Milo wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:10 pm
Jim the Moron wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:55 am
Scottish independence will happen within five years"
https://dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics ... e-23151354

Do it!!
And always would.
The EU does not want them. The richer EU countries have enough of wealth redistribution.
The Imp :D

Sertorio

Re: Scots Wha Hae

Post by Sertorio » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:52 am

cassowary wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:29 pm
Milo wrote:
Jim the Moron wrote:

Do it!!
And always would.
The EU does not want them. The richer EU countries have enough of wealth redistribution.
What do you know of what the EU does or does not want? An independent Scotland would be welcome in the EU because Scots have the qualities of Britons in general, without having the defects of the English.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:41 am

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:52 am
cassowary wrote:
Milo wrote:
Jim the Moron wrote:

Do it!!
And always would.
What do you know of what the EU does or does not want? An independent Scotland would be welcome in the EU because Scots have the qualities of Britons in general, without having the defects of the English.
Well, some people don’t think so.
Mr Miklinski said: "The EU rules that they apply to everybody is a GDP deficit gap of no more than three percent.

Scotland’s is currently seven percent it is just about the worst in the existing European countries.
The truth is that the English is subsidising they Scots.

If the Scots think they can free load from the Europeans as much as from the English, they are in cloud cuckoo land.

I notice the Scots habitually vote left. Why is it that leftists always believe other people owe them a living?

If I were English, I would be happy to see this bunch of freeloaders go.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:06 am

cassowary wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:41 am
Sertorio wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Milo wrote:
Jim the Moron wrote:

Do it!!
And always would.
Mr Miklinski said: "The EU rules that they apply to everybody is a GDP deficit gap of no more than three percent.

Scotland’s is currently seven percent it is just about the worst in the existing European countries.

If the Scots think they can free load from the Europeans as much as from the English, they are in cloud cuckoo land.

I notice the Scots habitually vote left. Why is it that leftists always believe other people owe them a living?

A EU willing to accept the Ukraine and Albania would be delighted with Scotland...

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:41 am

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:06 am
cassowary wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Milo wrote:
Jim the Moron wrote:

Do it!!
And always would.

A EU willing to accept the Ukraine and Albania would be delighted with Scotland...
Yeah, provided the Scots reduce their Budget deficit.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:30 am

cassowary wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:41 am
Sertorio wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Milo wrote:

And always would.

Which has been subsidised by England. The Europeans won’t be as generous as the English. Will you Portuguese subsidise the Scottish Budget deficit which is 7% of GDP? Please increase Portuguese taxes and give the money to the Scots.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:45 am

cassowary wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:30 am
cassowary wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
cassowary wrote:

Which has been subsidised by England. The Europeans won’t be as generous as the English. Will you Portuguese subsidise the Scottish Budget deficit which is 7% of GDP? Please increase Portuguese taxes and give the money to the Scots.
Your thinking should be dynamic instead of static. Things, people and countries change. Scotland's present budget deficit may decrease - as it happened with so many other countries, including Portugal. Which could be made easier if Scotland joins the EU as a sovereign state and not as an appendage of England. Why must you always be negative, particularly in respect of countries or peoples you don't like?

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:44 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:45 am
cassowary wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:30 am
cassowary wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Sertorio wrote:

Your thinking should be dynamic instead of static. Things, people and countries change. Scotland's present budget deficit may decrease - as it happened with so many other countries, including Portugal. Which could be made easier if Scotland joins the EU as a sovereign state and not as an appendage of England. Why must you always be negative, particularly in respect of countries or peoples you don't like?
Actually, I like the Scots. But I like to speak the truth. At the moment, Scottish deficit is being subsidised by the English. They are not grateful. They still remember the Battle of Culloden, which snuffed out Scottish Independence and ended the Stewart claim to the throne of England.

The EU won’t tolerate a Budget deficit of 7%. So it means fiscal pain for the Scots if they join. Either they cut spending or increase taxes. Scottish independence movement is just an emotional response to Scottish ghosts from ancient battlefields like Bannockburn to Culloden and not modern realities.

By the way, I visited both battlefields to admire Scottish courage.

Jim the Moron

Post by Jim the Moron » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:33 pm

"Why opponents of Scottish independence must confront the Union's flaws"

https://newstatesman.com/politics/scotl ... on-s-flaws

"It's the lack of a positive alternative - either from the rest of the UK, or from within Scotland - that is leading many to conclude that independence is the only way forward."