Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:28 am
Doc wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:14 am
Sertorio wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:47 am
Doc wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:53 am

How Portugal silenced ‘centuries of violence and trauma

We are very much aware of our shameful role in the slave trade between Africa and America. We also know that all the slaves who existed in Portugal in the 19th century were absorbed in our genetic pool, and that therefore many of us have slave ancestors. That assimilation and ancestry make sure that we can never ignore slavery in Portugal. Slaves are us and we are them, forever.
Re-read the headline
I'm baffled. We do not silence it. We just refuse to stand still somewhere in the 19th century. It's just as we treated Jews in the end of the 15th century. We misbehaved, we forced them to become Christian, and now at least 25% of us have Jewish ancestors. We do not mummify our minorities, we integrate and absorb them. Some people may feel that we should have preserved those minorities untouched, to make sure that cleavages would never disappear. But we prefer to treat that problem dialectically. Through synthesis. That's how we solve racism and discrimination.
I am part neanderthal. Your people made an almost complete genocide against my people. Where are my reparations?
If one of your Neanderthal ancestors had not been screwed by one of my Cro-Magnon forefathers, you wouldn't be here. You owe me!... I accept Bitcoins... :lol:
:lol:

I hope you are getting my point Sertorio. It is like the internet is getting to be A kid can be rotten as a child then grow up to be a good person. If records are kept from the time they were kids then the amount they could change is very limited.

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

cassowary

Re: Surviving a Uyghur Concentration Camp in China

Post by cassowary » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:52 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:02 pm
Doc wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:47 am
Sertorio wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:28 am
Doc wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:14 am
Sertorio wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:47 am
Doc wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:53 am

How Portugal silenced ‘centuries of violence and trauma

We are very much aware of our shameful role in the slave trade between Africa and America. We also know that all the slaves who existed in Portugal in the 19th century were absorbed in our genetic pool, and that therefore many of us have slave ancestors. That assimilation and ancestry make sure that we can never ignore slavery in Portugal. Slaves are us and we are them, forever.
Re-read the headline
I'm baffled. We do not silence it. We just refuse to stand still somewhere in the 19th century. It's just as we treated Jews in the end of the 15th century. We misbehaved, we forced them to become Christian, and now at least 25% of us have Jewish ancestors. We do not mummify our minorities, we integrate and absorb them. Some people may feel that we should have preserved those minorities untouched, to make sure that cleavages would never disappear. But we prefer to treat that problem dialectically. Through synthesis. That's how we solve racism and discrimination.
I am part neanderthal. Your people made an almost complete genocide against my people. Where are my reparations?
If one of your Neanderthal ancestors had not been screwed by one of my Cro-Magnon forefathers, you wouldn't be here. You owe me!... I accept Bitcoins... :lol:
hahaha
The Imp :D