Rebuilding Syria

Discussion of current events
Sertorio

Rebuilding Syria

Post by Sertorio » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:50 am

The Maronite Cathedral of Aleppo Damaged by the War

The Rebuilt Maronite Cathedral of Aleppo

In the country led by the brutal murderous Alawite Syrian leader, Bashar al-Assad, a Maronite Cathedral could be rebuilt. Where else in the ME would that happen?...

https://www.acnireland.org/journal/2021 ... -cathedral

dagbay

Re: Rebuilding Syria

Post by dagbay » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:38 am

Dear Sertorio, don't rush your euros for Syria's rebuild. There are still at least 4 years of war to look forward to. Nine of the warring parties has given up yet.
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:33 pm

dagbay wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:38 am
Dear Sertorio, don't rush your euros for Syria's rebuild. There are still at least 4 years of war to look forward to. Nine of the warring parties has given up yet.
I agree with you that the war in not over yet. Yet Sertorio still makes a valid point.

Apart from in Lebanon or Israel, is there another country in the entire Middle East where the authorities would grant the permit for a christian church to be rebuilt?

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:36 pm

neverfail wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:33 pm
dagbay wrote:
I agree with you that the war in not over yet. Yet Sertorio still makes a valid point.

Apart from in Lebanon or Israel, is there another country in the entire Middle East where the authorities would grant the permit for a christian church to be rebuilt?
Anywhere in North Africa from Morocco to Egypt, Jordan, and Turkey, for starters.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac

dagbay

Post by dagbay » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:03 pm

SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:36 pm
neverfail wrote:
dagbay wrote:

Anywhere in North Africa from Morocco to Egypt, Jordan, and Turkey, for starters.
Not so sure of that Steve. I grant you that the local governments in those countries might authorize the construction of one but knowing that there will not be Christmas to attend it will be soon thereafter be converted into a Mosque which seem to be the game plan in Europe.
Just lookup how many Christmas are left in the countries you mentioned and how quickly the are fleeing.
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

Milo

Post by Milo » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:13 pm

The Syrian dictatorship are considered infidels by most Muslims, so they have long cultivated the Christian minority, not out of charity, but of necessity. I would be surprised if they DIDN’T do this.

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:01 pm

dagbay wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:03 pm
SteveFoerster wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:36 pm
neverfail wrote:
dagbay wrote:

Not so sure of that Steve. I grant you that the local governments in those countries might authorize the construction of one but knowing that there will not be Christmas to attend it will be soon thereafter be converted into a Mosque which seem to be the game plan in Europe.
Just lookup how many Christmas are left in the countries you mentioned and how quickly the are fleeing.
Hey, neverfail set the goalposts.
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: https://newworld.ac