'I've bought crack on the streets and cooked up my own at home': Joe Biden's drug addict son Hunter admits to having gun

Discussion of current events
Doc

'I've bought crack on the streets and cooked up my own at home': Joe Biden's drug addict son Hunter admits to having gun

Post by Doc » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:23 am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/index.html
'I've bought crack on the streets and cooked up my own at home': Joe Biden's drug addict son Hunter admits to having guns put in his face and living in a $59-a night motel in explosive memoir
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

lzzrdgrrl

Re: 'I've bought crack on the streets and cooked up my own at home': Joe Biden's drug addict son Hunter admits to having

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:30 pm

A certain type of personality where experiential theatre is everything and substantive character is nothing:
Expressive individualism: A form of individualism that arose in opposition to utilitarian individualism. Expressive individualism holds that each person has a unique core of feeling and intuition that should unfold or be expressed if individuality is to be realized.... Under certain conditions, the expressive individualist may find it possible through intuitive feeling to "merge" with other persons, with nature, or with the cosmos as a whole.
https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/blog ... hat-is-it/
Seven Statements of Belief in Western Culture
Once we understand the term “expressive individualism” we get from Bellah and his fellow sociologists as well as the “Age of Authenticity” as defined by Taylor, we begin to see the elements of this worldview and how it affects life in Western societies today.

This is where Australian church leader Mark Sayers helpfully sums up several beliefs that swirl around in an expressive individualist society. These seven summary statements come from Sayers’s book Disappearing Church.
  1. The highest good is individual freedom, happiness, self-definition, and self-expression.
  2. Traditions, religions, received wisdom, regulations, and social ties that restrict individual freedom, happiness, self-definition, and self-expression must be reshaped, deconstructed, or destroyed.
  3. The world will inevitably improve as the scope of individual freedom grows. Technology —in particular the internet—will motor this progression toward utopia.
  4. The primary social ethic is tolerance of everyone’s self-defined quest for individual freedom and self-expression. Any deviation from this ethic of tolerance is dangerous and must not be tolerated. Therefore social justice is less about economic or class inequality, and more about issues of equality relating to individual identity, self-expression, and personal autonomy.
  5. Humans are inherently good.
  6. Large-scale structures and institutions are suspicious at best and evil at worst.
  7. Forms of external authority are rejected and personal authenticity is lauded.
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

lzzrdgrrl

Re: 'I've bought crack on the streets and cooked up my own at home': Joe Biden's drug addict son Hunter admits to having

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:10 am

I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........