“I work for an evil corporation…Our organization is run on COVID money.”

Discussion of current events
User avatar
Doc
Posts: 6118
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

“I work for an evil corporation…Our organization is run on COVID money.”

Post by Doc » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:42 am

https://www.projectveritas.com/news/pfi ... ccination/
Pfizer Scientist: ‘Your Antibodies are Probably Better than the Vaccination’

Nick Karl, Pfizer Scientist: “When somebody is naturally immune -- like they got COVID -- they probably have more antibodies against the virus…When you actually get the virus, you’re going to start producing antibodies against multiple pieces of the virus…So, your antibodies are probably better at that point than the [COVID] vaccination.”

Chris Croce, Pfizer Senior Associate Scientist: “You’re protected for longer” if you have natural COVID antibodies compared to the COVID vaccine.

Croce: “I work for an evil corporation…Our organization is run on COVID money.”

Rahul Khandke, Pfizer Scientist: “If you have [COVID] antibodies built up, you should be able to prove that you have those built up.”

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 2356
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Probably DCA, YYJ, or DOM
Contact:

Re: “I work for an evil corporation…Our organization is run on COVID money.”

Post by SteveFoerster » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:25 am

I was careful last year and didn't get COVID, and I got vaccinated early this year and am glad I did. If the recommendation to get a booster includes me, I'll be first in line to get one.

That said, however, I do think it's a legitimate question why one needs to be vaccinated if one has already had the disease, because that suggests there's something about COVID that's different from basically every other virus. For example, if one has measles, the recommendation is not to get the measles vaccine. What's the difference here? And, more importantly, why do people who ask that question get shouted down by the "TRUST THE SCIENCE!" crowd?

I guess I just get a little nervous once something becomes a target in the endless pissing contest between progressives and conservatives, because once people pick sides based on political tribalism, trying to have a logical discussion about that thing becomes harder than swimming through peanut butter. And the public health response to the pandemic is the stickiest one of those things now.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 6118
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: “I work for an evil corporation…Our organization is run on COVID money.”

Post by Doc » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:47 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:25 am
I was careful last year and didn't get COVID, and I got vaccinated early this year and am glad I did. If the recommendation to get a booster includes me, I'll be first in line to get one.

That said, however, I do think it's a legitimate question why one needs to be vaccinated if one has already had the disease, because that suggests there's something about COVID that's different from basically every other virus. For example, if one has measles, the recommendation is not to get the measles vaccine. What's the difference here? And, more importantly, why do people who ask that question get shouted down by the "TRUST THE SCIENCE!" crowd?

I guess I just get a little nervous once something becomes a target in the endless pissing contest between progressives and conservatives, because once people pick sides based on political tribalism, trying to have a logical discussion about that thing becomes harder than swimming through peanut butter. And the public health response to the pandemic is the stickiest one of those things now.
I had the vaccine and developed blood clot. I won't be getting the booster. But I would emphasize it is a decision to be made between someone and thier doctor Not based on what someone on the internet said NOR what some bureaucrat or politician that they have never met said or required
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 5225
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: “I work for an evil corporation…Our organization is run on COVID money.”

Post by cassowary » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:48 pm

Doc wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:47 am
SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:25 am
I was careful last year and didn't get COVID, and I got vaccinated early this year and am glad I did. If the recommendation to get a booster includes me, I'll be first in line to get one.

That said, however, I do think it's a legitimate question why one needs to be vaccinated if one has already had the disease, because that suggests there's something about COVID that's different from basically every other virus. For example, if one has measles, the recommendation is not to get the measles vaccine. What's the difference here? And, more importantly, why do people who ask that question get shouted down by the "TRUST THE SCIENCE!" crowd?

I guess I just get a little nervous once something becomes a target in the endless pissing contest between progressives and conservatives, because once people pick sides based on political tribalism, trying to have a logical discussion about that thing becomes harder than swimming through peanut butter. And the public health response to the pandemic is the stickiest one of those things now.
I had the vaccine and developed blood clot. I won't be getting the booster. But I would emphasize it is a decision to be made between someone and thier doctor Not based on what someone on the internet said NOR what some bureaucrat or politician that they have never met said or required
Yes. It should be between you and your doctor. That’s bespoke medicine. The advice from the bureaucrats is like going to a department store and buying a ready made shirt. It may not fit well.

Checking with your doctor is like going to the tailor.
The Imp :D

neverfail
Posts: 7418
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: “I work for an evil corporation…Our organization is run on COVID money.”

Post by neverfail » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:44 pm

Before I had my first shot I consulted with no less than four different doctors: my heart surgeon; my haemotoligist and two different GP's. They all said the same thing: "get vacinated" How could I argue against that?

p.s. I hope my readers are aware that the opening quote to this discussion provided by Doc eminates from an extreme right wing website: I believe not famous for its integrity. ;)

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 6118
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: “I work for an evil corporation…Our organization is run on COVID money.”

Post by Doc » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:47 pm

neverfail wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:44 pm
Before I had my first shot I consulted with no less than four different doctors: my heart surgeon; my haemotoligist and two different GP's. They all said the same thing: "get vacinated" How could I argue against that?

p.s. I hope my readers are aware that the opening quote to this discussion provided by Doc eminates from an extreme right wing website: I believe not famous for its integrity. ;)
Veritas is extremely right as in correct more often than not. They get insiders to talk about things inside their organizations and covertly video them. The same format that has been used since CBS's 60 minutes started back in the 1970's
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 6118
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: “I work for an evil corporation…Our organization is run on COVID money.”

Post by Doc » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:53 pm

Doc wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:47 pm
neverfail wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:44 pm
Before I had my first shot I consulted with no less than four different doctors: my heart surgeon; my haemotoligist and two different GP's. They all said the same thing: "get vacinated" How could I argue against that?

p.s. I hope my readers are aware that the opening quote to this discussion provided by Doc eminates from an extreme right wing website: I believe not famous for its integrity. ;)
Veritas is extremely right as in correct more often than not. They get insiders to talk about things inside their organizations and covertly video them. The same format that has been used since CBS's 60 minutes started back in the 1970's
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

User avatar
SteveFoerster
Posts: 2356
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Probably DCA, YYJ, or DOM
Contact:

Re: “I work for an evil corporation…Our organization is run on COVID money.”

Post by SteveFoerster » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:59 pm

Doc wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:47 pm
Veritas is extremely right as in correct more often than not.
Not really: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/project-veritas/
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 6118
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: “I work for an evil corporation…Our organization is run on COVID money.”

Post by Doc » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:40 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:59 pm
Doc wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:47 pm
Veritas is extremely right as in correct more often than not.
Not really: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/project-veritas/
Fake fact checking site crutch. Have you actually watched many of the Veritas videos and personally judged for yourself?


Otherwise:

https://www.justfactsdaily.com/media-bi ... -dishonest
Media Bias Fact Check: Incompetent or Dishonest?
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 5709
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: “I work for an evil corporation…Our organization is run on COVID money.”

Post by Sertorio » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:01 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:25 am

I guess I just get a little nervous once something becomes a target in the endless pissing contest between progressives and conservatives, because once people pick sides based on political tribalism, trying to have a logical discussion about that thing becomes harder than swimming through peanut butter.
And that is equally true when the discussion is about the good and the evil of China, Russia or the US...I guess I am in that context as guilty as anybody else...

Post Reply