Did Benneict Annold Commit Treason?

Discussion of current events
Doc

Did Benneict Annold Commit Treason?

Post by Doc » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:01 pm

Milley Pelosi and everyone that swore allegiance to Milley in the Pentagon War room must be removed from their positions and charged with Treason.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAOs0rW
Alexander Vindman, Marco Rubio Call on Gen. Milley to Resign Over Alleged China Calls
Aila Slisco 1 hr ago
|
Why were four from St. Paul and Stillwater killed and left in a Wisconsin…
Abortion providers warn Supreme Court against upholding Mississippi law

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and retired Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman have called on Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Mark Milley to lose his job over alleged secret calls to China amid concerns about former President Donald Trump.
Mark A. Milley wearing a uniform: Retired Army Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman and Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) have called on Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Mark Milley to resign or be fired over phone calls he reportedly made to his Chinese counterpart. Milley is pictured during a press conference at the Pentagon in Washington, D.C. on September 1, 2021. © SAUL LOEB/AFP/Getty Retired Army Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman and Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) have called on Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Mark Milley to resign or be fired over phone calls he reportedly made to his Chinese counterpart. Milley is pictured during a press conference at the Pentagon in Washington, D.C. on September 1, 2021.

Peril, an upcoming book by Bob Woodward and Robert Costa, alleges that Milley made two calls to his Chinese counterpart Gen. Li Zuocheng—one days before the 2020 election and the other days after the January 6 insurrection at the Capitol—over fears that Trump's actions could start a war, according to The Washington Post.

Rubio sent a letter to President Joe Biden on Tuesday demanding that he fire Milley "immediately" for working to "actively undermine" Trump.

"[Milley] worked to actively undermine the sitting Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces and contemplated a treasonous leak of classified information to the Chinese Communist Party in advance of a potential armed conflict with the People's Republic of China (PRC)," wrote Rubio. "These actions by General Milley demonstrate a clear lack of sound judgement, and I urge you to dismiss him immediately."

"General Milley has attempted to rationalize his reckless behavior by arguing that what he perceived as the military's judgement was more stable than its civilian commander," he continued. "You must immediately dismiss General Milley. America's national security and ability to lead in the world are at stake."

Vindman, a key witness in Trump's first impeachment who the former president later called "very insubordinate," said in a tweet that Milley should resign if the alleged phone calls took place. Vindman argued that the alleged phone calls "set an extremely dangerous precedent" that "you can't simply walk away from."

"If this is true GEN Milley must resign," tweeted Vindman. "He usurped civilian authority, broke Chain of Command, and violated the sacrosanct principle of civilian control over the military."

If this is true GEN Milley must resign. He usurped civilian authority, broke Chain of Command, and violated the sacrosanct principle of civilian control over the military. It’s an extremely dangerous precedent. You can’t simply walk away from that. #dotherightthingintherightway https://t.co/izsMMCFPrz
— Alexander S. Vindman (@AVindman) September 14, 2021

Peril reportedly alleges that on October 30, 2020, Milley called Li after becoming concerned by intelligence reports the indicated China believed that the U.S. was preparing a military strike. The general reportedly assured his Chinese counterpart that no such attack was planned and that if one were on the way it was "not going to be a surprise" because he would call "ahead of time."

The second alleged call reportedly took place on January 8, 2021, shortly after Milley had received a call Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who argued that the Capitol insurrection was evidence that Trump was "crazy." Milley reportedly feared that the former president would launch a nuclear strike and told Pelosi that he agreed with her before calling Li to say that the U.S. was "100 percent steady" and that the situation was "fine."

Trump told Newsmax on Tuesday that Milley's reported promise to warn of an impending attack was "treasonous," while insisting that he "did not ever think of attacking China." Milley, who previously served as chief of staff for the Army, became the Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman in 2019, having been nominated to the position by Trump during the previous year.

Newsweek reached out to the White House and the office of the Chairman of Joints Chiefs of Staff for comment.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Doc

Re: Did Bennedict Annold Commit Treason?

Post by Doc » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:58 pm

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... 41897.html#!
Speaker Pelosi Declares a Coup Against President Trump

Nancy Pelosi transparently announced a coup against President Trump on Thursday morning, Dec. 5, 2019, a date which will live in political infamy.

There was never any doubt that the House of Representatives will vote on a strictly partisan basis to impeach the president, but it could not have been foreseen that Pelosi would frame that approaching act as a naked power grab.

Yet that is exactly what she did.

In opening her announcement to draft impeachment charges by quoting the Declaration of Independence, she acknowledged more plainly than ever before that she is taking a revolutionary act, that she is overthrowing the established order and that, in modern terms, she has launched a coup.

Consider the words she quoted:

"When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bonds which have connected them with another ..."
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

SteveFoerster

Re: Did Benneict Annold Commit Treason?

Post by SteveFoerster » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:20 pm

So, two totally separate things here.

Second one first: no, impeaching a president was not a "coup" in 2019, any more than it was in 1998. It's the prerogative of the House of Representatives to impeach the president.

As for Milley... "General Li, you and I have known each other for five years. If we're going to attack, I'm going to call you ahead of time. It's not going to be a surprise." If he really made that call... wow.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:00 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:20 pm
So, two totally separate things here.

Second one first: no, impeaching a president was not a "coup" in 2019, any more than it was in 1998. It's the prerogative of the House of Representatives to impeach the president.
I just put the above from 2019 to show Pelosi's long history of insurrection .

Here is a excerpt from her letter of Jan 8th 2021

https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/1821-0
Preventing an Unhinged President From Using the Nuclear Codes: This morning, I spoke to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley to discuss available precautions for preventing an unstable president from initiating military hostilities or accessing the launch codes and ordering a nuclear strike. The situation of this unhinged President could not be more dangerous, and we must do everything that we can to protect the American people from his unbalanced assault on our country and our democracy.
As for Milley... "General Li, you and I have known each other for five years. If we're going to attack, I'm going to call you ahead of time. It's not going to be a surprise." If he really made that call... wow.
If he really demanded the people manning the pentagon war room to swear allegiance to him personally...

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:21 am

Doc wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:00 am
But it doesn't do that, because impeachment is not insurrection.
Doc wrote:

Preventing an Unhinged President From Using the Nuclear Codes: This morning, I spoke to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley to discuss available precautions for preventing an unstable president from initiating military hostilities or accessing the launch codes and ordering a nuclear strike. The situation of this unhinged President could not be more dangerous, and we must do everything that we can to protect the American people from his unbalanced assault on our country and our democracy.
If he really demanded the people manning the pentagon war room to swear allegiance to him personally...
So, what do you think that top-level military and civilian officials should do if the president doesn't have all his marbles? The chain of command is not a suicide pact, and the 25th amendment process takes time.

Milo

Post by Milo » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:48 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:21 am
Doc wrote:
Doc wrote:

So, what do you think that top-level military and civilian officials should do if the president doesn't have all his marbles? The chain of command is not a suicide pact, and the 25th amendment process takes time.
Proving this one way or the other shouldn't be hard, surely those sort of calls are recorded.

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:18 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:21 am
Doc wrote:
Doc wrote:

Are you saying that the Democrats did not do everything they could to remove Trump from office ever since he was elected?

Isn't that what elections are for?

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021/09 ... mp-n442936
Pelosi pushed back.

“What I’m saying to you is that if they couldn’t even stop him from an assault on the Capitol, who even knows what else he may do? And is there anybody in charge at the White House who was doing anything but kissing his fat butt all over this?”

Pelosi continued, “You know he’s crazy. He’s been crazy for a long time.”

According to Woodward and Costa, Milley responded, “Madam Speaker, I agree with you on everything.”

After the call, Milley decided he had to act. He told his top service chiefs to watch everything “all the time.” He called the director of the National Security Agency, Paul Nakasone, and told him, “Needles up … keep watching, scan.” And he told then-CIA Director Gina Haspel, “Aggressively watch everything, 360.”

Just a reminder. The FBI concluded that the capital hill riot was not pre-planned.

Also Pelosi called Milley and was actively calling for the removal of Trump for years. Behavior is everything here. She was just looking for any excuse she could find. Legal or not. She needs to be removed from her office as speaker. If she was aware of Milley's call to the Chinese she needs to be removed from congress and charged with treason. .

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:44 am

Doc wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:18 am
Are you saying that the Democrats did not do everything they could to remove Trump from office ever since he was elected?

It's not a papal conclave. Elections to install a president are one constitutional mechanism. Impeachments to remove a president are another constitutional mechanism.
Pelosi pushed back.

“What I’m saying to you is that if they couldn’t even stop him from an assault on the Capitol, who even knows what else he may do? And is there anybody in charge at the White House who was doing anything but kissing his fat butt all over this?”

According to Woodward and Costa, Milley responded, “Madam Speaker, I agree with you on everything.”

After the call, Milley decided he had to act. He told his top service chiefs to watch everything “all the time.” He called the director of the National Security Agency, Paul Nakasone, and told him, “Needles up … keep watching, scan.” And he told then-CIA Director Gina Haspel, “Aggressively watch everything, 360.”
There's nothing in that particular passage that's inappropriate, much less treasonous. It indicated vigilance, not action.
Doc wrote:
Just a reminder. The FBI concluded that the capital hill riot was not pre-planned.
Perhaps not. But that doesn't mean it wasn't encouraged by Trump and exploited by him when it happened.
Doc wrote:
Also Pelosi called Milley and was actively calling for the removal of Trump for years. Behavior is everything here. She was just looking for any excuse she could find. Legal or not. She needs to be removed from her office as speaker. If she was aware of Milley's call to the Chinese she needs to be removed from congress and charged with treason. .
While I certainly agree she was an implacable political enemy of Trump, that doesn't mean she wasn't wrong to be afraid of what he might do when seeing the reins of power slipping from his grasp.

However... calling the Chinese military? Especially to promise that a first strike wouldn't be a surprise? That's where they lose me. It will be interesting to see whether there's clear proof that actually happened.

Doc

Re: Did Bennedict Annold Commit Treason?

Post by Doc » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:59 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Doc wrote:

It's not a papal conclave. Elections to install a president are one constitutional mechanism. Impeachments to remove a president are another constitutional mechanism.
And when that impeachment process is abused simply to over turn a duly held election? And why did she call Milley? The Chairman of the joint chiefs of staff in not in the command structure for the launch of Nukes. He tried to insert himself into the process with Pelosi's encouragement. Milley demanded that the staff of the Pentagon War room pledge allegiance to him. There is a reason that orders to launch do not go through the JOint chiefs of staff. IT is because from time of warning of an impending nuclear attack by another nation there is 20 minutes to decide, give the order and to launch a counter attack. Its called "mutual assured destruction" There simply is not the time to send the order down a chain of command through someone like MIlley. What Milley has in effect purportedly done is raise question about whether there would be a retaliatory strike.

Milley informed the TOP general of a party that talks openly about nuking two US air craft carriers That intentionally attacked the US and the rest of the world when it sent 100s of thousands of its citizens knowingly that many of them would be infected with a deadly, highly transmittable, disease.

Was Milley informed of this?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/14/politics ... index.html
Woodward/Costa book: Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took secret action to protect nuclear weapons
Pelosi pushed back.

There's nothing in that particular passage that's inappropriate, much less treasonous. It indicated vigilance, not action.[/quote]

Again Milley is not part of the chain of command to launch. He inserted himself into it where he has no legal basis to do so. There is also the non removal of troops from Syria. Which has happened similarly in the past:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_R._ ... of_Defense
The unreported, but important, main reason behind Schlesinger's dismissal, though, was his insubordination toward President Ford. During the Mayaguez incident, Ford ordered several retaliatory strikes against Cambodia. Schlesinger told Ford the first strike was carried out, but Ford later learned that Schlesinger, who disagreed with the order, had none of them carried out. According to Bob Woodward's 1999 book, Shadow, Ford let the incident go, but when Schlesinger committed further insubordination on other matters, Ford finally fired him. Woodward observes, "The United States had just lost a war for the first time. . . . That the president and the secretary of defense could not agree on who was in charge was appalling.. . . [This] unpublicized breakdown in the military chain of command was ... perhaps the most significant scandal of the Ford presidency." Schlesinger had also disobeyed Ford when told to send as many military aircraft as possible to evacuate South Vietnam. Schlesinger disagreed with doing so and didn't send the aircraft. Woodward says that an elected president, which Ford was not, would never have tolerated the insubordination.
Doc wrote:
Perhaps not. But that doesn't mean it wasn't encouraged by Trump and exploited by him when it happened.
Doc wrote:
While I certainly agree she was an implacable political enemy of Trump, that doesn't mean she wasn't wrong to be afraid of what he might do when seeing the reins of power slipping from his grasp.

[quite]However... calling the Chinese military? Especially to promise that a first strike wouldn't be a surprise? That's where they lose me. It will be interesting to see whether there's clear proof that actually happened.
[/quote]

I have not seen Milley issue a statement that it is false. If it is he better make one within the next few hours.

Though apparently the Five eyes picked up the conversation as well.

Maybe Woodard and Costa didn't get this from Milley but some deep throat in the intel establishment. Perhaps revenge for Kabul ...

Which begs the question If Milley committed Treason in calling the top CCP General what was it he did in Kabul?

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:37 am

By now I suppose Putin and Xi are preparing some contingency plans for a first strike on the US...Just in case the madness spreads throughout DC... :lol: