Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Discussion of current events
User avatar
Milo
Posts: 2774
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Post by Milo » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:57 am

When alleged but well corroborated remarks like these match public statements, one must be inclined to believe them.
When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly” and that the Secret Service wouldn’t drive him there. Neither claim was true.

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.
“He can’t fathom the idea of doing something for someone other than himself,” one of Kelly’s friends, a retired four-star general, told me. “He just thinks that anyone who does anything when there’s no direct personal gain to be had is a sucker. There’s no money in serving the nation.” Kelly’s friend went on to say, “Trump can’t imagine anyone else’s pain. That’s why he would say this to the father of a fallen marine on Memorial Day in the cemetery where he’s buried.”
Trump has been, for the duration of his presidency, fixated on staging military parades, but only of a certain sort. In a 2018 White House planning meeting for such an event, Trump asked his staff not to include wounded veterans, on grounds that spectators would feel uncomfortable in the presence of amputees. “Nobody wants to see that,” he said.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... rs/615997/
Associated Press reporter James LaPorta later corroborated Goldberg’s article, saying a senior Defense Department official had confirmed the information.
Goldberg said later in the article that Trump had also referred separately to John McCain, the late senator and war veteran, as a “fucking loser.”

Trump has previously been criticized for denigrating McCain, who was held for 5½ years as a prisoner of war in Vietnam.

“He’s not a war hero,” Trump said in 2015 of McCain. “I like people who weren’t captured.”
On Friday, Fox News too lent credence to the report, saying two former Trump administration officials had confirmed details in the story.

According to Jennifer Griffin, a national security correspondent for the network, one of the officials said Trump had also trivialized the Vietnam War.

“When the President spoke about the Vietnam War, he said, ‘It was a stupid war. Anyone who went was a sucker,’” Griffin said, quoting the official.
HuffPost’s S.V. Dáte reported earlier this week that Trump had refused for two years to go to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware to receive the bodies of U.S. soldiers ― despite his insistence that he has paid his respects to “many, many” U.S. soldiers killed in the line of duty.
https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/tru ... ri18n=true

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 4020
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Post by Sertorio » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:14 am

I am sorry for all Americans who unnecessarily died in evil wars of aggression, because they were neither evil nor aggressive. Their government was, and still is. Maybe next time American soldiers get orders to attack people who did no harm to the US, they will instead decide to march on the White House and take care of the warmonger.

neverfail
Posts: 5828
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Post by neverfail » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:53 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:14 am
I am sorry for all Americans who unnecessarily died in evil wars of aggression, because they were neither evil nor aggressive. Their government was, and still is. Maybe next time American soldiers get orders to attack people who did no harm to the US, they will instead decide to march on the White House and take care of the warmonger.
I suppose you would count Nazi Germany as one of the countries that the USA waged an 'evil war of aggression' against?

How many more times do you plan to expose yourself as a fool, Sertorio?

User avatar
cassowary
Posts: 4279
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Post by cassowary » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:24 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:53 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:14 am
I am sorry for all Americans who unnecessarily died in evil wars of aggression, because they were neither evil nor aggressive. Their government was, and still is. Maybe next time American soldiers get orders to attack people who did no harm to the US, they will instead decide to march on the White House and take care of the warmonger.
I suppose you would count Nazi Germany as one of the countries that the USA waged an 'evil war of aggression' against?

How many more times do you plan to expose yourself as a fool, Sertorio?
Hahaha. Don’t take Sertorio seriously, Neverfail. I take him as entertainment. He is like our court jester. Sertorio probably works for the IRA. Internet Research Agency.
The Imp :D

User avatar
Doc
Posts: 4538
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Cradle To Grave

Re: Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Post by Doc » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:33 pm

Milo wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:57 am
When alleged but well corroborated remarks like these match public statements, one must be inclined to believe them.
When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly” and that the Secret Service wouldn’t drive him there. Neither claim was true.

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.
“He can’t fathom the idea of doing something for someone other than himself,” one of Kelly’s friends, a retired four-star general, told me. “He just thinks that anyone who does anything when there’s no direct personal gain to be had is a sucker. There’s no money in serving the nation.” Kelly’s friend went on to say, “Trump can’t imagine anyone else’s pain. That’s why he would say this to the father of a fallen marine on Memorial Day in the cemetery where he’s buried.”
Trump has been, for the duration of his presidency, fixated on staging military parades, but only of a certain sort. In a 2018 White House planning meeting for such an event, Trump asked his staff not to include wounded veterans, on grounds that spectators would feel uncomfortable in the presence of amputees. “Nobody wants to see that,” he said.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... rs/615997/
Associated Press reporter James LaPorta later corroborated Goldberg’s article, saying a senior Defense Department official had confirmed the information.
Goldberg said later in the article that Trump had also referred separately to John McCain, the late senator and war veteran, as a “fucking loser.”

Trump has previously been criticized for denigrating McCain, who was held for 5½ years as a prisoner of war in Vietnam.

“He’s not a war hero,” Trump said in 2015 of McCain. “I like people who weren’t captured.”
On Friday, Fox News too lent credence to the report, saying two former Trump administration officials had confirmed details in the story.

According to Jennifer Griffin, a national security correspondent for the network, one of the officials said Trump had also trivialized the Vietnam War.

“When the President spoke about the Vietnam War, he said, ‘It was a stupid war. Anyone who went was a sucker,’” Griffin said, quoting the official.
HuffPost’s S.V. Dáte reported earlier this week that Trump had refused for two years to go to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware to receive the bodies of U.S. soldiers ― despite his insistence that he has paid his respects to “many, many” U.S. soldiers killed in the line of duty.
https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/tru ... ri18n=true
Lies made up from "anonymous sources" from the deep state if not completely fabricated by the left wing rag called the Atlantic. Even John Bolton said they aren't true.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

User avatar
Apollonius
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:20 am

Re: Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Post by Apollonius » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:43 pm

Here's how we know The Atlantic's hit piece on Trump is pure fiction - Matt Margolis, PJ Media, 4 September 2020
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/m ... on-n890999


“The Atlantic Magazine is dying, like most magazines, so they make up a fake story in order to gain some relevance,” Trump tweeted on Friday. “Story already refuted, but this is what we are up against. Just like the Fake Dossier. You fight and fight, and then people realize it was a total fraud!”

Even CNN’s Brian Stelter seemed to acknowledge that the claims of anonymous sources aren’t as convincing.

“But it is also incumbent on the sources, on the people that are talking to [Atlantic editor-in-chief Jeffrey] Goldberg, on the people that are talking to other outlets — the president’s denying it explicitly, so it’s put up or shut up time,” Stelter said. “Why aren’t these people coming forward and putting their names to these quotes?”

Perhaps because it’s a lot easier to lie when your name and reputation aren’t on the line. But there are at least five witnesses who have gone on the record disputing the allegations made in The Atlantic.

User avatar
Apollonius
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:20 am

Re: Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Post by Apollonius » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:45 pm

Sources: Atlantic editor Jeffrey Goldberg weeps in his office ‘all the time’ - Cockburn, The Spectator, 4 September 2020
https://spectator.us/jeffrey-goldberg-a ... s-sources/



... And then finally there’s the ‘unnamed sources’ part. Trump has countless very public enemies, many of whom were once close advisers to his administration. Yet for this supposedly ironclad story, nobody is willing to go on the record, while numerous people are on the record denying it. Supporters have pointed to the Goldberg’s personal reputation as Highly Reliable Reporter™ and the Atlantic’s status as a Highly Respected Magazine™, although this is the same magazine that printed a fake story to justify the defunding of the police. According to Goldberg, his sources just couldn’t take the fateful final step of lending their names to their allegations, because they fear having mean tweets sent at them. Literally! Two former senior administration officials also ‘confirmed’ the story to Fox News, which led to cheers from #Resistance types who believe the network is ‘state media’ that would never report anything negative about the President.

It might reasonably be argued that if you do not wish to see mean tweets, you could simply not go on Twitter. This approach seems unthinkable to Goldberg’s sources; so secrecy it is. It is settled: spectacular, impossible-to-disprove, election-swinging allegations can be made by totally anonymous individuals leaking to a historically gullible reporter.

And that’s a good thing, because Cockburn has something important to reveal: unnamed sources from inside the Atlantic have shared disturbing information about editor-in-chief Jeffrey Goldberg. According to these four unnamed sources, Goldberg lives in abject terror of his own staff, who are adamant that the Atlantic should be renamed the South China Sea.

User avatar
Milo
Posts: 2774
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Post by Milo » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:29 pm

As in the OP, the sources were confirmed by multiple media outlets and Trump has said similar things in public. It may not be true but there is no reason to dismiss it.

User avatar
Sertorio
Posts: 4020
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 am

Re: Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Post by Sertorio » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:49 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:53 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:14 am
I am sorry for all Americans who unnecessarily died in evil wars of aggression, because they were neither evil nor aggressive. Their government was, and still is. Maybe next time American soldiers get orders to attack people who did no harm to the US, they will instead decide to march on the White House and take care of the warmonger.
I suppose you would count Nazi Germany as one of the countries that the USA waged an 'evil war of aggression' against?

How many more times do you plan to expose yourself as a fool, Sertorio?
As if Nazi Germany was the only war the US waged in the last 100 years! I might be a fool but I am not intellectually dishonest like you...

neverfail
Posts: 5828
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:47 am
Location: Singapore

Re: Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Post by neverfail » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:05 am

Sertorio wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:49 pm
neverfail wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:53 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:14 am
I am sorry for all Americans who unnecessarily died in evil wars of aggression, because they were neither evil nor aggressive. Their government was, and still is. Maybe next time American soldiers get orders to attack people who did no harm to the US, they will instead decide to march on the White House and take care of the warmonger.
I suppose you would count Nazi Germany as one of the countries that the USA waged an 'evil war of aggression' against?

How many more times do you plan to expose yourself as a fool, Sertorio?
As if Nazi Germany was the only war the US waged in the last 100 years! I might be a fool but I am not intellectually dishonest like you...
:lol: Foolish yet holier than thou!?

The war against Nazi Germany and Axis partners in crime may not have been the only war the US waged over the last 120 years (to include belated participation in the First World War) bbut it was by far the biggest involving the greatest sacrifice.

That would constitute military mutiny.

Post Reply