Discussion of current events
Doc

Are we ready to rumble?

Post by Doc » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:16 pm

https://www.reuters.com/article/taiwan- ... SL1N2M516J
Taiwan reports largest incursion yet by Chinese air force

By Reuters Staff

3 Min Read

TAIPEI (Reuters) -Twenty-five Chinese air force aircraft including fighters and nuclear-capable bombers entered Taiwan’s air defence identification zone (ADIZ) on Monday, the island’s government said, the largest reported incursion to date.
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/12/chin ... index.html

US and China deploy aircraft carriers in South China Sea as tensions simmer

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/ukraine-tel ... -1.1588972

Ukraine Tells Russia to Pull Back Troops as U.S. Warns of Costs

So y'all ready for this?

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Sertorio

Re: Are we ready to rumble?

Post by Sertorio » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:39 am

Doc wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:16 pm

By Reuters Staff

3 Min Read

TAIPEI (Reuters) -Twenty-five Chinese air force aircraft including fighters and nuclear-capable bombers entered Taiwan’s air defence identification zone (ADIZ) on Monday, the island’s government said, the largest reported incursion to date.

So y'all ready for this?

The present US Administration is full of dumb warmongers, but even they would think twice before starting a war they cannot win. No nuclear war is going to happen because of the Ukraine or some South China Sea islets, and any conventional war in either of those two places would be a major disaster for the US and their allies.

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:27 am

"The present US administration is full of dumb warmongers."

Quite true, but don't be so sure that said warmongers aren't dumb enough to get involved in overseas adventurism.

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:31 am

Sertorio wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:39 am
Doc wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:16 pm

By Reuters Staff

3 Min Read

So y'all ready for this?

The present US Administration is full of dumb warmongers, but even they would think twice before starting a war they cannot win. No nuclear war is going to happen because of the Ukraine or some South China Sea islets, and any conventional war in either of those two places would be a major disaster for the US and their allies.

Both Putin and the CCP have stated that they will use tactical nuclear weapons in a "limited" way in a war.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:46 am

Doc wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:31 am

Both Putin and the CCP have stated that they will use tactical nuclear weapons in a "limited" way in a war.
Quotes, please...

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:06 am

Sertorio wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:46 am
Doc wrote:

Quotes, please...
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14570912/ ... -missiles/
ROCKETS READY Putin ally warns that crisis with Ukraine could go NUCLEAR as Russian launches anti-aircraft missiles on border

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:27 am

Doc wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:06 am
Sertorio wrote:
Doc wrote:

Quotes, please...
ROCKETS READY Putin ally warns that crisis with Ukraine could go NUCLEAR as Russian launches anti-aircraft missiles on border
The actual quote is:
He posed the question to Russian military analyst Mikhail Khodarenok asking: “How soon before the fight on Ukrainian land with NATO troops will lead to a nuclear conflict?”

The former Red Army colonel and defence expert replied: “This is strictly my personal judgement. I believe that any conflict can be stopped by our side threatening to deploy at least tactical nuclear weapons.

“Any conflict will stop in this case.”
Putin never said anything of the kind. This was Mikhail Khodarenok's personal opinion.

Besides, why in heavens would Russia need any kind of nuclear weapons in a conflict in the Ukraine against the US/NATO? Russia has locally overwhelming superiority on land, in the air and on the sea. Russia's armed forces would destroy any enemy force in the Ukraine within days. Has any of you any doubts about this?

For further information on Russia's power, please read the following:
Why It Is Not Advised
By Andrei Martyanov, exclusively for the Saker Blog
http://thesaker.is/why-it-is-not-advised/

For the US Navy ships to enter the Black Sea and hope to survive in case of the, God forbids, any kind of a conflict with Russia—yes, you read it right—is a fantasy, or, to be even more precise—an unscientific fiction. This group, let alone a single US destroyer of the Arleigh Burke-class (these are the most active types in the US Navy), which enter the Black Sea periodically to “demonstrate flag” and US/NATO presence in this crucial body of water are aware of the fact that the Black Sea for all intents and purposes is Russia’s lake.

(...)

This [P-800 Oniks] long-range M=2.5 missile is what makes the first line of defense of Russia’s Black Sea Fleet so deadly, because it is precisely a type of weaponry designed to over-saturate air defense of US Aegis Combat Control System and Spy-1 radar-equipped ships. American naval officers are well-educated in terms of missile salvos and capabilities, including saturation thresholds, of their on-board Air Defense systems and know that 4+ P-800 Oniks or 8+ subsonic X-35 missile salvo, in the active ECM environment in the Black Sea are impossible to defend against such a salvo. Russia can repeat these and even much larger salvos many times over, with a desirable frequency and density.

(...)

Of course, no one should forget that Black Sea Fleet also happened to have ships and those, even considering a cruiser, couple of frigates and SSKs attached to Mediterranean Squadron around Syria, still pack a massive anti-shipping punch by 3M54 missiles of Kalibr family which accelerate to M=2.9 on terminal and effectively are not interceptible in the salvo of 2+. All those missiles named here are AI-driven in salvo and posses a very high resistance to jamming (some of them can jam enemy’s sensors on their own). And this is not all, of course. Black Sea Fleet is supported by the forces of Southern Military Distric, parh of which it is, and if these news above were bad for any combination of US/NATO naval forces entering the Black Sea, this is where this news becomes even more depressing for Pentagon. 4th Air Force and Air Defense Army which is part of this district deployes those pesky MiG-31Ks (they originally were based in the District and continue to fly missions from there since 2017) armed with Kinzhal Kh-47M2 hypersonic missiles, whose M=10+ and violent maneuvering and incredible range of 2000 kilometers make them impervious to any air defense technology the United States has today and in the nearest future (7-10 years at least). It is even doubtful that these missiles are actually detectable.

(...)

So, as you can see, there is plenty of subsonic, supersonic and hypersonic goodness to spread around by Russia’s Black Sea Fleet alone and competent people in Pentagon know this. That is why the appearance of those two US destroyers in the Black Sea is, literally, for the appearance primarily and for trying to collect some intel for what seems today a diminishing probability of confrontation in Donbass. I often write that many people in the US, and I am talking about policy-makers, cannot grasp the scale of the America’s trailing Russia in fire power in all domains. It is not just quantitative; it is qualitative and the gap only continues to widen.
Russian propaganda? Yes, certainly. Which doesn't mean it isn't true. Does anyone in the US want to try and see whether the Russians are speaking the truth?...

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:59 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:27 am
Doc wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:06 am
Sertorio wrote:
Doc wrote:

Quotes, please...
The actual quote is:
He posed the question to Russian military analyst Mikhail Khodarenok asking: “How soon before the fight on Ukrainian land with NATO troops will lead to a nuclear conflict?”

The former Red Army colonel and defence expert replied: “This is strictly my personal judgement. I believe that any conflict can be stopped by our side threatening to deploy at least tactical nuclear weapons.

“Any conflict will stop in this case.”
Putin never said anything of the kind. This was Mikhail Khodarenok's personal opinion.

Besides, why in heavens would Russia need any kind of nuclear weapons in a conflict in the Ukraine against the US/NATO? Russia has locally overwhelming superiority on land, in the air and on the sea. Russia's armed forces would destroy any enemy force in the Ukraine within days. Has any of you any doubts about this?

For further information on Russia's power, please read the following:
Why It Is Not Advised
By Andrei Martyanov, exclusively for the Saker Blog
http://thesaker.is/why-it-is-not-advised/

For the US Navy ships to enter the Black Sea and hope to survive in case of the, God forbids, any kind of a conflict with Russia—yes, you read it right—is a fantasy, or, to be even more precise—an unscientific fiction. This group, let alone a single US destroyer of the Arleigh Burke-class (these are the most active types in the US Navy), which enter the Black Sea periodically to “demonstrate flag” and US/NATO presence in this crucial body of water are aware of the fact that the Black Sea for all intents and purposes is Russia’s lake.

(...)

This [P-800 Oniks] long-range M=2.5 missile is what makes the first line of defense of Russia’s Black Sea Fleet so deadly, because it is precisely a type of weaponry designed to over-saturate air defense of US Aegis Combat Control System and Spy-1 radar-equipped ships. American naval officers are well-educated in terms of missile salvos and capabilities, including saturation thresholds, of their on-board Air Defense systems and know that 4+ P-800 Oniks or 8+ subsonic X-35 missile salvo, in the active ECM environment in the Black Sea are impossible to defend against such a salvo. Russia can repeat these and even much larger salvos many times over, with a desirable frequency and density.

(...)

Of course, no one should forget that Black Sea Fleet also happened to have ships and those, even considering a cruiser, couple of frigates and SSKs attached to Mediterranean Squadron around Syria, still pack a massive anti-shipping punch by 3M54 missiles of Kalibr family which accelerate to M=2.9 on terminal and effectively are not interceptible in the salvo of 2+. All those missiles named here are AI-driven in salvo and posses a very high resistance to jamming (some of them can jam enemy’s sensors on their own). And this is not all, of course. Black Sea Fleet is supported by the forces of Southern Military Distric, parh of which it is, and if these news above were bad for any combination of US/NATO naval forces entering the Black Sea, this is where this news becomes even more depressing for Pentagon. 4th Air Force and Air Defense Army which is part of this district deployes those pesky MiG-31Ks (they originally were based in the District and continue to fly missions from there since 2017) armed with Kinzhal Kh-47M2 hypersonic missiles, whose M=10+ and violent maneuvering and incredible range of 2000 kilometers make them impervious to any air defense technology the United States has today and in the nearest future (7-10 years at least). It is even doubtful that these missiles are actually detectable.

(...)

So, as you can see, there is plenty of subsonic, supersonic and hypersonic goodness to spread around by Russia’s Black Sea Fleet alone and competent people in Pentagon know this. That is why the appearance of those two US destroyers in the Black Sea is, literally, for the appearance primarily and for trying to collect some intel for what seems today a diminishing probability of confrontation in Donbass. I often write that many people in the US, and I am talking about policy-makers, cannot grasp the scale of the America’s trailing Russia in fire power in all domains. It is not just quantitative; it is qualitative and the gap only continues to widen.
Russian propaganda? Yes, certainly. Which doesn't mean it isn't true. Does anyone in the US want to try and see whether the Russians are speaking the truth?...
Khodarenok isn't going to cross his boss Putin.

AS for the Black sea To get anywhere else Russia ships have to pass through Turkey. Putin has been dropping hints that he would use Nukes against Turkey if Turkey and Saudi Arabia backed rebels in Syria started threatening Russian Troops.

https://consortiumnews.com/2016/02/18/r ... -al-qaeda/

Risking Nuclear War for Al Qaeda?

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:34 pm

Doc wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:59 pm

AS for the Black sea To get anywhere else Russia ships have to pass through Turkey. Putin has been dropping hints that he would use Nukes against Turkey if Turkey and Saudi Arabia backed rebels in Syria started threatening Russian Troops.

A five year old article?!... How relevant do you think it is?...

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:29 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:34 pm
Doc wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:59 pm

A five year old article?!... How relevant do you think it is?...
Yet Putin did make the threat.