Biden conducts a press conference without screwing up.

Discussion of current events
Sertorio

Re: Biden conducts a press conference without screwing up.

Post by Sertorio » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:44 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:35 pm
Milo wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:21 pm
They accuse Biden of going senile because they are his political opponents and American law allows such defamatory speech with no downside of any significance to them.
Thanks for reminding me, Milo.
Another possibility is that he really is senile...

Doc

Post by Doc » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:16 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:22 pm
Doc wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:29 pm

DId you actually watch Biden's press conference?
Well, no Doc.
HE had pre-submitted questions with the answers on the back of each page where the question was written. They gave him a picture book of the reporters present so he knew which ones to call on for them to ask him the question ha had on paper in front of him. . And even with that at one point he gave the answer for the wrong question.
Good! It minimises the possibly that he would utter misinformation that might prove politically embarrasing to his administration and perplexing to the public. Not to mention misleading foreign governments monitoring his every word for signs of shifts and changes in policy direction into making the wrong responses. Were I in his shoes I would, for preserving the integrity of my message, want to undertake such a stage managed press conference also.
The message he sent was weakness.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:05 pm

Doc wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:16 pm
neverfail wrote:
Doc wrote:

Well, no Doc.
HE had pre-submitted questions with the answers on the back of each page where the question was written. They gave him a picture book of the reporters present so he knew which ones to call on for them to ask him the question ha had on paper in front of him. . And even with that at one point he gave the answer for the wrong question.
Good! It minimises the possibly that he would utter misinformation that might prove politically embarrasing to his administration and perplexing to the public. Not to mention misleading foreign governments monitoring his every word for signs of shifts and changes in policy direction into making the wrong responses. Were I in his shoes I would, for preserving the integrity of my message, want to undertake such a stage managed press conference also.
I agree that it could certainly be construed that way Doc but equally it could be seen as caution, prudence.

It depends on how you look at it.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:03 am

neverfail wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:05 pm
Doc wrote:
neverfail wrote:
Doc wrote:

Well, no Doc.
I agree that it could certainly be construed that way Doc but equally it could be seen as caution, prudence.

Why you waste your time defending Biden beats me.

Doc

Post by Doc » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:07 am

neverfail wrote:
Doc wrote:
neverfail wrote:
Doc wrote:

Well, no Doc.

How do you think Xi, Putin, the Iranians and Kim are looking at it? Plus Biden made a lot of campaign promises then has ended up not undoing everything Trump did like he promised. On the other hand he did not buy any of them "friendship bracelets" like he did for Obama.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Milo

Post by Milo » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:26 am

Sertorio wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:03 am
neverfail wrote:
Doc wrote:
neverfail wrote:
Doc wrote:

Well, no Doc.

Collusion!

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:34 am

Milo wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:26 am
Sertorio wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:03 am
neverfail wrote:
Doc wrote:
neverfail wrote:
Doc wrote:

Well, no Doc.

Collusion!
Or maybe fear of the dark...