Discussion of current events
Doc

Re: Europe as seen by the US

Post by Doc » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:36 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:06 am
Sertorio wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:18 am
Stop daydreaming. Russia and China will never go to war against each other. Coexistence is the word...
War between them would mean nuclear war, and I agree neither neither is crazy enough to risk that.

That has yet to be seen

When I was young I heard a preacher say

"God created the Earth to train the faithful"

Too which I would add a sign on the approach to Earth

"All ye that enter here prepare to meet thy God."

Both Russia and China have stated that tactical Nukes "aren't so bad", And made them part of their plans for use in war.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:59 am

Cyberweapons are probably a more realistic threat from the Xi regime than ethnicity-based bioweapons.

By the way, your preacher's quote reminded me of how much I'm looking forward to the new Dune movie, because it's reminiscent of a famous line from the book: "We Fremen have a saying: God created Arrakis to train the faithful. One cannot go against the word of God."
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

Doc

Post by Doc » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:26 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:59 am
Cyberweapons are probably a more realistic threat from the Xi regime than ethnicity-based bioweapons.

By the way, your preacher's quote reminded me of how much I'm looking forward to the new Dune movie, because it's reminiscent of a famous line from the book: "We Fremen have a saying: God created Arrakis to train the faithful. One cannot go against the word of God."
The idea that they would so vocally go after the idea of Bio Weapons less alone Ethnically targeted Bio Weapons is my point. Which is that Using nukes is most definitely on the table.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:22 am

Doc wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:26 am
SteveFoerster wrote:

The idea that they would so vocally go after the idea of Bio Weapons less alone Ethnically targeted Bio Weapons is my point. Which is that Using nukes is most definitely on the table.
I doubt it. There are always multiple U.S. Navy submarines at sea ready to obliterate any country that makes a first strike. If Xi uses either type of WMD, China will be destroyed and Xi will die.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

Doc

Post by Doc » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:18 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:22 am
Doc wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:26 am
SteveFoerster wrote:

I doubt it. There are always multiple U.S. Navy submarines at sea ready to obliterate any country that makes a first strike. If Xi uses either type of WMD, China will be destroyed and Xi will die.
That does not belay the fact that they are talking about using Tactical Nukes and doing research to create "racist" bio weapons. When the CCP virus came out they restricted domestic airline travel but let international airline travel continue when they knew there was human to human transmission and lied about it. That already qualifies as conducting bio-warfare.