The PRC will need to dig very deep to replace the Western aid no longer forthcoming.

Discussion of current events
Doc

Re: The PRC will need to dig very deep to replace the Western aid no longer forthcoming.

Post by Doc » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:48 pm

neverfail wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:47 pm
Doc wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:25 am
Education and training are for "tomorrow" Food security is for today.
Exactly! The crumbling of the Afghan economy has begun already. Anyone can see that an immense humanitarian crisis is about to unfold.

Can or will the Taliban's newly acquired foreign allies lend a helping hand? Don't count on it!
When the US took out the Taliban Seems like there were billions($19 billion comes to mind but I am not sure) not millions in aid promised. Not sure how many of those promises were kept.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Milo

Re: The PRC will need to dig very deep to replace the Western aid no longer forthcoming.

Post by Milo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:05 pm

Given the CCP’s history, I am sure the CCP will send not one dime to Afghanistan that does not immediately benefit them, and they will not care in the slightest how many people die or are disadvantaged.

Given the history of Islam, ditto any muslim country.

However, they, and Russia, might do some pro bono murder and terrorism, again, when it suits them.