Trump Nominated for Noble Peace Prize!

Discussion of current events
Ellen

Trump Nominated for Noble Peace Prize!

Post by Ellen » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:45 am

https://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-nom ... #gs.f3qvpf

Well, what do we all think of this? By facilitating the peace agreement between Israel and UAE, with many more Arab countries sure to follow, hasn't Trump earned his Noble Peace Prize? He has done more for peace than all the previous presidents combined going back to Jimmy Carter. And I think this peace agreement will be much more game-changing than the Camp David Accords in 1979, which actually did not change all that much.

Egypt made peace with Israel in 1979 because it was a failing state and needed the oil of Sinai and US foreign aid, and no more losing wars with Israel, in order to survive. UAE is not a failing state, but is surrounded by soon-to-be failing states (Saudi Arabia, Iran, and Iraq, and possibly Kuwait). Clearly, the Arab boycott of Israel has not produced anything good for the Arabs, except making them look petty, vindictive and chopping off their nose to spite their face. Meanwhile, Israel has become a regional superpower that can assist some of these states in building a modern, civilized society that offers something to its youth other than jihad.

In my view, Trump deserves the Nobel Peace Prize more than Obama ever did.

cassowary

Re: Trump Nominated for Noble Peace Prize!

Post by cassowary » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:08 am

Hi Ellen, I was just about to post this but you beat me to it. The bum Europeans hate Trump and so I don’t think he will win. He deserves the prize for this year. I can’t think Of anyone else furthering the cause of peace more than Trump this year.

His approach is the opposite of the anti Semitic oBUMa who bent over backwards to please Israel’s enemies and arm twisted Israel to make concessions.

He gave billions to Iran and curried favour with the Muslim Brotherhood. The oBUMs/Biden administration pulled out of Iraq prematurely and plunged the country into civil war which saw the “junior varsity “ team of ISIS captured half of Iraq.

Trump instead, ignored the Palestinians who still harbour hopes of destroying Israel. The canny President went over their heads to promote Peace between Israel and Arab countries.

This would not have been possible had Trump not have the balls to rub out Soleimani of Iran sending a message of American strength to the Mid East, a region which only understands raw power. He is telling America’s enemies, “Cross me and you will be barbecued like Soleimani.”

This strategy is bearing fruit. The UAE now recognises Israel. So does Kosovo. Not only that, but Kosovo also recognises Jerusalem as the capital, making it the first Muslim country to do so. If UAE does not suffer serious consequences for having diplomatic ties with Israel, other countries will follow suit.

Each time, a Muslim country opens an embassy in Israel, the bargaining power of the Palestinian Authority diminishes. Trump the businessman understands bargaining power.

He recognised Jerusalem as the capital, sending a message to the Palestinians, “We are not afraid of being punished by the Muslim world for recognising Jerusalem. Let’s see if they care that much for the Palestinians. Better settle now or you will get worse terms in the future.”

Predictions by leftists of riots in the Muslim world failed to materialise.

I expect the Palestinians will come to the table eventually. Their only hope is a Biden victory. Trump needs four more years to finish his work.
The Imp :D

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:29 am

cassowary wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:08 am
Hi Ellen, I was just about to post this but you beat me to it. The bum Europeans hate Trump and so I don’t think he will win. He deserves the prize for this year. I can’t think Of anyone else furthering the cause of peace more than Trump this year.

His approach is the opposite of the anti Semitic oBUMa who bent over backwards to please Israel’s enemies and arm twisted Israel to make concessions.

He gave billions to Iran and curried favour with the Muslim Brotherhood. The oBUMs/Biden administration pulled out of Iraq prematurely and plunged the country into civil war which saw the “junior varsity “ team of ISIS captured half of Iraq.

Trump instead, ignored the Palestinians who still harbour hopes of destroying Israel. The canny President went over their heads to promote Peace between Israel and Arab countries.

This would not have been possible had Trump not have the balls to rub out Soleimani of Iran sending a message of American strength to the Mid East, a region which only understands raw power. He is telling America’s enemies, “Cross me and you will be barbecued like Soleimani.”

This strategy is bearing fruit. The UAE now recognises Israel. So does Kosovo. Not only that, but Kosovo also recognises Jerusalem as the capital, making it the first Muslim country to do so. If UAE does not suffer serious consequences for having diplomatic ties with Israel, other countries will follow suit.

Each time, a Muslim country opens an embassy in Israel, the bargaining power of the Palestinian Authority diminishes. Trump the businessman understands bargaining power.

He recognised Jerusalem as the capital, sending a message to the Palestinians, “We are not afraid of being punished by the Muslim world for recognising Jerusalem. Let’s see if they care that much for the Palestinians. Better settle now or you will get worse terms in the future.”

I expect the Palestinians will come to the table eventually. Their only hope is a Biden victory. Trump needs four more years to finish his work.
Your insane discourse clearly shows why the US and all its allies are deeply hated by the decent peoples of the world. You will lose but it may cost the lives of hundreds of thousand of innocent people. Fortunately you are a Calvinist, so you already know to what hell you are going to be sent...

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:14 am

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:29 am
cassowary wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:08 am

Your insane discourse clearly shows why the US and all its allies are deeply hated by the decent peoples of the world. You will lose but it may cost the lives of hundreds of thousand of innocent people. Fortunately you are a Calvinist, so you already know to what hell you are going to be sent...
Why? What did I say that is not true? As for hell, you leftists created so many hells on earth - the killing fields of Cambodia, the Gulags, Mao's famine.

Milo

Post by Milo » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:12 am

After what Trump has done for Israel it is not surprising that Israelis sing his praises.

Unfortunately, Israelis do not vote in US Presidential elections.

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:20 am

Milo wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:12 am
After what Trump has done for Israel it is not surprising that Israelis sing his praises.

Obama won the Nobel peace prize for the mere fact of his existence. A Norwegian MP nominated Trump. Not because of Trump's political popularity or lack of it in some corners. But because of his accomplishments. SO is the Nobel Peace prize actually about peace or is it about political popularity (in some corners)? IF the prize committee was in Nazi Germany working in the exact manner as the committee in Norway has worked for the last 50 years Adolf Hitler no doubt would have won a Peace Prize for his agreement with Chamberland that HItler would be good.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:24 pm

Ellen wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:45 am
https://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-nom ... #gs.f3qvpf

Well, what do we all think of this? By facilitating the peace agreement between Israel and UAE, with many more Arab countries sure to follow, hasn't Trump earned his Noble Peace Prize? He has done more for peace than all the previous presidents combined going back to Jimmy Carter. And I think this peace agreement will be much more game-changing than the Camp David Accords in 1979, which actually did not change all that much.
Rubbish! Egyypt made peace because after the death of dictator Gamel Abdul Nasser, who was implacably anti-Isreal, his successor Anwar Sadat was a man of goodwill who was also visionary enough to see the futulity of his country continuing its hostility towards Israel (which had already led to two successive wars that Egypt and allies had lost). However, to make it politically possible to persue his peace initiave he had to initiate the 1973 Yom Kippur war to give his country a military victory over Israel (regardless of how temporary) to establish his credibility in the eyes of his countrymen and fellow Arabs. Without that war any peace intitiave towards Israel would have looked like outright capitulation to the enemy. For his acheivement he was assassanated by representatives of the Muslim Brotherhood who never wanted the peace treaty - the point being that if you lead a Muslim-Arab country and appear to be too friendly with Israel you invite being murdered - which I imagine would give you a strong incentive to remain anti-Israel.

And that, dear Ellen, is the likely reason why no subsequent Egyptian leader has expanded Egypt-Israel ties beyond the mere maintenance of that peace accord. Too dangerous for them to do so.

The day that Donald Trump does anything for the good of posterity (it's all about him, remember?) will be a first ever. But nevertheless Trump can be influenced. I have no doubt that the decision by Trump to facilitate this diplomatic deal viz Isreal and the UAE is a consequence of Trump's Jewish son-in-law Jared Corey Kushner (himself likely having been briefed beforehand by the Israel foreign ministry) wispering the suggestion in "daddy's" ear.

As for Jimmy Carter he was at least 100 times a better person than Donald Trump and far more deserving of a Nobel prise for his diplomatic acheivement.
Egypt made peace with Israel in 1979 because it was a failing state and needed the oil of Sinai and US foreign aid, and no more losing wars with Israel, in order to survive.

More rubbish! I do not know whether you are profoundly ignorent of the facts or whether in your euphoria are distorting the truth as political propaganda to place Trump high up on a pedestal as a gratituous reward for having done a favour for your beloved State of Israel: but allow me to reassure you that back in the 1970's Egypt was still a far more viable (and respected) state than now.

( I hope that you are aware that the Cold War was still raging at the time, Ellen?)

The reason for the diplomatic shift was that Nasser had formed a friendship with Soviet Union premier Nikita Khruschev that had nettted Egypt benefits such as the construction of their Aswan High dam (undertaken by Soviet technicians and work crews). Egypt has reaped econo0mic benefit from that gigantic dam ever since. But by the time that Anwar became leader (in Russia Khruschev had been replaced by the much more dour, unforthcoming Leoinid Breshnev) the Egyptian leader must have judged that by then they had pushed the USSR for as much aid-support as they were likely ever to get out of it so it was time to take Egypt's business elsewhere.

Luckily for Anwar and Egypt the USA, led at the time by Richard Nixon (he who took China out of the Communist bloc) and guided in foreign policy by Henry Kissenger was in a receptive state of mind to accommodate his shift. Subsequently Egypt became globally the second largest reciprient of US aid after Israel for decades after.

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:37 pm

Ah ha! neverfail reveals that the whole peace deal - UAE/Israel - was a Zionist plot (no doubt inspired by the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion") put together by the Israel foreign ministry and "Trump's Jewish son-in-law Jared Corey Kushner" and the Illuminati. We shouldn't be surprised to learn this, considering that the Trump hotel chain is a front for the real owners - the Rothschild family.

Milo

Post by Milo » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:00 pm

Doc wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:20 am
Milo wrote:

Obama won the Nobel peace prize for the mere fact of his existence. A Norwegian MP nominated Trump. Not because of Trump's political popularity or lack of it in some corners. But because of his accomplishments. SO is the Nobel Peace prize actually about peace or is it about political popularity (in some corners)? IF the prize committee was in Nazi Germany working in the exact manner as the committee in Norway has worked for the last 50 years Adolf Hitler no doubt would have won a Peace Prize for his agreement with Chamberland that HItler would be good.
Nobody needed any more evidence that the Nobel Peace Prize is a joke after Yassir Arafat got one.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:35 pm

Milo wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:00 pm
Doc wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:20 am
Milo wrote:

Nobody needed any more evidence that the Nobel Peace Prize is a joke after Yassir Arafat got one.
You are right. Besides this example of Noble Committee stupidity, there is awarding oBUMa the Nobel Peace Prize for doing exactly nothing.

The latter was worse. At least Arafat signed a peace treaty and it was a joint prize with Rabin. The Nobel Committee can be forgiven for being duped by Arafat. Peace looked promising at the time.

But oBUMa did nothing to receive the Prize.

Awarding Trump will restore the Prize’s worth and save it from ridicule.