FBI spied on Giuliani, Trump iCloud chats during impeachment hearings, says lawyer

Discussion of current events
Doc

FBI spied on Giuliani, Trump iCloud chats during impeachment hearings, says lawyer

Post by Doc » Mon May 03, 2021 9:04 pm

Defund the FBI

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ing-impea/

By Rowan Scarborough - The Washington Times - Saturday, May 1, 2021

Rudolph W. Giuliani says that the FBI secretly spied on his Apple iCloud account beginning in late 2019 when he was having regular messaging conversations with his client, President Trump, during House impeachment proceedings.

Mr. Giuliani said the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Manhattan on Thursday informed his attorney, Robert Costello, that covert wiretapping took place.

“He asked [the prosecutor] to repeat it because he couldn’t believe it was true,” Mr. Giuliani said this week on the “Rita Cosby Show” on WABC radio in New York. “To me they just trashed the president of the United States.”

Mr. Giuliani, once the mob-fighting top prosecutor in New York and then the city’s mayor, said an assistant U.S. attorney made the disclosure because the operation will have to be detailed in court. The penetration happened under the Trump administration and then-Attorney General William P. Barr and was carried out by the U.S. Southern District of New York. It prosecuted former Trump attorney Michael Cohen on tax charges.

The FBI raided Mr. Giuliani’s New York apartment and law office on Wednesday morning, grabbing seven to nine electronic communication and storage devices. The search warrant said he is suspected of violating the U.S. Foreign Agents Registration Act by allegedly representing a Ukrainian official in dealings with the U.S. government and not filing as an agent. Mr. Giuliani said he never acted as an agent with any of his Ukrainian contacts as he investigated the Biden family.

In late 2019, Mr. Giuliani said he was defending the president against the “phony impeachment” claim that Democrats lodged about Mr. Trump’s phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. Mr. Trump urged an investigation into now-President Biden and son Hunter, who gained a lucrative board seat on a company owned by a Ukrainian oligarch.

“Meanwhile, the Justice Department, while I’m defending him on that with others, invaded my iCloud,” Mr. Giuliani said.

“I can’t fathom that would be done to an ordinary citizen,” he said. “The president doesn’t have any more rights than anybody else, but he doesn’t have any less. To me, they just trashed the president of the United States like he has no constitutional rights.”

Mr. Giuliani said he conducted many conversations with the president that presumably could be retrieved off of iCloud — a backup cyber storage system for emails, texts, documents, photos — just about anything contained on personal devices such as cellphones and computers.

“Unless these people have no ethics or any sense of what it means to be a lawyer, what you do when you do that, people who listen to this now say how can I trust talking to my lawyer,” he said. “The government may come in and start listening to it or might try to see text of memoranda.”

Mr. Giuliani said that after he learned of the iCloud penetration, he notified two Trump attorneys.

“I let them know his rights once again have been trashed by what now has to be described as the department of injustice,” Mr. Giuliani said. “If they can do this to us they can do this to anyone they want to do it to.”

Said host Ms. Cosby, “The iCloud stuff is stunning. It is so stunning.”

Mr. Giuliani is no longer the former president’s attorney. Besides his Ukraine investigation, in court he led the president’s “Stop the Steal” campaign that alleged Mr. Trump actually defeated candidate Joseph R. Biden.

None of Mr. Giuliani’s key allegations of election fraud have been proven to date.

Mr. Trump underwent a long investigation by the FBI and special counsel Robert Mueller in the Russia-Trump election probe. Mr. Mueller reported in March 2019 that he did not find a conspiracy to interfere in the 2016 election.

Mr. Trump also had to deal with a number of felony claims in a Democratic Party-funded dossier sourced to the Kremlin. The FBI, intelligence community and congressional investigators determined the dossier was filled with inaccuracies and Russian disinformation.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Milo

Re: FBI spied on Giuliani, Trump iCloud chats during impeachment hearings, says lawyer

Post by Milo » Tue May 04, 2021 9:29 am

Doc wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:04 pm
Defund the FBI

Rudolph W. Giuliani says that the FBI secretly spied on his Apple iCloud account beginning in late 2019 when he was having regular messaging conversations with his client, President Trump, during House impeachment proceedings.

Mr. Giuliani said the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Manhattan on Thursday informed his attorney, Robert Costello, that covert wiretapping took place.

“He asked [the prosecutor] to repeat it because he couldn’t believe it was true,” Mr. Giuliani said this week on the “Rita Cosby Show” on WABC radio in New York. “To me they just trashed the president of the United States.”

Mr. Giuliani, once the mob-fighting top prosecutor in New York and then the city’s mayor, said an assistant U.S. attorney made the disclosure because the operation will have to be detailed in court. The penetration happened under the Trump administration and then-Attorney General William P. Barr and was carried out by the U.S. Southern District of New York. It prosecuted former Trump attorney Michael Cohen on tax charges.

The FBI raided Mr. Giuliani’s New York apartment and law office on Wednesday morning, grabbing seven to nine electronic communication and storage devices. The search warrant said he is suspected of violating the U.S. Foreign Agents Registration Act by allegedly representing a Ukrainian official in dealings with the U.S. government and not filing as an agent. Mr. Giuliani said he never acted as an agent with any of his Ukrainian contacts as he investigated the Biden family.

In late 2019, Mr. Giuliani said he was defending the president against the “phony impeachment” claim that Democrats lodged about Mr. Trump’s phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. Mr. Trump urged an investigation into now-President Biden and son Hunter, who gained a lucrative board seat on a company owned by a Ukrainian oligarch.

“Meanwhile, the Justice Department, while I’m defending him on that with others, invaded my iCloud,” Mr. Giuliani said.

“I can’t fathom that would be done to an ordinary citizen,” he said. “The president doesn’t have any more rights than anybody else, but he doesn’t have any less. To me, they just trashed the president of the United States like he has no constitutional rights.”

Mr. Giuliani said he conducted many conversations with the president that presumably could be retrieved off of iCloud — a backup cyber storage system for emails, texts, documents, photos — just about anything contained on personal devices such as cellphones and computers.

“Unless these people have no ethics or any sense of what it means to be a lawyer, what you do when you do that, people who listen to this now say how can I trust talking to my lawyer,” he said. “The government may come in and start listening to it or might try to see text of memoranda.”

Mr. Giuliani said that after he learned of the iCloud penetration, he notified two Trump attorneys.

“I let them know his rights once again have been trashed by what now has to be described as the department of injustice,” Mr. Giuliani said. “If they can do this to us they can do this to anyone they want to do it to.”

Mr. Giuliani is no longer the former president’s attorney. Besides his Ukraine investigation, in court he led the president’s “Stop the Steal” campaign that alleged Mr. Trump actually defeated candidate Joseph R. Biden.

None of Mr. Giuliani’s key allegations of election fraud have been proven to date.

Mr. Trump underwent a long investigation by the FBI and special counsel Robert Mueller in the Russia-Trump election probe. Mr. Mueller reported in March 2019 that he did not find a conspiracy to interfere in the 2016 election.

Mr. Trump also had to deal with a number of felony claims in a Democratic Party-funded dossier sourced to the Kremlin. The FBI, intelligence community and congressional investigators determined the dossier was filled with inaccuracies and Russian disinformation.
Well, there’s no such thing as an "iCloud chat".

Doc

Re: FBI spied on Giuliani, Trump iCloud chats during impeachment hearings, says lawyer

Post by Doc » Tue May 04, 2021 1:01 pm

Milo wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:29 am
Doc wrote:
Defund the FBI

The Chats in question were archived in iCloud.

Do you believe in attorney client privilege or not?
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Milo

Post by Milo » Tue May 04, 2021 1:53 pm

Doc wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 1:01 pm
Milo wrote:
Doc wrote:
Defund the FBI

You can't read any Apple MESSAGES (not chats) on iCloud. You never could. So he's lying, again.

A Court may issue a Writ that makes an exception to any law, including attorney client privilege.

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue May 04, 2021 2:21 pm

Milo wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 1:53 pm
Doc wrote:
Milo wrote:
Doc wrote:
Defund the FBI

You can't read any Apple MESSAGES (not chats) on iCloud. You never could. So he's lying, again.

A Court may issue a Writ that makes an exception to any law, including attorney client privilege.
An Obama appointed judge issues a subpoena which includes information that is client attorney privilege of the opposition party to Obama. You can save your chats to the icloud. Archives can be read with a subpoena. *IMPLYING* that the text of such information can not be saved to the iCloud is a diversion.

Now what happens when the MSM FALSELY CLAIMS that "Giuliani WAS WARNED THE THE RUSSIANS WERE TRYING TO INFLUENCE HIM" and they have to admit they lied just like they have been lying for years now?

My guess is that Giuliani is not going to let this go. Like the guy said Giulani took on the New York Mob and won. Let's see how well he does against the deep state.....

Milo

Post by Milo » Tue May 04, 2021 3:25 pm

Doc wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 2:21 pm
Milo wrote:
Doc wrote:
Milo wrote:
Doc wrote:
Defund the FBI

An Obama appointed judge issues a subpoena which includes information that is client attorney privilege of the opposition party to Obama. You can save your chats to the icloud. Archives can be read with a subpoena. *IMPLYING* that the text of such information can not be saved to the iCloud is a diversion.

Now what happens when the MSM FALSELY CLAIMS that "Giuliani WAS WARNED THE THE RUSSIANS WERE TRYING TO INFLUENCE HIM" and they have to admit they lied just like they have been lying for years now?

My guess is that Giuliani is not going to let this go. Like the guy said Giulani took on the New York Mob and won. Let's see how well he does against the deep state.....

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue May 04, 2021 3:56 pm

Milo wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 3:25 pm
Doc wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 2:21 pm
Milo wrote:
Doc wrote:
Milo wrote:
Doc wrote:
Defund the FBI

Right:

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1632988/tw ... oop-trump/
BIRDBRAINED Twitter CEO admits suppressing NY Post’s Hunter Biden ‘crack and Ukraine’ scoop was ‘unacceptable’ as Trump bashes sites

Mollie MansfieldHenry HollowayJessica Kwong

Oct 14 2020, 21:00 ETUpdated: Oct 14 2020, 23:42 ET

TWITTER CEO Jack Dorsey admitted on Wednesday night that his social media company’s action blocking links to the Hunter Biden "crack, sex and Ukraine" email scoop from the New York Post was “unacceptable.”

Dorsey’s apologetic tweet came nearly two hours after President Donald Trump slammed Twitter and Facebook for reportedly censoring the Post’s Wednesday front page story.

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey admitted that his company blocking URL sharing of The New York Post story was 'unacceptable'Credit: Twitter
Jack Dorsey quote tweeted a post by Twitter Safety seeking to clarify the company's actions around The New York Post story
Jack Dorsey quote tweeted a post by Twitter Safety seeking to clarify the company's actions around The New York Post story Credit: Twitter

“Our communication around our actions on the @nypost article was not great,” Dorsey tweeted.

“And blocking URL sharing via tweet or DM with zero context as to why we’re blocking: unacceptable.”

Dorsey quote tweeted an earlier post by Twitter Safety stating: “We want to provide much needed clarity around the actions we’ve taken with respect to two NY Post articles that were first Tweeted this morning.”

Twitter users reported issues when attempting to share a link to the Post’s report that Biden was seen "smoking crack during a sex act" in a video revealed along with emails that allegedly showed he did introduce a Ukraine executive to his dad Joe, when he was vice president.
President Donald Trump threatened to repeal Section 230, a protections law that exempts Twitter and Facebook from liability for content posted by users
President Donald Trump threatened to repeal Section 230, a protections law that exempts Twitter and Facebook from liability for content posted by usersCredit: Twitter

When political commentator Dave Rubin replied to Dorsey’s thread asking, “Do you shadowban based on political beliefs? Simple yes or no will do…” the Twitter CEO answered, “No.”

On Wednesday evening, Trump threatened to undo Section 230, a protections law exempting companies like Twitter and Facebook from liability for content that users post on the platforms.

“So terrible that Facebook and Twitter took down the story of ‘Smoking Gun’ emails related to Sleepy Joe Biden and his son, Hunter, in the @NYPost,” Trump tweeted.

“It is only the beginning for them. There is nothing worse than a corrupt politician. REPEAL SECTION 230!”
The story about Hunter Bidenm and his father 'is eligible to be fact-checked by [our] third-party fact-checking partners,' Facebook said

Dorsey’s apology came only after Twitter locked White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany’s personal account because she shared the Post’s story.

McEnany responded to the locking through her government @PressSec account.

“Censorship should be condemned! cc: @Twitter & Facebook NOT the American way,” she tweeted.

Screenshots showed that McEnany got a message stating that her tweet violated Twitter’s rules.
President Donald Trump bashed Twitter and Facebook on the same day he spoke to supporters at a rally at the Des Moines International Airport

Late Wednesday night, McEnany’s personal Twitter account was still visible but had a note stating, “This Tweet is no longer available.

It also included a retweet of Trump’s post slamming Twitter and Facebook.

Earlier on Wednesday, Andy Stone, Facebook's policy communications manager, said that the Post's story had been deliberately buried by the social network.

Stone tweeted: "While I will intentionally not link to the New York Post, I want be clear that this story is eligible to be fact-checked by Facebook’s third-party fact-checking partners

Twitter has stopped users from being able to post the article

"In the meantime, we are reducing its distribution on our platform."

Twitter users then reported the following error message when trying to post the story: "We can't complete this request because this link has been identified by Twitter or our partners as being potentially harmful."

A Twitter spokesperson told NPR: "In line with our Hacked Materials Policy, as well as our approach to blocking URLs, we are taking action to block any links to or images of the material in question on Twitter."

Senator Ted Cruz fumed on Twitter about the restrictions, writing: "TWITTER HAS DISABLED THE LINK to the @nypost story. @jack what the hell?? I don’t know if the allegations are true—Qs that deserve to be answered. It’s a serious news publication raising evidence of corruption at the highest levels. @twitter shouldn’t act as Biden’s PR team.

Facebook also restricted the post

The restrictions came after the story revealed emails and the "smoking crack during a sex act" video, amid scrutiny over Hunter’s job at oil and gas giant Burisma.

Explosive emails appear to show that VP Biden met with Burisma exec Vadym Pozharskyi while the Ukrainian was in the US, reports the New York Post.

A spokesperson for Joe Biden denied any such meeting in a statement on Wednesday.

The emails come from a trove of files found on a damaged MacBook Pro, which was dropped off at a repair shop in Biden's home state of Delaware.
A spokesperson for Joe Biden denied the former VP took the meeting alleged in the story

Among the files is reportedly a 12-minute video of Hunter engaging in a sex act with an unidentified woman, according to The Post.

He is apparently seen smoking crack in the video.

The 50-year-old has been open about his struggles with addiction.

The laptop was also said to have other files, including sexually explicit pictures.
The alleged details came out on Wednesday
The alleged details came out on WednesdayCredit: Getty - Contributor

The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee is now investigating the trove of documents, The Post reported.

According to the outlet, the senate is working with the repairman to verify the documents.

Hunter joined the Burisma board in 2014 on a salary reportedly up to $50,000-a-month, despite having no prior experience.

Emails published The Post reveal Pozharskyi thanked Hunter for introducing him to his dad in a message sent on April 17, 2015.
Biden was apparently seen smoking a crack pipe

It reads: "Dear Hunter, thank you for inviting me to DC and giving an opportunity to meet your father and spent [sic] some time together.

"It’s realty [sic] an honor and pleasure."

And in another email from May 2014, Pozharskyi asks Hunter for "advice on how you could use your influence" on behalf of Burisma.

Biden had claimed he had "never spoken" to Hunter about his overseas business dealings - something which the emails appear to refute.
The Post revealed alleged emails between Biden and a top executive at a Ukrainian energy firm

FBI agents seized the computer and hard drive last December after the shop owner alerted the feds - and he also gave a copy of the files to former Mayor Rudy Giuliani’s lawyer, Robert Costello.

The New York Post reports ex-Trump advisor Steve Bannon alerted the newspaper of the existence of the hard drive, and Trump ally Giuliani provided a copy of the files on Sunday.

Trump claims Hunter's job was instrumental in Biden pressuring the Ukrainian government into firing prosecutors Viktor Shokin who he claims was investigating Burisma.

The emails appeared to be between Hunter and Vadym Pozharskyi

The allegations are disputed - with officials claiming Shokin was actually fired for failing to investigation corruption.

Ukrainian prosecutors also said earlier this year there was no evidence of wrongdoing on the part of Hunter Biden.

In a statement on Wednesday, Biden spokesperson Andrew Bates hit back at allegations detailed in The Post.
Joe Biden is probably the most corrupt politician to ever reside in the White House. You apparently think him occupying the White House is more important than attorney Client privilege. Now why is that?

Milo

Post by Milo » Tue May 04, 2021 5:37 pm

"Joe Biden is probably the most corrupt politician to ever reside in the White House.”

Quite a statement, considering there’s no evidence of any corruption.

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue May 04, 2021 7:31 pm

Milo wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:37 pm
"Joe Biden is probably the most corrupt politician to ever reside in the White House.”

Quite a statement, considering there’s no evidence of any corruption.
I guess that says it all Milo.

:roll: