Discussion of current events
cassowary

Re: How Much to Oppose Islam?

Post by cassowary » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:50 pm

neverfail wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:42 pm
cassowary wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:24 am

Yes. that is true. I am living with three of them. They are good girls. But we don't know which ones are the bad ones who might kill you. Besides, their faith makes them backwards and holds the country back. Over here, they lag behind in education, insist on Sharia courts. Special provisions have to be made for them.
Cassowary;

I recall in past exchanges on this website you compared Islam to the old heathen religion of theinhabitants of Scandinavia: a warrior religion. (They became Vikings only when they went roving abroad seeking adventure and spoils). This propensity to give up on peaceful pursuits like farming and fishing at home from time to time and put their lives at risk at sea and on foreign shores was apparently driven by their religious conviction that Valhalla, inclusion in the hall of the gods forever in the afterlife, awaits the man who died with a sword in his hand.

Well, their descendents today are not a bit like the bloodthirsty savages their ancestors of 1,200 to 1,400 yeas ago are rembered as being. Todays Scandanavian peoples are considered as highly civilised. What facilitated that change? The gradual acceptance of Christianity by their Viking forebears.

Just try to imagine what could happen is the Islamic bloc could likewise be persuaded to become Christian? It gives you food for thought?
Yes. I totally agree with you. If the Muslims can convert to Christianity, the world will become more peaceful and also richer. Muslims will focus on peaceful pursuits instead of war. The muslim crescent from Middle East to Pakistan will prosper. Their way of thinking will change. Immediately, there will be peace between Arabs and Israelis.

No longer will they believe that Muslims are destined the massacre Jews before Judgement day as prophesized by Mohammed. Pakistan will also make peace with India and trade will flourish.

Islam's bloody borders
“Islam's borders are bloody and so are its innards. The fundamental problem for the West is not Islamic fundamentalism. It is Islam, a different civilisation whose people are convinced of the superiority of their culture and are obsessed with the inferiority of their power.” ... Samuel Huntingdon
The Imp :D

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:16 am

cassowary wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:50 pm
neverfail wrote:

Just try to imagine what could happen is the Islamic bloc could likewise be persuaded to become Christian? It gives you food for thought?
Yes. I totally agree with you. If the Muslims can convert to Christianity, the world will become more peaceful and also richer. Muslims will focus on peaceful pursuits instead of war. The muslim crescent from Middle East to Pakistan will prosper. Their way of thinking will change. Immediately, there will be peace between Arabs and Israelis.

No longer will they believe that Muslims are destined the massacre Jews before Judgement day as prophesized by Mohammed. Pakistan will also make peace with India and trade will flourish.
You guys are crazy! Christians - some Christians - may be today less bloodthirsty than most Muslims, but both still dream of imposing their fantasies on the rest of us. Hopefully the day will come when both Christians and Muslims will realize that there is no supreme spirit whatsoever, and that it is up to us to follow an ethic path which will make the world a more peaceful place for all who inhabit it. The material world - with its consciousness (r)evolution - is all we have, and all we need, provided we make an effort to understand it.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:49 am

Sertorio wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:16 am
cassowary wrote:
neverfail wrote:

You guys are crazy! Christians - some Christians - may be today less bloodthirsty than most Muslims, but both still dream of imposing their fantasies on the rest of us. Hopefully the day will come when both Christians and Muslims will realize that there is no supreme spirit whatsoever, and that it is up to us to follow an ethic path which will make the world a more peaceful place for all who inhabit it. The material world - with its consciousness (r)evolution - is all we have, and all we need, provided we make an effort to understand it.
But you atheists ended up killing nearly 100 million people in the 20th century.

The Black Book of Communism

Even now, you support thugs like Putin and Xi. What ethics are you talking about? The ethics of Attila the Hun? Adolph Hitler? Joe Stalin?

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:03 am

cassowary wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:49 am
Sertorio wrote:
cassowary wrote:
neverfail wrote:

But you atheists ended up killing nearly 100 million people in the 20th century.

Even now, you support thugs like Putin and Xi. What ethics are you talking about? The ethics of Attila the Hun? Adolph Hitler? Joe Stalin?
Even if all communists are atheists, the fact is that not all atheists are communist. Personally I never killed anybody, not even a fanatic Christian... :D As to my ethics, I have no doubt that they are a lot firmer and sounder than yours, who worship capital and capitalism...

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:03 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:03 am
cassowary wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
cassowary wrote:
neverfail wrote:

Even if all communists are atheists, the fact is that not all atheists are communist. Personally I never killed anybody, not even a fanatic Christian... :D As to my ethics, I have no doubt that they are a lot firmer and sounder than yours, who worship capital and capitalism...
Your ethics can’t be any good when you support thugs Putin and Xi.

Doc

Post by Doc » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:04 pm

cassowary wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
cassowary wrote:
neverfail wrote:

157 Million. IF you don't count the 20 million the Nazis murdered. And these deaths were just murders not war deaths
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:54 pm

cassowary wrote:

Islam's bloody borders
“Islam's borders are bloody and so are its innards. The fundamental problem for the West is not Islamic fundamentalism. It is Islam, a different civilisation whose people are convinced of the superiority of their culture and are obsessed with the inferiority of their power.” ... Samuel Huntingdon
Well, that raises the matter of how to bring it about.

The Vikings of yore gradually converted to Christianity through contact with already Christian peoples to their south. They began as opportunist raiders for plunder; graduated into invaders and settlers; then discovered they could gain more through peaceful commerce and trade. The trade ties led them to an interest in the religion of those they were trading with.

In Iceland it seems that their own Irish slaves aroused their interest in Christian beliefs and concepts. Norsemen liked to pass away the winter months recounting their sagas and legends and apparently sometimes asked their slaves to speak up too.

The point was Cass that the former Vikings became Christian by choice. They were laudably tolerant: even when a community became predominantly Christian the Christian converts made no attempt to pressure or bully those still committed to the old Norse gods to convert but were content to coexist in the same communities with the holdouts apparently on amicable terms.

By contrast considerable rareas of present-day Germany had Christianity forced on them via invasion and conquest - specifically by Charlemange and his successor Holy Roman emperors as state policy for the purpose of consolidating the imperial grip on these lands and peoples. I believe that as a consequence a far more intolerant brand fo Christianity developed in Germany that later on spilled over, morphed into an intolerant sort of politics.

When religion becomes a matter of political power then what can you expect?

The moral to the story seems to be that how a people are introduced to Christianity counts for a lot.
.....................................................................................................................................

Considering how Muslims detest apostasy among their own to the point where one who changes from Islam to Christianity can invite a fatwa an edict that turns the convent into an outlaw with a price on his head it is hard to see how a move towards Christianity as of now. Furthermore in the traditional lands of Christendom thye faith has waned so much that a lot of repair/remedial work needs to be done there. Indeed, my belief is that Islam is presently creeping into these lands in response to the collapse of Christian committment in the West. Old time honoured pronciple of physical science goes "nature abhors a vacumn." That seems to be as true of a spiritual vacumn as a physical one.

You in your missionary land outpost might not be aware of this Cass but I am.

I may add a follow up post sharing some further thoughts with you on this.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:15 pm

neverfail wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:54 pm
Old time honoured pronciple of physical science goes "nature abhors a vacumn." That seems to be as true of a spiritual vacumn as a physical one.
A spiritual vacuum is a lot more tolerable than an intellectual vacuum... ;)

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:37 am

Sertorio wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:15 pm
neverfail wrote:
Old time honoured pronciple of physical science goes "nature abhors a vacumn." That seems to be as true of a spiritual vacumn as a physical one.
Trouble is that atheists fill their spiritual vaccum with Marxism, which killed more than 100 million people, according to Doc, who included the numbers Hitler killed.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:00 am

cassowary wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:37 am
Sertorio wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:15 pm
neverfail wrote:
Trouble is that atheists fill their spiritual vaccum with Marxism, which killed more than 100 million people, according to Doc, who included the numbers Hitler killed.
I have already said that I am not a Marxist. I have some books on Marxism in my library but none in my head... And I have no need to fill any spiritual vacuum, as there is no room in my head for any garbage of that type...