A bloodclot away from the presidency

Discussion of current events
Doc

A bloodclot away from the presidency

Post by Doc » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:23 am

“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Ellen

Re: A bloodclot away from the presidency

Post by Ellen » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:08 am

She won't be a blood clot away. She will BE the president, behind the scenes. Joe Biden is fading rapidly. By the end of his first year, if not sooner, she will be doing the work of the president, and he will be merely a facade. Sort of like Brezhnev in his later days. He would stand behind a podium giving a speech for television. Someone would stand behind him holding up his elbow to make him look alive.

Brezhnev was dour, simpleton. Biden is congenial and likes to smile. Will he end up projecting the smile of a fool, a clown, or an amiable dunce. For those who remember the Reagan years, that's what the liberal media called Reagan - an amiable dunce. But he lost his memory only at the end of his second term. I would wager that Biden will lose his marbles by the end of his first year.

Trump can still pull it out, if he would only stop saying stupid things and take credit for his successes in foreign policy, at least, where he can truly say that they were based on his own decisions and strategies.

Milo

Post by Milo » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:59 am

A charge is not conviction, as you reminded us countless times when Trump was impeached. On the other hand, if it is, then what is wrong with her accusing someone of a crime and ruining their life? That's what this meme of yours is trying to do to her, isn't it?

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:50 pm

I am almost (though not entirely) resigned to the spectre of anyone who becomes prominent in US politics being "damaged goods". Whoever they are there they always seems to attract some scandal or other that comes to the surface about their past conduct.

In recent memory regardless of whether Obama, Hillary, Biden, Trump or pence what impresses me about all of them is lack of character.

Why is it that the quest for high elected office in the US attracts such lamestible specimens?

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:04 pm

neverfail wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:50 pm
I am almost (though not entirely) resigned to the spectre of anyone who becomes prominent in US politics being "damaged goods". Whoever they are there they always seems to attract some scandal or other that comes to the surface about their past conduct.

In recent memory regardless of whether Obama, Hillary, Biden, Trump or pence what impresses me about all of them is lack of character.

Why is it that the quest for high elected office in the US attracts such lamestible specimens?
Probably because elections in the US are decided in accordance to how much money you got for your campaign. It is not the best candidate who wins, it's the one with most money to spend. What you should expect from a capitalist society where the only value is money...And since the most money is in the hands of the 1%, it's their candidates who mostly get elected. Result? Trump v Biden...

Doc

Post by Doc » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:25 pm

Ellen wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:08 am
She won't be a blood clot away. She will BE the president, behind the scenes. Joe Biden is fading rapidly. By the end of his first year, if not sooner, she will be doing the work of the president, and he will be merely a facade. Sort of like Brezhnev in his later days. He would stand behind a podium giving a speech for television. Someone would stand behind him holding up his elbow to make him look alive.

Brezhnev was dour, simpleton. Biden is congenial and likes to smile. Will he end up projecting the smile of a fool, a clown, or an amiable dunce. For those who remember the Reagan years, that's what the liberal media called Reagan - an amiable dunce. But he lost his memory only at the end of his second term. I would wager that Biden will lose his marbles by the end of his first year.

Trump can still pull it out, if he would only stop saying stupid things and take credit for his successes in foreign policy, at least, where he can truly say that they were based on his own decisions and strategies.
Not my idea but it has been suggested that Pelosi's call for enactment of the 25th amendment to remove trump is actually a dry run to remove Biden after the election. The law requires the VICE PRESIDENT to call for it. Mike Pence would not do that to Trump. If for no other reason that he wants th e support of Trump's base. Kamala Harris said a lot of very big whoppers during her debate with Pence. She has consistently throughout her career demonstrated she is not trust worthy. Gabbard's attack on her during the democrat debates are true. She did in effect make prison wild fire fire fighters slaves by getting their sentences extended beyond what they should have been so the State of California could save money (the prisoners made a dollar a day)

TO address two points Harris invoked Eric Gardner's name. TO be clear Eric Gardner died after Bill Deblasio ordered the police to crack down sellers of individual cigarettes(loosies) by harassing them because of lost tax revenues of $2.86 per pack of cigarettes. So he pretty much died for $2.86.

Second the senator from Colorado stated that "schools are still segregated" The idea of school choice is immensely popular among black families in our major cities. The Democrats are dead set against them because the teacher's unions are dead set against them. Therefore democrat party elected officials will do anything to get rid of private schools FOR BLACK PEOPLE..

Obama's former chief of staff and later Chicago's mayor closed schools in predominately black neighborhoods Forced grade school and up children to walk across different street gang boundary lines before and after school. I guess it is because democrats care about black lives so much.

Trump on the other hand had the lowest black unemployment EVER. The lowest Hispanic unemployment as well.

You say Trump is making mistakes. I say the game is rigged against Trump like no other presidential election in history and Trump is winning anyway.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Milo

Post by Milo » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:09 am

neverfail wrote:

I am not aware of any credible charges against Obama, Hillary, Biden or Pence.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:21 pm

Milo wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:09 am
Plenty of allegations of impropiety though!

Doc

Post by Doc » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:08 pm

Milo wrote:
neverfail wrote:

Not paying attention huh?

viewtopic.php?p=34461#p34461

armchair_pundit

Post by armchair_pundit » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:31 pm

Doc wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:08 pm
Milo wrote:
neverfail wrote:

Not paying attention huh?

viewtopic.php?p=34461#p34461
Paying attention? Please... Only to themselves...

Doc, remember what you are doing, and if you like it, have fun,