I fear for the future

Discussion of current events
User avatar
Doc
Posts: 5286
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: I fear for the future

Post by Doc » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:58 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:52 am
Doc wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:57 am
Sertorio wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:09 am
cassowary wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:32 pm
Putin simply calculated that it is better to make China an ally than risk their anger by cozying up to the West. Russia has a long border with China in sparsely population Siberia which China wants back. The only reason China is not doing nasty things to Russia is because it sees America as the main threat. Once it kicks America out from the Western Pacific, it will turn against Russia. Then Russia will cozy up to the West.
Sometimes I wonder whether you are truly Chinese since you seem to be incapable of understanding China. The only thing China is against is the US presence and influence in East/South East Asia. Once that settled China will not be against anything, and it will be very much in favour of peaceful coexistence and trade in order to improve the standard of living of the Chinese people. Of course the Chinese will always take advantage of other peoples' lack of economic skill in order to get richer, but those who are economically competent have nothing to fear from China.
In that vien can I wonder if you are a member of the human race? :roll:

You are delusional Sertorio in your belief of CCP benevolence . The leadership of the CCP is both foolish and self serving at the same time. Their message in Alaska was that the CCP will no longer follow international rules of behavior. Not that they ever particularly followed those rules. Just that they are so arrogant that they actually believe they can pull off CCP world hegemony without causing a catastrophe for the human race.

Taiwan is today's 1938 Czechoslovakia.
The US has as much right to interfere with the issues of Taiwan, Hong Kong, the Uighurs and Tibet as China would have the right to interfere with the illegal take over of Hawaii by the US, the genocide against native Americans, their seclusion in reservations or the racist killings in the US. In international relations the golden rule is respect for other countries sovereignty and the use of diplomacy in settling conflicts. But the US only knows one rule: "Might is Right". Except that the US is no longer mighty enough to do as it pleases...
What is going on in China under the CCP regime is On going GENOCIDE. Are you a Genocide denier ? Taiwan is a US ally. The South China Sea has been ruled by the World Court not to belong to China.But the CCP clearly believes that MIGHT IS RIGHT in ignoring the world in this.

The CCP Virus looks to be an attempt at a Bio Warfare weapon that leaked out a a poorly run lab.

Honestly I am thinking of suing the CCP. They are a political party not a government and therefore do not fall under sovereign immunity. I think everyone in the world should sue.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 4764
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: I fear for the future

Post by cassowary » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:14 pm

neverfail wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:18 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:52 am
Sometimes I wonder whether you are truly Chinese since you seem to be incapable of understanding China. The only thing China is against is the US presence and influence in East/South East Asia. Once that settled China will not be against anything, and it will be very much in favour of peaceful coexistence and trade in order to improve the standard of living of the Chinese people.
When are you going to give up living in your world of make-believe, Sertorio?

It is not even that Cassowary does not understand China. It is you YOU with your fastasising of the socialist paradise to come who seems intentionally blind to the abuse and misuse of power in places like China and Russia.
That is why I think Sertorio needs a shrink. When people refuses to see the truth, it means that there is an emotional reason behind it. The truth hurts. Admitting the truth is too painful. So they believe in lies. What is it, Sertorio?
The Imp :D

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 4828
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: I fear for the future

Post by Sertorio » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:05 am

neverfail wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:18 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:52 am
Sometimes I wonder whether you are truly Chinese since you seem to be incapable of understanding China. The only thing China is against is the US presence and influence in East/South East Asia. Once that settled China will not be against anything, and it will be very much in favour of peaceful coexistence and trade in order to improve the standard of living of the Chinese people.
When are you going to give up living in your world of make-believe, Sertorio?

It is not even that Cassowary does not understand China. It is you YOU with your fastasising of the socialist paradise to come who seems intentionally blind to the abuse and misuse of power in places like China and Russia.

You should instead take heed of the truism "'Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.'"

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/abs ... utely.html

Ever heard of that phrase Sertorio? Well, now that you have you can forever give up on your childish make-believe that countries ruled by authoritarian power structures like China and Russia are ever going to make this world a better place.

(I am not impressed that up to one in ten Chinese are members of the CCP either. That just means that the corruption that comes with non-accountable absolute power is diffused somewhat more widely throughout mainland Chinese society.)
What we are witnessing is another struggle for top spot in the world, in this case between the US and China. And we see that the US is the declining power, incapable of maintaining its hegemony, and China is the rising power, capable of pushing the adversary out of Asia. In this struggle you decided to take the side of the loosing party, and I am more sympathetic to a China which is less aggressive and arrogant than the US. In the end I will be happier and you will have to get used not being part of the master ethnic group anymore...

neverfail
Posts: 6593
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: I fear for the future

Post by neverfail » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:34 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:05 am


What we are witnessing is another struggle for top spot in the world, in this case between the US and China. And we see that the US is the declining power, ....
Is it? The obvious weakness of the USA seems to be its politics. Politics alone does not a country make.
In this struggle you decided to take the side of the loosing party,....
Our choice of the USA has nothing to do with whether it is a "rising" or a "losing" power in the World and everything to do with the fact that its values more closely allign with ours that those of the Beijing control freaks ever could.

....and I am more sympathetic to a China which is less aggressive and arrogant than the US.
OH sure! The PRC has been meek and humble in its dealings abroad (not at home) over decades past as a propaganda tool to lull rivals off guard and win the sympathy of foreign fools abroad - such as yourself. That is changing now that the PRC has become stronger and more confident (or rather, because the USA has lost respect worldwide principly because of its internal conflicts and resultant outrageous politics). No need for the PRC to pretend to be nice any longer. It you cannot see through the ruse by now Sertorio then you must be even more devoid of worldly shrewdness, more prone to indulge in romantic make believe, than I formerly believed.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 4828
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: I fear for the future

Post by Sertorio » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:32 pm

neverfail wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:34 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:05 am


What we are witnessing is another struggle for top spot in the world, in this case between the US and China. And we see that the US is the declining power, ....
Is it? The obvious weakness of the USA seems to be its politics. Politics alone does not a country make.
In this struggle you decided to take the side of the loosing party,....
Our choice of the USA has nothing to do with whether it is a "rising" or a "losing" power in the World and everything to do with the fact that its values more closely allign with ours that those of the Beijing control freaks ever could.

....and I am more sympathetic to a China which is less aggressive and arrogant than the US.
OH sure! The PRC has been meek and humble in its dealings abroad (not at home) over decades past as a propaganda tool to lull rivals off guard and win the sympathy of foreign fools abroad - such as yourself. That is changing now that the PRC has become stronger and more confident (or rather, because the USA has lost respect worldwide principly because of its internal conflicts and resultant outrageous politics). No need for the PRC to pretend to be nice any longer. It you cannot see through the ruse by now Sertorio then you must be even more devoid of worldly shrewdness, more prone to indulge in romantic make believe, than I formerly believed.
Five thousand years of Chinese history tell us that China is not an expansionist country, while 250 years of American history have shown us that the US is an aggressive country peopled by violent and aggressive people which desires to dominate the world in order to exploit it.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 4828
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: I fear for the future

Post by Sertorio » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:52 am

“We do not believe in invading through the use of force, or to topple other regimes through various means, or to massacre the people of other countries because all of those would only cause turmoil and instability in this world. And at the end of the day, all of those would not serve the United States well,” Wang said.

https://asiatimes.com/2021/03/china-sho ... ddle-east/
I doubt Wang would think that the same type of actions would serve China better than it would serve the US...

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 5286
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: I fear for the future

Post by Doc » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:19 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:52 am
“We do not believe in invading through the use of force, or to topple other regimes through various means, or to massacre the people of other countries because all of those would only cause turmoil and instability in this world. And at the end of the day, all of those would not serve the United States well,” Wang said.

https://asiatimes.com/2021/03/china-sho ... ddle-east/
I doubt Wang would think that the same type of actions would serve China better than it would serve the US...
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 4828
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: I fear for the future

Post by Sertorio » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:13 am

Doc wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:58 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:52 am

The US has as much right to interfere with the issues of Taiwan, Hong Kong, the Uighurs and Tibet as China would have the right to interfere with the illegal take over of Hawaii by the US, the genocide against native Americans, their seclusion in reservations or the racist killings in the US. In international relations the golden rule is respect for other countries sovereignty and the use of diplomacy in settling conflicts. But the US only knows one rule: "Might is Right". Except that the US is no longer mighty enough to do as it pleases...
What is going on in China under the CCP regime is On going GENOCIDE. Are you a Genocide denier ? Taiwan is a US ally. The South China Sea has been ruled by the World Court not to belong to China.But the CCP clearly believes that MIGHT IS RIGHT in ignoring the world in this.

The CCP Virus looks to be an attempt at a Bio Warfare weapon that leaked out a a poorly run lab.

Honestly I am thinking of suing the CCP. They are a political party not a government and therefore do not fall under sovereign immunity. I think everyone in the world should sue.
The US can only be allied with a sovereign state, which Taiwan is not. By having recognized the "one China" concept the US has recognized that Taiwan is not a sovereign state. What would you say if China considered itself as the ally of the Hawaiians who demand the independence of Hawaii?

China has never claimed the South China Sea, only the rights associated to sovereignty over land (islands) situated there. Freedom of navigation (outside the 12 nautical mile limit) is guaranteed by China.

There is no ongoing genocide in China. Probably Uyghurs feel safer in China than black people in the US...

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 5286
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: I fear for the future

Post by Doc » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:12 am

Sertorio wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:13 am
Doc wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:58 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:52 am

The US has as much right to interfere with the issues of Taiwan, Hong Kong, the Uighurs and Tibet as China would have the right to interfere with the illegal take over of Hawaii by the US, the genocide against native Americans, their seclusion in reservations or the racist killings in the US. In international relations the golden rule is respect for other countries sovereignty and the use of diplomacy in settling conflicts. But the US only knows one rule: "Might is Right". Except that the US is no longer mighty enough to do as it pleases...
What is going on in China under the CCP regime is On going GENOCIDE. Are you a Genocide denier ? Taiwan is a US ally. The South China Sea has been ruled by the World Court not to belong to China.But the CCP clearly believes that MIGHT IS RIGHT in ignoring the world in this.

The CCP Virus looks to be an attempt at a Bio Warfare weapon that leaked out a a poorly run lab.

Honestly I am thinking of suing the CCP. They are a political party not a government and therefore do not fall under sovereign immunity. I think everyone in the world should sue.
The US can only be allied with a sovereign state, which Taiwan is not. By having recognized the "one China" concept the US has recognized that Taiwan is not a sovereign state. What would you say if China considered itself as the ally of the Hawaiians who demand the independence of Hawaii?

China has never claimed the South China Sea, only the rights associated to sovereignty over land (islands) situated there. Freedom of navigation (outside the 12 nautical mile limit) is guaranteed by China.

There is no ongoing genocide in China. Probably Uyghurs feel safer in China than black people in the US...
AT the time the US switched the CCP agreed to the two systems Just like they agreed with the UK over Hong Kong. We all know how the latter worked out. ANd I did not see the CCP objecting over Hong Kong being given access to the world's banking system and favorable treatment in it by the US
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 4828
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: I fear for the future

Post by Sertorio » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:17 am

Doc wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:12 am
Sertorio wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:13 am
Doc wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:58 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:52 am

The US has as much right to interfere with the issues of Taiwan, Hong Kong, the Uighurs and Tibet as China would have the right to interfere with the illegal take over of Hawaii by the US, the genocide against native Americans, their seclusion in reservations or the racist killings in the US. In international relations the golden rule is respect for other countries sovereignty and the use of diplomacy in settling conflicts. But the US only knows one rule: "Might is Right". Except that the US is no longer mighty enough to do as it pleases...
What is going on in China under the CCP regime is On going GENOCIDE. Are you a Genocide denier ? Taiwan is a US ally. The South China Sea has been ruled by the World Court not to belong to China.But the CCP clearly believes that MIGHT IS RIGHT in ignoring the world in this.

The CCP Virus looks to be an attempt at a Bio Warfare weapon that leaked out a a poorly run lab.

Honestly I am thinking of suing the CCP. They are a political party not a government and therefore do not fall under sovereign immunity. I think everyone in the world should sue.
The US can only be allied with a sovereign state, which Taiwan is not. By having recognized the "one China" concept the US has recognized that Taiwan is not a sovereign state. What would you say if China considered itself as the ally of the Hawaiians who demand the independence of Hawaii?

China has never claimed the South China Sea, only the rights associated to sovereignty over land (islands) situated there. Freedom of navigation (outside the 12 nautical mile limit) is guaranteed by China.

There is no ongoing genocide in China. Probably Uyghurs feel safer in China than black people in the US...
AT the time the US switched the CCP agreed to the two systems Just like they agreed with the UK over Hong Kong. We all know how the latter worked out. ANd I did not see the CCP objecting over Hong Kong being given access to the world's banking system and favorable treatment in it by the US
The US cannot recognize the right to self-determination to the Taiwanese and deny it to the people of Crimea... But by now we are used to the peculiar way Americans decide what is right and what is wrong...

Post Reply