A bad example spreads: Donald Trump style machanations employed by Mexico's President Obrador.

Discussion of current events
Post Reply
neverfail
Posts: 6718
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

A bad example spreads: Donald Trump style machanations employed by Mexico's President Obrador.

Post by neverfail » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:18 pm

https://asiatimes.com/2021/04/more-nail ... os-future/

It is worth highlighting that AMLO has never recognized the results of the many elections he has lost, blaming rigged electoral institutions, and has only accepted those that favored him, for mayor of Mexico City in 2000 and for president, when he ran for a third time in 2018, claiming that in these cases the “people” had won over the corrupt system, which is the one that gave him his victories.
Sound familar?

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 4963
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: A bad example spreads: Donald Trump style machanations employed by Mexico's President Obrador.

Post by Sertorio » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:30 am

neverfail wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:18 pm
https://asiatimes.com/2021/04/more-nail ... os-future/

It is worth highlighting that AMLO has never recognized the results of the many elections he has lost, blaming rigged electoral institutions, and has only accepted those that favored him, for mayor of Mexico City in 2000 and for president, when he ran for a third time in 2018, claiming that in these cases the “people” had won over the corrupt system, which is the one that gave him his victories.
Sound familar?
You definitely should stop reading and quoting Manuel Suárez-Mier... The man is a mental disease playing the part of a writer...

neverfail
Posts: 6718
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: A bad example spreads: Donald Trump style machanations employed by Mexico's President Obrador.

Post by neverfail » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:53 am

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:30 am
neverfail wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:18 pm
https://asiatimes.com/2021/04/more-nail ... os-future/

It is worth highlighting that AMLO has never recognized the results of the many elections he has lost, blaming rigged electoral institutions, and has only accepted those that favored him, for mayor of Mexico City in 2000 and for president, when he ran for a third time in 2018, claiming that in these cases the “people” had won over the corrupt system, which is the one that gave him his victories.
Sound familar?
You definitely should stop reading and quoting Manuel Suárez-Mier... The man is a mental disease playing the part of a writer...
I was struck by the reported similarity (quoted above) between Obrador's tactics and those of Donald Trump.

If Manuel Suárez-Mier has published anything untruthful about the current situation in Mexico in the above essay then please point it out to me.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 4963
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: A bad example spreads: Donald Trump style machanations employed by Mexico's President Obrador.

Post by Sertorio » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:05 am

neverfail wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:53 am
Sertorio wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:30 am
neverfail wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:18 pm
https://asiatimes.com/2021/04/more-nail ... os-future/

It is worth highlighting that AMLO has never recognized the results of the many elections he has lost, blaming rigged electoral institutions, and has only accepted those that favored him, for mayor of Mexico City in 2000 and for president, when he ran for a third time in 2018, claiming that in these cases the “people” had won over the corrupt system, which is the one that gave him his victories.
Sound familar?
You definitely should stop reading and quoting Manuel Suárez-Mier... The man is a mental disease playing the part of a writer...
I was struck by the reported similarity (quoted above) between Obrador's tactics and those of Donald Trump.

If Manuel Suárez-Mier has published anything untruthful about the current situation in Mexico in the above essay then please point it out to me.
What does the text which I have coloured mean? That AMLO likes winning and dislikes losing? How is he different from any other politician? And when he lost, did he try to take power by force?...

Post Reply