Trump nominated for Nobel Prize the second time this week

Discussion of current events
cassowary

Trump nominated for Nobel Prize the second time this week

Post by cassowary » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:14 pm

Trump nominated for fostering peace between Serbia and Kosovo]

Unlike the first nomination, the Serbs and Muslims in Kosovo were really fighting.

Will there be a third time for Israel-Bahrain?
The Imp :D

dagbay

Re: Trump nominated for Nobel Prize the second time this week

Post by dagbay » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:57 pm

Possibly two more Sudan? And Marrocco? Others?
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:00 pm

dagbay wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:57 pm
Possibly two more Sudan? And Marrocco? Others?
The big prize is Saudi Arabia. This might be coming. In last Friday’s sermon at the Mecca mosque, the Kutba was about being its ok to be friends with the Jews. Let me see if I can find the link.

Found it in 2 minutes.

https://www.algemeiner.com/2020/09/06/i ... ay-sermon/

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:42 pm

One thing I like about Trump is that he thinks out of the box. He does not stick to he old convention that you can't have peace between Arabs and Israelis till Israel makes peace with the Palestinians. This led to previous administrations pressing Israel for more and more concessions.

The Palestinians refused to budge. Their intransigence was rewarded with more concessions instead of being punished. The Palestinians still want to destroy Israel, thinking that time is on their side. So long as the Arab world sides with them, they won't budge.

So Trump decided to do the reverse. Get Israel to make peace with the Arab nations first. This will kick the prop that supports Palestinian hopes. But how?

Circumstances are right. The Gulf Arabs are afraid of Iran which has plans of dominating the Gulf. oBUMa, the coward, thought that the US should placate the Iranians with his stupid deal. This frightened the wits out of the Gulf Arabs and drove them closer to Israel.

When Trump took over, he tore up oBUMa's agreement. He also made the Gulf Arabs more comfortable about making peace with Israel. You see, since Anwar Sadat got knocked off for signing a peace treaty with Israel, all Arab dictators were scared of the extremist Muslims ie the Muslim Brotherhood who offed Sadat, al Qaeda, ISIS and the Iranian regime who are extremist Muslims too albeit of the Shiite flavor.

Trump destroyed ISIS in its territorial manifestation and killed Soleimani, the Shiite version of Osama bin Laden or al Baghdadi. This demonstrated to the Islamic fanatics of the Arab world that radical Islam may not be the answer. Cooling down the ardor for radical Islam the real Islam among the ME's medieval Muslims helped to calm the nerves of the rich, spoilt oil sheikhs. They now have a better chance of survival and keep their palaces and harems if they recognize Israel.

In addition, I suspect Trump did some arm twisting which he appears to be good at. If he can threaten to stop protecting NATO countries if they don't spend more $$$ on defense, he can also threaten to withdraw from the Gulf. After all, the US is energy independent now, thanks to his pro-fossil fuel policies. So who cares if the rich oil sheikhs keep their palaces and girls or not?

Let's see if the grand poo bah of the Arab world, Saudi Arabia, makes a peace deal with Israel. And when? Doing it before Nov 3rd will be great for Trump, perhaps enough to push him back into the White House.