Can the US win a war against Russia?

Discussion of current events
Sertorio

Re: Can the US win a war against Russia?

Post by Sertorio » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:13 am

PROGRESS REPORT ON THE US-RUSSIAN WAR

by The Saker

(...)

Russia: the Russian strategy towards the Empire is simple:

- Try to avoid as much as possible and for as long as possible any direct military confrontation with the USA because Russia is still the weaker side (mostly in quantitative terms). That, and actively preparing for war under the ancient si vis pacem para bellum strategy.

- Try to cope as best can be with all the “petty harassment”: the USA still has infinitely more “soft power” than Russia and Russia simply does not have the means to strike back in kind. So she does the minimum to try to deter or weaken the effects of that kind of “petty harassment” but, in truth, there is not much she can do about it besides accepting it as a fact of life.

- Rather than trying to disengage from the AngloZionist controlled Empire (economically, financially, politically), Russia will very deliberately contribute to the gradual emergence of an alternative realm. A good example of that is the Chinese-promoted New Silk Road which is being built without any meaningful role for the Empire.

USA: the US strategy is equally simple:

- Use the Russian “threat” to give a meaning and a purpose to the Empire, especially NATO.

- Continue and expand the “petty harassment” against Russia on all levels.

- Subvert and weaken as much as possible any country or politician showing any signs of independence or disobedience (including New Silk Road countries)

Both sides are using delaying tactics, but for diametrically opposite reasons: Russia because time is on her side and the USA because they have run out of options.

It is important to stress here that in this struggle Russia is at a major disadvantage: while the Russians want to build something, the US Americans only want to destroy it (examples include Syria, of course, but also the Ukraine or, for that matter, a united Europe). Another major disadvantage for Russia is that most governments out there as still afraid of antagonizing the Empire in any way, thus the deafening silence and supine submissiveness of the “concert of nations” when Uncle Sam goes on one of his usual rampages in total violation of international law and the UN Charter. This is probably changing, but very, very slowly. Most world politicians are just like US Congressmen: prostitutes (and cheap ones at that).

The biggest advantage for Russia is that the USA are internally falling apart economically, socially, politically – you name it. With every passing year the once most prosperous United States are starting to look more and more like some backwater Third World country. Oh sure, the US economy is still huge (but rapidly shrinking!), but that is meaningless when financial wealth and social wealth are conflated into one completely misleading index of pseudo-prosperity. This sad, really, a country which ought to be prosperous and happy is being bled to death by the, shall we say, “imperial parasite” feeding on it.

At the end of the day, political regimes can only survive by the consent of those it rules. In the United States this consent is clearly in the process of being withdrawn. In Russia it has never been stronger. This translates into a major fragility of the USA and, therefore, the Empire (the USA are by far the biggest host of the AngloZionist imperial parasite) and a major source of staying power for Russia.

All of the above applies only to political regimes, of course. The people of Russia and of the USA have exactly the same interests: bringing down the Empire with the least amount of violence and suffering as possible. Like all Empires, the US Empire mostly abused others in its formative and peak years, but as any decaying Empire it is now mostly abusing its own people. It is therefore vital to always repeat that an “Empire-free USA” would have no reason to see an enemy in Russia and vice-versa. In fact, Russia and the USA could be ideal partners, but the “imperial parasites” will not allow that to happen. Thus we are all stuck in an absurd and dangerous situation which could result in a war which would completely destroy most of our planet.

For whatever it’s worth, and in spite of the constant hysterical russophobia in the US Ziomedia, I detect absolutely no sign whatsoever that this campaign is having any success with the people in the USA. At most, some of them naively buy into the “the Russians tried to interfere in our elections” fairytale, but even in this case this belief is mitigated by “no big deal, we also do that in other countries”. I have yet to meet a US American who would seriously believe that Russia is any kind of danger. I don’t even detect superficial reactions of hostility when, for example, I speak Russian with my family in a public place. Typically, we are asked what language we are speaking and when we reply “Russian” the reaction normally is “cool!”. Quite often I even hear “what do you think of Putin? I really like him”. This is in severe contrast with the federal government whom the vast majority of US Americans seem to hate with a passion.

To summarize it all, I would say that at this point in time of the US-Russian war, Russia is wining, the Empire is losing and the USA is suffering. As for the EU it is “enjoying” a much deserved irrelevance while being mostly busy absorbing wave after wave of society-destroying refugees proving, yet again, the truth of the saying that if your head is in the sand, your ass is in the air.

This war is far from over, I don’t even think that we have reached it’s peak yet and things are going to get worse before they get better again. But all in all, I am very optimistic that the Axis of Kindness will bite the dust in a relatively not too distant future.

https://southfront.org/saker-progress-r ... ssian-war/
A pro-Russia text? Yes, definitely. But also a correct analysis

SteveFoerster

Post by SteveFoerster » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:58 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:13 am
Your source: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/south-front/
Writer, technologist, educator, gadfly.
President of New World University: http://newworld.ac

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:40 am

SteveFoerster wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:58 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:13 am
Your source: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/south-front/
The text I quoted is an analysis, not a description of facts. One may disagree with it but that's a matter of opinion. In my opinion, the analysis is correct and is in agreement with the attitudes and policies of both Russia and the US.

neverfail

Re: keeping all within bounds.

Post by neverfail » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:37 pm

More and more with the passage of time I give thanks to God that I dwell on an island-continent incorporated into a single sovereignty - the only one of its kind in the world.

Not having a single terrestrial frontier with any neighbouring state, only with the ocean, seems to remove a lot of potentially dangerous complications. Where Australia's bounds are located is always crystal clear - they coincide with where nature has ordained they should be. (smug :D )

Poor Russia seems to be in the exact opposite position to Australia. It has long international frontiers with an incredable number of neighbouring countries. Those boundaries have a long history of shifting and changing position with the passage of time.

Whoever gets to rule Russia must be often tempted into paranoia, if not outright megalomania, over the issue of secure frontiers for the Russian state.

Even the USA, which has land frontiers with only two neighbouring sovereignties, can be a bit that way. At present its traditionally permeable border with Mexico seems to be causing the Trump administration a lot of angst.

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:30 pm

God save the queen!