Beijing "honours" Australia.

Discussion of current events
Sertorio

Re: Beijing "honours" Australia.

Post by Sertorio » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:04 am

neverfail wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:28 pm
Neither the PRC nor the Americans want war. The two seem to be jockeying for positions in a mutual standoff.
Wrong. The US wants war because it sees war as the only way to preserve its imperial powers. Unfortunately for them the US no longer can win conventional wars against China or Russia.

Milo

Post by Milo » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:14 am

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:02 am
Milo wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:34 pm
neverfail wrote:
Neither the PRC nor the Americans want war. The two seem to be jockeying for positions in a mutual standoff.
The difference that China has invented a bunch of islands in order to choke off free navigation.
You know that is not true. China is not interfering with freedom of navigation, in accordance with international law. Foreign military vessels going through China's territorial waters is not "freedom of navigation".
Actually it is, under certain circumstances.

Your grasp of international law is both spotty and conveniently implemented.

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:38 am

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:04 am
neverfail wrote:
Wrong. The US wants war because it sees war as the only way to preserve its imperial powers. Unfortunately for them the US no longer can win conventional wars against China or Russia.
Hey Guess what? The CCP is already at war with the rest of the world. It has been at war with the rest of the world since it halted domestic travel because of the CCP virus but encouraged its citizens to travel over seas, while outright lying about human to human transmission.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:00 pm

Doc wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:38 am
Sertorio wrote:
neverfail wrote:
Hey Guess what? The CCP is already at war with the rest of the world. It has been at war with the rest of the world since it halted domestic travel because of the CCP virus but encouraged its citizens to travel over seas, while outright lying about human to human transmission.
Even if that was true - which it isn't - it would be just a distraction with no consequences. The important thing is the US wanting to retain its top power position, and being ready to go to war to keep it, and China and Russia not allowing the US to carry on as of old. It's a fight for the top spot and the US is not going to keep it...

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:25 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:00 pm
Doc wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
neverfail wrote:
Even if that was true - which it isn't -
It is true and well documented

it would be just a distraction with no consequences.

4.138,470 dead is of little consequence?

The important thing is the US wanting to retain its top power position, and being ready to go to war to keep it, and China and Russia not allowing the US to carry on as of old. It's a fight for the top spot and the US is not going to keep it...

Your point is moot The war has already started via biowarfare.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Milo

Post by Milo » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:24 pm

Doc wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:25 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Doc wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
neverfail wrote:

The important thing is the US wanting to retain its top power position, and being ready to go to war to keep it, and China and Russia not allowing the US to carry on as of old. It's a fight for the top spot and the US is not going to keep it...

And cyber warfare.

Doc

Post by Doc » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:53 am

Milo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:24 pm
Doc wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:25 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Doc wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
neverfail wrote:

And cyber warfare.
Yeah that too. While US cyber defense has come a long way since the 90's when a single email with malware took over command and control of the US atlantic Fleet. and the IRS had no idea what computer security was. They have gotten some better.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:57 pm

Doc wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:53 am
Yeah that too. While US cyber defense has come a long way since the 90's when a single email with malware took over command and control of the US atlantic Fleet. and the IRS had no idea what computer security was. They have gotten some better.
Just as well too!

Milo

Post by Milo » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:33 am

neverfail wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:57 pm
Doc wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:53 am
Just as well too!
We all need to get better at computer security and fast. I hear about a law firm getting ransomweared weekly.

I must confess some schadenfreude, as I committed to securing my practice long ago. Still, now we hear that even iOS can be no-click hacked. Good thing the Law Society made cyber insurance mandatory!