which all combined gives rise to a richer college experience and prepares their graduates for the world outside.

There was once a stupid girl from U-Texas at Austin who did not understand these facts and was probably a tool used to create disruption and division who sued the university for her her failure to get admission to study law as if she could not apply elsewhere and get admitted or that we do not have too many lawyers in the country as it is. Well, she got reminded of her limited understandings of the facts underlying college admissions.

That is the sort of silliness that you are trying to push here. And it has all the tediousness of an error.

uche africanus

Post by uche africanus » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:45 pm

Steve wrote:
I'm reminded of Mark Shuttleworth's blog about being a space tourist in 2002, which he called First African In Space.

Interesting. I did not know of this guy until now. But he is an African in the mold of Elon Musk, a white African. They enjoy privileges that regular black Africans do not enjoy. I think that being an African is much more than being born in the geographical space that is African it requires being subjected to racism and derision by groups who are eternally envious of the African's dignity and beauty. And may I add their closeness to G-d.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:48 pm

uche africanus wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:16 pm
It is not true that the CCP is turning Africa into colonies. It is mostly the arguments that westerners who can no longer compete with China on the economic front in Africa advance.
Which proves my point about the Chinese moving into the vacumn left by Europeans.
Africans know that the Chinese are ruthless but they also know that China makes business deals and sticks to them, something, l’m afraid that westerners have long abandoned.

No they don't, Uche - not since the present strongman Xi Jinpeng took over in Beijing. We Australians have had a free trade treaty with the PRC since 2015 - one that had taken years to negotiate. Less than 18 months ago against both the letter and the spirit of the agreement Xi and comrades took exception to an international diplomatic campaign (successful) for an independent World Health Organisation investigation into the source of thye Covid-19 pandemic in China. Instead of talking to us about it their government; along with imposing prohibitave tarffs and outright bans on certain Australian products left several coal bearing ships stranded offshore for over a year by refusing them permission to come into port. None of this has anything to do with trade: the Australian suppliers honoured the terms and conditions of the treaty; it was all to do with politics. The PRC leadership were as much as telling us that "China is powerful now so you Australians should acknowledge that by coming along and kiss our bloody arses for us."

You Africans have not had a brush with the PRClike that yet but your time will come.
Africans like the alternative that China offers.
Of course they do! "Softly, softly catchee monkey" as the old saying goes. It was like that decades ago when we Australians stasrted tradinjg with the PRC in a big way also. So be warned!
The other day l was comparing notes with a friend about the almost one hundred years of British rule in my former country of origin, Nigeria. They did not build a single university or even one power plant in a country of millions. They used imported power generators to provide light to their own homes and their clubs where they played golf, badminton and frolicked with each other.
Old truism: he who pays the piper calls the tune.
The Chinese are leaving infrastructures all over Africa. They are building power plants, airports, seaports, railroads...
......................and I'll bet doing it out of heartfelt alturism and not charging the Africans a single Yuan for it too. Cut the bull!

....and even selling arms to the Africans to defend themselves from malign colonial powers like France.
[/quote]

:lol: as though Europeans are ever going to return like back in the good old days of the latter 19th century scramble for Africa - the big event in the history of your home continent that jolted the continent out of the torpor of its traditional Dark Ages without end. So you see, your fellow Africans are wasting their (scarce) money buying arms from them. European man has been there before, Uche, and found being in Africa a losing proposition. That is why the scramble to get out of Africa in the latter 20th century proceeded at a faster rate than the origi9nal 19th century scramble to carve up Africa. Once bitten, twice shy as the saying goes.

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:59 pm

uche africanus wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:16 pm
It is not true that the CCP is turning Africa into colonies. It is mostly the arguments that westerners who can no longer compete with China on the economic front in Africa advance. Africans know that the Chinese are ruthless but they also know that China makes business deals and sticks to them, something, l’m afraid that westerners have long abandoned. Africans like the alternative that China offers. Now both the West and China can compete for economic foothold in Africa.[\quote]

The other day l was comparing notes with a friend about the almost one hundred years of British rule in my former country of origin, Nigeria. They did not build a single university or even one power plant in a country of millions. They used imported power generators to provide light to their own homes and their clubs where they played golf, badminton and frolicked with each other. They spent a majority of their working time carting away resources which they used to support an extravagant lifestyle at home and build those magnificent architectures in London and elsewhere including supporting science and music.
I agree. Europeans still don't build power plants in Africa. They feel that Africa should not contribute to "Global Warming"

The Chinese are leaving infrastructures all over Africa. They are building power plants, airports, seaports, railroads and even selling arms to the Africans to defend themselves from malign colonial powers like France.
CCP construction is junk Chinese construction companies get paid high prices to cover the bribes of government officials involves and have little construction oversight in both domestic and foreign projects.

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros