Virginia parents, teachers group accused of 'racketeering,' intimidating conservative parents

Discussion of current events
Doc

Virginia parents, teachers group accused of 'racketeering,' intimidating conservative parents

Post by Doc » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:03 pm

Critical Race Theory.....

https://www.foxnews.com/us/virginia-par ... ve-parents

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

lzzrdgrrl

Re: Virginia parents, teachers group accused of 'racketeering,' intimidating conservative parents

Post by lzzrdgrrl » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:34 pm

The Miseducation of America's Elites
Affluent parents, terrified of running afoul of the new orthodoxy in their children’s private schools, organize in secret.
What does it say about the current state of that meritocracy, then, that it wants kids fluent in critical race theory and “white fragility,” even if such knowledge comes at the expense of Shakespeare? “The colleges want children — customers — that are going to be pre-aligned to certain ideologies that originally came out of those colleges,” says a STEM teacher at one of New York’s prestigious prep schools. “I call it woke-weaning. And that’s the product schools like mine are offering.”
https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/the-mi ... cas-elites
I have a certain notoriety among the lesser gods........

Doc

Re: Virginia parents, teachers group accused of 'racketeering,' intimidating conservative parents

Post by Doc » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:49 pm

lzzrdgrrl wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:34 pm
The Miseducation of America's Elites
Affluent parents, terrified of running afoul of the new orthodoxy in their children’s private schools, organize in secret.
What does it say about the current state of that meritocracy, then, that it wants kids fluent in critical race theory and “white fragility,” even if such knowledge comes at the expense of Shakespeare? “The colleges want children — customers — that are going to be pre-aligned to certain ideologies that originally came out of those colleges,” says a STEM teacher at one of New York’s prestigious prep schools. “I call it woke-weaning. And that’s the product schools like mine are offering.”
https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/the-mi ... cas-elites
There is a red pill for that

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/news/legi ... c8e30.html
WV governor approves what advocates say is the nation’s broadest nonpublic school vouchers program
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Milo

Post by Milo » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:52 am

A group opposed to another group calls the group they are opposed to criminals with no evidence.

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:52 pm

Milo wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:52 am
A group opposed to another group calls the group they are opposed to criminals with no evidence.
Where did you get the idea there is no evidence?

Milo

Post by Milo » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:25 pm

Doc wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:52 pm
Milo wrote:
The part where they have been charged, which isn't there!

Or will this come once all those Treason Indictments are served :D

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:05 pm

Milo wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:25 pm
Doc wrote:
Milo wrote:

Clearly if the discussion in a private facebook group becomes public that is evidence. If the members of that group conspired to attack people that opposed them by doing the things mentioned in the article that is illegal. Of course it is up to a court to decide guilt. But it stinks to high heaven if true. You saying there is no evidence when you are not in a position to judge is your opinion and nothing more than that.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... heory.html
Cops investigate Virginia teachers' Facebook group for naming parents who were 'against critical race theory' and urging members to 'gather information' on them

The Anti-Racist Parents of Loudoun County group shared personal details of those they say had opposed moves to teach the controversial curriculum
It urged followers to 'gather information' and silence critics of the theory
Others in the group encouraged people to share addresses and social media

According to Purdue University, critical race theory scholarship shows how racism continues to be persuasive and why it denies individuals their rights
But critics say it leaves people exposed to the training feeling that they are being blamed for problems which they did not cause and that it is itself racially divisive
One parent on the list, Patti Menders, said: 'I was personally attacked'
LCPS interim Superintendent Scott Ziegler said: 'We fully support the expression of First Amendment rights and deplore any efforts to silence voices

Virginia police are investigating an 'anti-racist' Facebook group that named the parents of students who members say are 'against critical race theory'.

The Anti-Racist Parents of Loudoun County group - which reportedly includes teachers and school board members - shared personal details of those they say had opposed moves to teach the controversial curriculum.

It urged followers to 'gather information' on them and encouraged online hackers to silence critics of the theory, The Daily Wire reports. Parent Cherly Onderchain told Fox News she was on the 'hit list', adding: 'Their goal is silence.'

So they are accused of violating the privacy of parents. For the teachers and the board members that is a serious violation of the law. The daily mail does not print the charges as "alleged" either. IE "SHARED" "URGED" "ENCOURAGED"

Milo

Post by Milo » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:26 pm

Doc wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:05 pm
Milo wrote:
Doc wrote:
Milo wrote:

Clearly if the discussion in a private facebook group becomes public that is evidence. If the members of that group conspired to attack people that opposed them by doing the things mentioned in the article that is illegal. Of course it is up to a court to decide guilt. But it stinks to high heaven if true. You saying there is no evidence when you are not in a position to judge is your opinion and nothing more than that.

Cops investigate Virginia teachers' Facebook group for naming parents who were 'against critical race theory' and urging members to 'gather information' on them

The Anti-Racist Parents of Loudoun County group shared personal details of those they say had opposed moves to teach the controversial curriculum

According to Purdue University, critical race theory scholarship shows how racism continues to be persuasive and why it denies individuals their rights
But critics say it leaves people exposed to the training feeling that they are being blamed for problems which they did not cause and that it is itself racially divisive
LCPS interim Superintendent Scott Ziegler said: 'We fully support the expression of First Amendment rights and deplore any efforts to silence voices

Virginia police are investigating an 'anti-racist' Facebook group that named the parents of students who members say are 'against critical race theory'.

The Anti-Racist Parents of Loudoun County group - which reportedly includes teachers and school board members - shared personal details of those they say had opposed moves to teach the controversial curriculum.

It urged followers to 'gather information' on them and encouraged online hackers to silence critics of the theory, The Daily Wire reports. Parent Cherly Onderchain told Fox News she was on the 'hit list', adding: 'Their goal is silence.'

So they are accused of violating the privacy of parents. For the teachers and the board members that is a serious violation of the law. The daily mail does not print the charges as "alleged" either. IE "SHARED" "URGED" "ENCOURAGED"
So they haven’t been charged.

Doc

Post by Doc » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:34 pm

Milo wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:26 pm
Doc wrote:
Milo wrote:
Doc wrote:
Milo wrote:

SO?

Milo

Post by Milo » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:56 pm

Doc wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:34 pm
Milo wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:26 pm
Doc wrote:
Milo wrote:
Doc wrote:
Milo wrote:

SO?