ISIS on the run under Trump

Discussion of current events
Jim the Moron

Re: ISIS on the run under Trump

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:04 am

Sertorio wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:58 am
SDF, the mostly Kurdish allies of the US led coalition in Syria, has signed an agreement with ISIS which may indicate how ISIS is enjoying the protection of the US:

https://southfront.org/text-of-alleged- ... ed-online/

This shows the American duplicity in the whole Syrian affair. In the end both US troops and its allies will be either expelled from Syria or militarily defeated, but meanwhile innocent people are being killed by the warmongers, and the terrorists are being kept active for the benefit of the twisted US foreign policy.
Although I am hardly an admirer of US ME foreign policy, I must say, Sertorio, that your source seemed more than a tad scurrilous. Then I read this:

"US to keep supporting SDF, including Kurds, in Syria"
http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/US-to- ... ria-515260

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:04 am

Jim the Moron wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:04 am

Although I am hardly an admirer of US ME foreign policy, I must say, Sertorio, that your source seemed more than a tad scurrilous. Then I read this:
Just as with about everything in the ME, the posted agreement may be a forgery. But it seems to fit with events taking place on southeastern Deir ez-Zor and with SDF's strategy of controlling oil fields in that region. So, I am inclined to believe the document is not a forgery.

Milo

Post by Milo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:35 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:04 am
Jim the Moron wrote:

Just as with about everything in the ME, the posted agreement may be a forgery. But it seems to fit with events taking place on southeastern Deir ez-Zor and with SDF's strategy of controlling oil fields in that region. So, I am inclined to believe the document is not a forgery.
Whoever wrote it didn't have access to a grammar checker! I think the US State Department has had those for a while now, also their first language is English.

But I know you have your instructions Ser.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:39 am

Milo wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:35 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:04 am
Jim the Moron wrote:

Whoever wrote it didn't have access to a grammar checker! I think the US State Department has had those for a while now, also their first language is English.

But I know you have your instructions Ser.
You have your shortcomings as a lawyer, Milo...

The original document was in Arabic, this was a translation, which may have been written by someone whose native language may not have been English... So, what do those grammar errors mean? That the document is a forgery?...