Disintegration

Discussion of current events
Sertorio

Disintegration

Post by Sertorio » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:01 am

I am presently reading a book whose title is "Disintegration", by Andrei Martyanov, who was born in the early 1960s in Baku, in the Caucasus, then part of the former Soviet Union, and is considered the foremost military analyst in the Russian sphere – living and working in the United States, writing in English for a global audience.

I could offer you many quotes from this very important book, whose subtitle is "Indicators of the Coming American Collapse", but I decided to offer you only one, which says a lot:
"Now, having lost the arms race and every single war it unleashed in the 21st century, geoeconomics - a euphemism for America's non-stop sanctions and attempts to sabotage the economies of any nation capable of competing with the United States - increasingly becomes not only a tool of choice, but the only tool the United States is using globally to try to arrest its obvious decline. A realistic assessment of the United States economically today provides a definitive forecast as to the ultimate outcome for the American Empire as a whole, and the United States as a hologram or an illusion of a nation-state in particular, which has lost its ability to compete economically with the rest of the world, thus showing a critical lack of talent in developing a clear geoeconomics vision, a term whose very authorship belongs to the United States."

[Disintegration: Indicators of the Coming American Collapse, by Andrei Martyanov, Clarity Press, 2021, ISBN 1949762343, page 44-45]
This is a book all Americans should read, so that they may stop their government doing something really stupid...

beatnik

Re: Disintegration

Post by beatnik » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:27 pm

Sertorio, why do you assume that regular Americans don't support their government's sanctions policy? Or US foreign policy in general?

When I was growing up in the US, I remember friends expressing ill will towards China and Russia years before these countries had done anything to warrant it.

With Russia it was probably a holdover from the Cold War. With China, I honestly don't know although I suspect it had to do with their being Communist.

Might it be possible that American foreign policy really expresses the desires and beliefs of a majority of Americans who actually care enough to have an opinion on foreign policy?

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:20 pm

beatnik wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:27 pm
Sertorio, why do you assume that regular Americans don't support their government's sanctions policy? Or US foreign policy in general?

When I was growing up in the US, I remember friends expressing ill will towards China and Russia years before these countries had done anything to warrant it.

With Russia it was probably a holdover from the Cold War. With China, I honestly don't know although I suspect it had to do with their being Communist.

Might it be possible that American foreign policy really expresses the desires and beliefs of a majority of Americans who actually care enough to have an opinion on foreign policy?
It is indeed possible but only because they have for long been brainwashed. I prefer to think that most Americans are peace loving people who are tired of wars unleashed only for the benefit of the very few. But they are being prepared to accept more wars against those who put American hegemony at risk, even though such hegemony is not necessary for American prosperity or happiness.

Doc

Post by Doc » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:06 am

beatnik wrote:

Most US presidents are more interested in Foreign policy than Domestic policy.

For example Biden is trying very hard to shut down the US oil industry while at the same time giving the go ahead for the Russian pipeline to Germany. The stated off the record reason for giving the go ahead for the Russian pipeline is that it will improve relations with Germany. A Germany First and Make Russia Great Again policy.

If only Biden came of age at the beginning of the last century in Germany or Russia...
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:11 am

Doc wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:06 am
beatnik wrote:

For example Biden is trying very hard to shut down the US oil industry while at the same time giving the go ahead for the Russian pipeline to Germany. The stated off the record reason for giving the go ahead for the Russian pipeline is that it will improve relations with Germany. A Germany First and Make Russia Great Again policy.

If only Biden came of age at the beginning of the last century in Germany or Russia...
Excuse me, but who the hell has given the US the power to give or to refuse the go ahead for the Russian pipeline to Germany? It's none of the US business, it is exclusively a matter to be decided by Europe. Have you all gone crazy in the US?... :o

Doc

Post by Doc » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:51 am

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:11 am
Doc wrote:
beatnik wrote:

Excuse me, but who the hell has given the US the power to give or to refuse the go ahead for the Russian pipeline to Germany? It's none of the US business, it is exclusively a matter to be decided by Europe. Have you all gone crazy in the US?... :o
The US has every right since we have paid for Europe's security for the last 75 years after we bailed it out from the disaster of the second World war. only 20 years after the first. Had it not been for Japan you would be speaking German now.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:11 am

Doc wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:51 am
Sertorio wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:11 am

The US has every right since we have paid for Europe's security for the last 75 years after we bailed it out from the disaster of the second World war. only 20 years after the first. Had it not been for Japan you would be speaking German now.
Europe has had no security problems for the last thirty years and the US hasn't been necessary or even welcome in Europe for at least that long. If you want vassals look for them elsewhere. How we get our oil and gas and from where is strictly our business. And right now getting them at least partially from Russia is quite satisfactory to us. Please go play in somebody else's backyard... :evil:

As to our having risked speaking German, the Soviet Union took care of it in 1945...

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:41 am

Dear Doc,

In addition to what I stated in my previous post, I would like to inform you of the news brought to us today by President Putin:
Incidentally, I would like to tell you in this connection that the laying of the first line of the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline was completed today, two and a half hours ago. The work on its second line continues.

In fact, the line pipe, including the offshore section, has been laid. The pipe in Germany is in place. Now parts of the pipe must be lifted and welded on the Russian side. That is all. Anyway, pipe laying is over.

The readiness of the Russian line of the gas route to the Slavyanskaya compressor station was also ensured this week. Why am I talking about this? Because this station is one of the most powerful compressor facilities in the world and is a point of departure for the new gas pipeline. Slavyanskaya has been supplied with gas.

To sum up, Gazprom is ready to fill Nord Stream 2 with gas. This route will create direct links between the Russian and German systems and will ensure energy security and reliable gas supplies for the Europeans, like Nord Stream 1. I must add that this project is profitable economically and fully conforms to the most stringent environmental and technical requirements.

https://thesaker.is/vladimir-putin-at-t ... mic-forum/
All that without American permission, mind you... :D

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:10 pm

Doc wrote:

I have long made the same observation myself Doc.

I had often wondered why. Having since become better acquainted with the inner workings of government in the USA (a little better - it is quite a complex animal and hard to understand) I have drawn the following conclusion:

US presidents are inclined to focus more on foreign policy than on domestic policy because they are allowed a freer hand in it and are therefore better able to make their mark by focusing on this policy area.

When a US administration enters the arena of domestic policy it always runs the risk of arousing forces ranged against it. This included the matter of states' rights; the Houses of Congress; your Supreme Court (often stacked by the preceeding administration :) ); the mass media and of course the wealthy and powerful corporate interests that are always prone to manipulate these others powers in the land against the executive wing of government. A real minefield!

(I do not wish to make fracking the diversionary topic of this discussion: but I was appalled back in the obama years when Obama made the quixotic, symbolic move to ban fracking on federally owned land: while leaving the frackers to enjoy a free run of private land along with land owned by state governments. It was not the actual ban that appalled me but the fact that Obama was only able to impose it on federally owned land. Obviously, considering the amount of federally owned land compared with the amount of landed property under private and state ownership the fracking ban would have been meaningless unless it had constrained fracking on these too. There must have been some law, possibly a constitutional one, that stayed Obama's hand.)

Now, multiply that by all of the other policy areas that US Federal administrations could potentially move into and you will get some idea of how much the US misses out on in the realm of improved government.

It would mean that US presidents, ever since the time of George Washington, often very likely might have come up with bright policy ideas which, had these ever been implemented would have been of benefit to the entire country: but of course these ideas, even if debated, never saw the light of day as law.

By contrast in foreign affairs matters the hands of any incumbent administration seems to be far more unconstrained. Indeed, my oft repeated complaint has been that your system of government does not hold incumbent US presidents sufficiently to account in this policy area.

In summary: US administrations are too constrained in domestic policy initiaves while conversely being too unrestrained in foreign policy moves. A very lopsided set of powers that I imagine would invite unbalanced, dysfunctional government.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:39 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:01 am
I am presently reading a book whose title is "Disintegration", by Andrei Martyanov, who was born in the early 1960s in Baku, in the Caucasus, then part of the former Soviet Union, and is considered the foremost military analyst in the Russian sphere – living and working in the United States, writing in English for a global audience.

I could offer you many quotes from this very important book, whose subtitle is "Indicators of the Coming American Collapse", but I decided to offer you only one, which says a lot:
"Now, having lost the arms race and every single war it unleashed in the 21st century, geoeconomics - a euphemism for America's non-stop sanctions and attempts to sabotage the economies of any nation capable of competing with the United States - increasingly becomes not only a tool of choice, but the only tool the United States is using globally to try to arrest its obvious decline. A realistic assessment of the United States economically today provides a definitive forecast as to the ultimate outcome for the American Empire as a whole, and the United States as a hologram or an illusion of a nation-state in particular, which has lost its ability to compete economically with the rest of the world, thus showing a critical lack of talent in developing a clear geoeconomics vision, a term whose very authorship belongs to the United States."

[Disintegration: Indicators of the Coming American Collapse, by Andrei Martyanov, Clarity Press, 2021, ISBN 1949762343, page 44-45]
This is a book all Americans should read, so that they may stop their government doing something really stupid...
Sertorio, the unrepentant communist is still sore the USSR lost the Cold War. He is steeped in the Marxist faith that capitalism will eventually collapse. So he thinks the US will collapse. If it does, it is because it has gone too far to the left.
The Imp :D