The coming breakup of South Africa

Discussion of current events
User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 5294
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: The coming breakup of South Africa

Post by cassowary » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:47 pm

neverfail wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:54 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:26 am
neverfail wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:58 pm
You need only compare how much better Poland has done since the fall of Communism compared to Russia to realise that their must be something at work in the difference.
You must be joking... :shock:
:o ...and you must be in a state of denial!
Yes. Sertorio believes in his Marxist worldview with great faith. Facts cannot shake his convictions.
The Imp :D

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 5893
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: The coming breakup of South Africa

Post by Sertorio » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:06 am

neverfail wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:54 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:26 am
neverfail wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:58 pm
You need only compare how much better Poland has done since the fall of Communism compared to Russia to realise that their must be something at work in the difference.
You must be joking... :shock:
:o ...and you must be in a state of denial!
Some statistics on Russia and Poland, for your information. Generally speaking Russia has done a lot better than Poland. Facts, not misconceptions...

https://www.nationmaster.com/country-in ... ia/Economy

neverfail
Posts: 7601
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: The coming breakup of South Africa

Post by neverfail » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:40 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:06 am
neverfail wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:54 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:26 am
neverfail wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:58 pm
You need only compare how much better Poland has done since the fall of Communism compared to Russia to realise that their must be something at work in the difference.
You must be joking... :shock:
:o ...and you must be in a state of denial!
Some statistics on Russia and Poland, for your information. Generally speaking Russia has done a lot better than Poland. Facts, not misconceptions...

https://www.nationmaster.com/country-in ... ia/Economy
Quite apart from the fact that even the figures quoted in that link cast doubt on whether Russians are materially better off than Poles: Poles have the additional benefit of living in a free society where they get to elect their governors in elections that seem both free and fair and where their civil rights are not routinely violated on the whim of their country's top political figure acting outside the law as in Putin's Russia.

In Russia it seems like the Tsar is back on the throne.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 5893
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: The coming breakup of South Africa

Post by Sertorio » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:34 pm

neverfail wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:40 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:06 am
neverfail wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:54 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:26 am
neverfail wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:58 pm
You need only compare how much better Poland has done since the fall of Communism compared to Russia to realise that their must be something at work in the difference.
You must be joking... :shock:
:o ...and you must be in a state of denial!
Some statistics on Russia and Poland, for your information. Generally speaking Russia has done a lot better than Poland. Facts, not misconceptions...

https://www.nationmaster.com/country-in ... ia/Economy
Quite apart from the fact that even the figures quoted in that link cast doubt on whether Russians are materially better off than Poles: Poles have the additional benefit of living in a free society where they get to elect their governors in elections that seem both free and fair and where their civil rights are not routinely violated on the whim of their country's top political figure acting outside the law as in Putin's Russia.

In Russia it seems like the Tsar is back on the throne.
Russians have never been freer before, even if less free than we are. And Putin did it, against the wishes of all western countries, which backed the drunkard Yeltsin who was giving Russia away to the western oligarchs.

neverfail
Posts: 7601
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: The coming breakup of South Africa

Post by neverfail » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:50 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:34 pm
Russians have never been freer before, even if less free than we are.
Your failure to mention the Poles by name in your most recent post suggests to me that you agree with my contention that they are a freer people than the Russians.

If Russians are freer now than they were in Soviet or Tsarist times then may God help them. The slave must hanker for his chains.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 5893
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: The coming breakup of South Africa

Post by Sertorio » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:54 pm

neverfail wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:50 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:34 pm
Russians have never been freer before, even if less free than we are.
Your failure to mention the Poles by name in your most recent post suggests to me that you agree with my contention that they are a freer people than the Russians.

If Russians are freer now than they were in Soviet or Tsarist times then may God help them. The slave must hanker for his chains.
Don't be patronizing. A higher percentage of Russians than Americans are happy with their government ...

neverfail
Posts: 7601
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: The coming breakup of South Africa

Post by neverfail » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:41 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:54 pm
neverfail wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:50 pm

If Russians are freer now than they were in Soviet or Tsarist times then may God help them. The slave must hanker for his chains.
Don't be patronizing. A higher percentage of Russians than Americans are happy with their government ...
:lol: A higher percentage of Russians have no choice Sertorio as they can't change it.

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 5294
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: The coming breakup of South Africa

Post by cassowary » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:54 am

neverfail wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:41 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:54 pm
neverfail wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:50 pm

If Russians are freer now than they were in Soviet or Tsarist times then may God help them. The slave must hanker for his chains.
Don't be patronizing. A higher percentage of Russians than Americans are happy with their government ...
:lol: A higher percentage of Russians have no choice Sertorio as they can't change it.
Sertorio loves dictatorships. He is a dangerous character.
The Imp :D

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 5893
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: The coming breakup of South Africa

Post by Sertorio » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:27 am

neverfail wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:41 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:54 pm
neverfail wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:50 pm

If Russians are freer now than they were in Soviet or Tsarist times then may God help them. The slave must hanker for his chains.
Don't be patronizing. A higher percentage of Russians than Americans are happy with their government ...
:lol: A higher percentage of Russians have no choice Sertorio as they can't change it.
What choice do Americans have? Between a Trump and a Biden? Is that a choice?...

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 5893
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: The coming breakup of South Africa

Post by Sertorio » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:29 am

cassowary wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:54 am
neverfail wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:41 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:54 pm
neverfail wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:50 pm

If Russians are freer now than they were in Soviet or Tsarist times then may God help them. The slave must hanker for his chains.
Don't be patronizing. A higher percentage of Russians than Americans are happy with their government ...
:lol: A higher percentage of Russians have no choice Sertorio as they can't change it.
Sertorio loves dictatorships. He is a dangerous character.
The US is presently less free than Russia. Ask Snowden or Assange or thousands of other people who are the victims of the deep state...

Post Reply