I fear for the future

Discussion of current events
cassowary

I fear for the future

Post by cassowary » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:30 pm

Our Growing China Problem
Over the years, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has expanded its economy and military relentlessly, intending to supplant America in world prominence. And now, with a doddering and corrupt Joe Biden in the Oval Office, the CCP may be in a position to make their boldest moves yet.

The CCP's goal has been to defeat the U.S. through countless attacks below the threshold of war. They use our openness against us for intellectual and economic theft. So far, their strategy has been to gradually grow their strength while weakening us through a myriad of cyberattacks and other actions below the level that would prompt a kinetic military response. It is a stratagem of war by other means worthy of Sun Tzu.
I would like to add that the policies persued by the Democrats weaken the US. The hope for an American recovery with Trump's election in 2016 has now evaporated as America under an undivided Democrat ruled government will implement policies that accelerate American decline.

1)Higher taxes will hurt businesses.
2)Bailing out welfare ridden over spending blue states
3)letting in poorly educated illegals for the (thinly veiled) purpose of getting future voters
4)strangling the oil and gas industry which may make the US dependent on foreign oil

What will happen?

Unfortunately, China will supplant the US in East Asia. This means a reversal of democracy all over the world especially in East Asia. Taiwan will fall because the US won't be strong enough to defend it. Thai, Indonesian, Filipino generals may stage coups in the not unreasonable expectation of getting support from China. Even my Singapore may see the return of strong man rule.

That's what the China century will look like.

It is in China's interests to see the decline of democracy. After the defeat of the USSR in the Cold War, the CCP was worried. It felt vulnerable as democracy swept throughout the world. It hunkered down and developed China's economy. But it slowly undemined the US, using its open system against it. It cheated on trade, stole intellectual property and did anything to undermine the US. It was war by stealth. Now it has almost won. We got a doddering, senile man in the White House.

The US press corp all failed to highlight the danger. Instead it focused on "woke" culture like whether trans men can go into female toilets. It focused on made up stories of racism when there was none.

................................................................................................................................

I want you to watch this:

Its about Guojian, the King of Yue. He was defeated by the King of Wu and had to serve him in court as his slave. But he was so obsequious that the King of Wu was totally deceived. So he was allowed to return to Yue and became his vassal. But Guojian plotted his revenge. When Wu was vulnerable, he attacked and won.

The CCP did a Guojian on the west. They conned you guys.
The Imp :D

Jim the Moron

Re: I fear for the future

Post by Jim the Moron » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:46 pm

cassowary wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:30 pm
Over the years, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has expanded its economy and military relentlessly, intending to supplant America in world prominence. And now, with a doddering and corrupt Joe Biden in the Oval Office, the CCP may be in a position to make their boldest moves yet.

The CCP's goal has been to defeat the U.S. through countless attacks below the threshold of war. They use our openness against us for intellectual and economic theft. So far, their strategy has been to gradually grow their strength while weakening us through a myriad of cyberattacks and other actions below the level that would prompt a kinetic military response. It is a stratagem of war by other means worthy of Sun Tzu.
I would like to add that the policies persued by the Democrats weaken the US. The hope for an American recovery with Trump's election in 2016 has now evaporated as America under an undivided Democrat ruled government will implement policies that accelerate American decline.

3)letting in poorly educated illegals for the (thinly veiled) purpose of getting future voters
4)strangling the oil and gas industry which may make the US dependent on foreign oil

What will happen?

Unfortunately, China will supplant the US in East Asia. This means a reversal of democracy all over the world especially in East Asia. Taiwan will fall because the US won't be strong enough to defend it. Thai, Indonesian, Filipino generals may stage coups in the not unreasonable expectation of getting support from China. Even my Singapore may see the return of strong man rule.

It is in China's interests to see the decline of democracy. After the defeat of the USSR in the Cold War, the CCP was worried. It felt vulnerable as democracy swept throughout the world. It hunkered down and developed China's economy. But it slowly undemined the US, using its open system against it. It cheated on trade, stole intellectual property and did anything to undermine the US. It was war by stealth. Now it has almost won. We got a doddering, senile man in the White House.

The US press corp all failed to highlight the danger. Instead it focused on "woke" culture like whether trans men can go into female toilets. It focused on made up stories of racism when there was none.

................................................................................................................................

Its about Guojian, the King of Yue. He was defeated by the King of Wu and had to serve him in court as his slave. But he was so obsequious that the King of Wu was totally deceived. So he was allowed to return to Yue and became his vassal. But Guojian plotted his revenge. When Wu was vulnerable, he attacked and won.

Ref the video - worthwhile bit of hisory.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:02 pm

Dear Cass, that American Stinker (officially, American Thinker) website seems typical of the right wing American websites that I will bet you gather your misinformation from and which, thrives from the gloomy position that the USA is in the throes of decline: with a readership as meltally ill as the minds of the website authors. Reading them as though this and the others were infallible sources of holy writ is only going to add to your sense of gloom.

The only thing that I find wanting is that ever since the collapse of the Soviet Union back in 1991 the USA has been adrift in policy direction with an unbroken string of incumbents in the White House whose gradations of mediocracy is (or should be) so obvious that you surely could not consider a single one of them as having been real leaders. I excluse the present incumbent but only for the sake of giving Joe Biden the benefit of the doubt - as POTUS he is yet to prove himself one way or the other.

The USA, as one of our local pundits pointed out recently, has had a past history of re-inventing itself but it seems to take a good crisis to prompt it to do so. Let us hope that this will prove to be the case again: the challenge of a strong China will finally goad it into overriding the web of interests tat oppose change from within and that America will finally reform itself.

Pray to God that this country will get real leadership.
..................................................................................................................................

Please Cass, for your own good please pull your eyes away from your computer screen and learn to do a little reflective thinking for yourself - instead of permitting the online American bullshit peddlers do all of your thinking for you.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:20 am

neverfail wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:02 pm
Dear Cass, that American Stinker (officially, American Thinker) website seems typical of the right wing American websites that I will bet you gather your misinformation from and which, thrives from the gloomy position that the USA is in the throes of decline: with a readership as meltally ill as the minds of the website authors. Reading them as though this and the others were infallible sources of holy writ is only going to add to your sense of gloom.

The only thing that I find wanting is that ever since the collapse of the Soviet Union back in 1991 the USA has been adrift in policy direction with an unbroken string of incumbents in the White House whose gradations of mediocracy is (or should be) so obvious that you surely could not consider a single one of them as having been real leaders. I excluse the present incumbent but only for the sake of giving Joe Biden the benefit of the doubt - as POTUS he is yet to prove himself one way or the other.

The USA, as one of our local pundits pointed out recently, has had a past history of re-inventing itself but it seems to take a good crisis to prompt it to do so. Let us hope that this will prove to be the case again: the challenge of a strong China will finally goad it into overriding the web of interests tat oppose change from within and that America will finally reform itself.

..................................................................................................................................

Please Cass, for your own good please pull your eyes away from your computer screen and learn to do a little reflective thinking for yourself - instead of permitting the online American bullshit peddlers do all of your thinking for you.
You are so afraid of the consequences of it being true, that you refuse the see the signs of American decadence. The US has lost all cohesion, its people are deeply divided, the obsession with Empire has prevented the US paying attention to its people's needs. A broken country can and will be easily defeated by self assured nations, such as China and even Russia. The problem is that being beaten is such an abhorrent idea for most Americans that they risk having recourse to nuclear weapons to try and stop the inevitable defeat. If they do most Americans and many Chinese and Russians will die, and we will need a century to recover from such disaster. The only way to prevent that disaster is for the allies of the US to turn their backs on America, making it clear that Americans are on their own and will have to suffer alone the consequences of their madness.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:09 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:46 pm
cassowary wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:30 pm

What will happen?

Ref the video - worthwhile bit of hisory.
Guojian, according to the video, even tasted the King of Wu's shit to convince him of his loyalty.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:10 am

neverfail wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:02 pm

Instead of simply dismissing any opinion that comes from the right, why don't you discuss with me on the things it said and the things I added in my post?

Milo

Post by Milo » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:19 am

Looks like the collusion between Republicans and Russia is firmly entrenched now.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:17 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:20 am
You are so afraid of the consequences of it being true, that you refuse the see the signs of American decadence. The US has lost all cohesion, its people are deeply divided, the obsession with Empire has prevented the US paying attention to its people's needs. A broken country can and will be easily defeated by self assured nations, such as China and even Russia.
What I know is twofold:

1. The USA is in no worse a state now than I recall it being back in the 1960's - and that is half a century ago and still counting.

2. In my lifetime I have not witnessed the USA undergo an experience equivalent to that of the meltdown collapse of the USSR and the serial floundering of the fledgling Russian Federation during Boris (the drunkard) Yeltsin's watch that followed. It you want to examine a historically recent exercise in decline and fall then undertake a study on Russia. Vladimar Putin might have brought a temporary stop to the process of Russian decay yet I fear that the seeds of the ultimate self-destruction of Russian civilisation are still there - only awaiting the right conditions to germinate all over again.

China is a different matter. The PRC will outlast Russia but all things of this earth eventually come to an end: especially contrived power structures. Even the PRC has no patent to immortality.

Why did God permit a power like the PRC to rise? Very likely because from time to time the USA needs a good challenge to open eyes to the error of its ways.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:22 pm

cassowary wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:10 am
Instead of simply dismissing any opinion that comes from the right, why don't you discuss with me on the things it said and the things I added in my post?
Because I know from years of past experience that I would only be hitting my head against a brick wall if I tried.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:24 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:17 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:20 am
You are so afraid of the consequences of it being true, that you refuse the see the signs of American decadence. The US has lost all cohesion, its people are deeply divided, the obsession with Empire has prevented the US paying attention to its people's needs. A broken country can and will be easily defeated by self assured nations, such as China and even Russia.
What I know is twofold:

1. The USA is in no worse a state now than I recall it being back in the 1960's - and that is half a century ago and still counting.

2. In my lifetime I have not witnessed the USA undergo an experience equivalent to that of the meltdown collapse of the USSR and the serial floundering of the fledgling Russian Federation during Boris (the drunkard) Yeltsin's watch that followed. It you want to examine a historically recent exercise in decline and fall then undertake a study on Russia. Vladimar Putin might have brought a temporary stop to the process of Russian decay yet I fear that the seeds of the ultimate self-destruction of Russian civilisation are still there - only awaiting the right conditions to germinate all over again.

China is a different matter. The PRC will outlast Russia but all things of this earth eventually come to an end: especially contrived power structures. Even the PRC has no patent to immortality.

Why did God permit a power like the PRC to rise? Very likely because from time to time the USA needs a good challenge to open eyes to the error of its ways.
Neither God nor Jupiter nor Wotan had anything to do with China's rise. It was all the doing of the Chinese people, with their culture, their hard work, their intelligence. What I don't understand is why you, an Australian, feel it to be your duty to defend the US, even when its actions are malignant...