NYT Admit In Court That It is Literally FAKE NEWS

Discussion of current events
Doc

NYT Admit In Court That It is Literally FAKE NEWS

Post by Doc » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:50 pm

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking- ... -complaint
BREAKING: NYT pleads ignorance in answer to Project Veritas' defamation complaint

In their response, The New York Times admitted that they did not contact crucial sources for comment.

The New York Times has taken a blow in their legal battle with Project Veritas after they were forced to answer their defamation lawsuit. In their response, The New York Times admitted that they did not contact crucial sources for comment.
Advertisement

"The [New York Times] didn't reach out for comment. And maybe you didn't do it because if you did do it, you'd have to publish that this was real," said Veritas' founder James O'Keefe.

"You didn't even pick up the damn phone to make a phone call. And you call yourself journalists!"

UPDATE: @nytimes FORCED to Answer Veritas’s Defamation Lawsuit – NYT Admits They Did Not Contact Veritas’s Named Sources for Comment; Admits Astor Article WRONG About MN Law; Claims Articles Are Opinion While Admitting Reporters Not Opinion Writers pic.twitter.com/8eAyp8PSRB— Matthew Tyrmand (@MatthewTyrmand) April 28, 2021

Advertisement

On top of this, the paper had to admit that the Maggie Astor article at the centre of the lawsuit was wrong about Minnesota law and has been forced to explain that the article was opinion despite the fact that it was presented as news.

The original article claimed that Project Veritas was "part of a coordinated disinformation effort" in its coverage of ballot harvesting in Minnesota.

Throughout the response, America's former newspaper of record claimed that they lacked "knowledge or information" to sufficiently reply to the complaint. O'Keefe has stated that he is adamant that this lawsuit will progress to a jury trial.
Advertisement

It is also worth noting that USA Today used The New York Times as a source for their fact-checking on PV, which Facebook then used to notify a substantial number of users that PV was spreading false information. As a result of this, USA Today may also face a lawsuit if they don't retract their fact check.

Now James Okeefe can demand USA Today retract its “fact check,” which relied on reporting that the NYT will no longer standby. The Times asserts in legal documents that its article was “opinion.”

If USA Today doesn’t retract, they get sued, too.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

dagbay

Re: NYT Admit In Court That It is Literally FAKE NEWS

Post by dagbay » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:34 am

The NYT along with all the types of media outlets were once touted as the protectors of Democracy and free speech. This was always strange in my view since that roll in the Democracy was never enumerated and bestowed on the media by any constitution that I know of, creteinly not the USA's. Why would anyone consider that they had ever assumed that roll? We can only guess that they were less than faithful all along as we can learn from as the discovery process in this lawsuit with PV.

As we see today, the only protection that can be considered for Democracy is a well informed and engaged citizenry. With the Tech/MSM chock hold over information. it is difficult to get any reliable information and there goes Democracy.
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

neverfail

Re: Project Veritas is partial to using shady, underhand tactics; low ethical standards.

Post by neverfail » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:24 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Veritas

Project Veritas is an American far-right[38] activist group founded by James O'Keefe in 2010.[42] The group produces deceptively edited videos[24] of its undercover operations,[16] which use secret recordings[17] in an effort to discredit mainstream media organizations and progressive groups.[50][51] Project Veritas uses entrapment[23] to generate bad publicity for its targets,[2] and has propagated disinformation[14] and conspiracy theories[58] in its videos and operations.

Targets of Project Veritas include Planned Parenthood, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN), NPR, CNN, and The Washington Post. In 2009, Project Veritas associates published misleading[2] videos that depicted ACORN employees providing advice on concealing illegal activity, causing ACORN to shut down after losing funding;[5] ACORN was cleared of wrongdoing by the Attorney General of California in 2010,[2] and the associates paid a total of $150,000 in settlements to an ACORN employee who sued for defamation.[2] NPR CEO Vivian Schiller resigned in 2013 after Project Veritas released a deceptively[2][5] edited video portraying another NPR executive making controversial comments about the Tea Party movement and NPR's federal funding.[59] Project Veritas unsuccessfully attempted to mislead The Washington Post into publishing false information about the Roy Moore sexual misconduct allegations in 2017;[4][50] the Post won a Pulitzer Prize after uncovering the operation.
Would you trust an organisation like this one? Not I!