2024

Discussion of current events
Ellen
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:02 pm

Re: 2024

Post by Ellen » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:10 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:41 pm
Ellen wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:24 am
I like Tom Cotton. I hope he runs. But what about Nicki Haley? She has been planning on running for a long time.

Yes, Haley would be strong. And so would Rubio and Cruz. If the Orange Ogre runs, he would probably get the nomination, but would fail in the general election. He should step aside and allow other more electable right-wing types to advance his America-first agenda.
Yes, I agree with that. Trump squandered his very good opportunity to win a second term by his frivolous behavior, especially regarding his handling of the Corona plague. If he had approached that with a degree of seriousness, he would have won the election.

He should bow out and let others carry on. No one will fight for some of the causes that he stood for, however, like the plight of the white working class. I don't see Haley or Rubio or Cruz caring enough to do that. Cruz took a vacation to Mexico instead of abiding by a closure. I think he is now out of contention. But, Haley would be good, perhaps with Rubio as a running mate.

They need to make the battle against Political Correctness as the centerpiece of their campaign. They have to summon the courage to fight against the liberal elite. There is a large audience of people out there willing to join them, especially without the repelling qualities of Trump. But do they have the courage to take on this powerful elite? I have my doubts.

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 5355
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: 2024

Post by Doc » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:22 pm

Ellen wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:10 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:41 pm
Ellen wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:24 am
I like Tom Cotton. I hope he runs. But what about Nicki Haley? She has been planning on running for a long time.

Yes, Haley would be strong. And so would Rubio and Cruz. If the Orange Ogre runs, he would probably get the nomination, but would fail in the general election. He should step aside and allow other more electable right-wing types to advance his America-first agenda.
Yes, I agree with that. Trump squandered his very good opportunity to win a second term by his frivolous behavior, especially regarding his handling of the Corona plague. If he had approached that with a degree of seriousness, he would have won the election.
Trump would not have been elected in the first place had it not been for his "Frivolous" behavior.


He should bow out and let others carry on. No one will fight for some of the causes that he stood for, however, like the plight of the white working class. I don't see Haley or Rubio or Cruz caring enough to do that. Cruz took a vacation to Mexico instead of abiding by a closure. I think he is now out of contention. But, Haley would be good, perhaps with Rubio as a running mate.

They need to make the battle against Political Correctness as the centerpiece of their campaign. They have to summon the courage to fight against the liberal elite. There is a large audience of people out there willing to join them, especially without the repelling qualities of Trump. But do they have the courage to take on this powerful elite? I have my doubts.
The way to fight against Political Correctness is by being "Frivolous"
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

neverfail
Posts: 6719
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: 2024

Post by neverfail » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:23 pm

Ellen wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:10 am

Yes, I agree with that. Trump squandered his very good opportunity to win a second term by his frivolous behavior, especially regarding his handling of the Corona plague. If he had approached that with a degree of seriousness, he would have won the election.
I absolutely agree with you about thuspoint Ellen except for one thing - your use of the word "frivolous" to describe Trump's behavour. Nothing frivolous about it: he was criminally negligent in his handling of the epidemic.

Jim the Moron
Posts: 2238
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: 2024

Post by Jim the Moron » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:46 pm

https://davosman.org/viewtopic.php?f=17 ... 150#p38541

This article provided by Sertorio on another thread raises an interesting possibility - Tulsi Gabbard joining a Republican (such as Cruz, Haley, Cotton, Tim Scott, or Rubio) on a centrist 2024 ticket - similar to the proposal to have Joe Lieberman as John McCain's running mate instead of Sarah Palin. A John/Joe ticket would have won.

Ellen
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:02 pm

Re: 2024

Post by Ellen » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:38 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:46 pm
https://davosman.org/viewtopic.php?f=17 ... 150#p38541

This article provided by Sertorio on another thread raises an interesting possibility - Tulsi Gabbard joining a Republican (such as Cruz, Haley, Cotton, Tim Scott, or Rubio) on a centrist 2024 ticket - similar to the proposal to have Joe Lieberman as John McCain's running mate instead of Sarah Palin. A John/Joe ticket would have won.
Interesting thought, Jim. And ironically, Joe Lieberman (whom I supported, not surprising) could have helped win the Bible Belt and values voters for McCain, instead of the Sarah Palin. She was brought on board to help win the "Christian vote", even though her daughter's behavior was anything but. America is a very tolerant country, not a racist one as liberals like to claim, and proof of this was how popular Lieberman was in the Bible Belt (the big one not the little one in Brooklyn).

A pity. Now we are stuck with the likes of John Kerry and the other Obamoids, who never seem to retire or disappear. They just keep on returning to wreak ever more damage.

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 4825
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: 2024

Post by cassowary » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:48 am

neverfail wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:45 pm
None of us can foresee the course of events between here and now and November 2024. By 2024 Trump might well be doing time in prison on charges like tax evasion and the Republican Party might have split.
Tax evasion. Unlikely. It is common knowledge that Uncle Sam loves property. So the laws allow people to minimize taxes. What Trump did is commonly done by property owenrs both big and small.
The Imp :D

Jim the Moron
Posts: 2238
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: 2024

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:09 am

Ellen wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:38 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:46 pm
https://davosman.org/viewtopic.php?f=17 ... 150#p38541

This article provided by Sertorio on another thread raises an interesting possibility - Tulsi Gabbard joining a Republican (such as Cruz, Haley, Cotton, Tim Scott, or Rubio) on a centrist 2024 ticket - similar to the proposal to have Joe Lieberman as John McCain's running mate instead of Sarah Palin. A John/Joe ticket would have won.
Interesting thought, Jim. And ironically, Joe Lieberman (whom I supported, not surprising) could have helped win the Bible Belt and values voters for McCain, instead of the Sarah Palin. She was brought on board to help win the "Christian vote", even though her daughter's behavior was anything but. America is a very tolerant country, not a racist one as liberals like to claim, and proof of this was how popular Lieberman was in the Bible Belt (the big one not the little one in Brooklyn).

A pity. Now we are stuck with the likes of John Kerry and the other Obamoids, who never seem to retire or disappear. They just keep on returning to wreak ever more damage.

A John McCain/Joe Lieberman ticket would have been the ultimate pro-peace (and pro-Israel) duo.

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 5355
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: 2024

Post by Doc » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:32 pm

Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:09 am
Ellen wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:38 am
Jim the Moron wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:46 pm
https://davosman.org/viewtopic.php?f=17 ... 150#p38541

This article provided by Sertorio on another thread raises an interesting possibility - Tulsi Gabbard joining a Republican (such as Cruz, Haley, Cotton, Tim Scott, or Rubio) on a centrist 2024 ticket - similar to the proposal to have Joe Lieberman as John McCain's running mate instead of Sarah Palin. A John/Joe ticket would have won.
Interesting thought, Jim. And ironically, Joe Lieberman (whom I supported, not surprising) could have helped win the Bible Belt and values voters for McCain, instead of the Sarah Palin. She was brought on board to help win the "Christian vote", even though her daughter's behavior was anything but. America is a very tolerant country, not a racist one as liberals like to claim, and proof of this was how popular Lieberman was in the Bible Belt (the big one not the little one in Brooklyn).

A pity. Now we are stuck with the likes of John Kerry and the other Obamoids, who never seem to retire or disappear. They just keep on returning to wreak ever more damage.

A John McCain/Joe Lieberman ticket would have been the ultimate pro-peace (and pro-Israel) duo.
Not so sure about that Jim

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Post Reply