US November Elections

Discussion of current events
Doc

Re: US November Elections

Post by Doc » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:13 am

Ellen wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:45 am
OK. So, we are now at the point where Hillary Clinton in 2016 began her gradual and irreversible nosedive into electoral college failure. In the last few days, I have noticed that Trump's tossup state average and overall average (on Realclearpolitics.com) seems to be recovering a little bit. Not enough to win the election, but moving slowly in the right direction.

I think he needs to reach a gap of less than 6% points than Biden in the overall popular vote, and a gap of less than 3% in the tossup states, to have a fighting chance. I am assuming that the surveys overestimate Biden's support by at least 2% due to "shy" Trump voters, and then there is always a margin of error.

So, if Trump can go from a 4.7% deficit in the Tossup states to a 3.0% deficit, he has a good chance of winning. It's now up to him and keeping his loose lips shut, and I would guess progress on a Corona vaccine that can be announced right before the election.

Would anyone like to offer a guess as to the final outcome, at this point?
Trump by a landslide. Polls have not been very good at predicting outcomes of POTUS elections for a very long time. 1980 1992 2000 2004 2012 2016 nearly all the polls were way off the mark. In the last 40 years only four polls got it right. What the polls are not even trying to show in enthusiasm of the bases of both parties. They claim it is harder because of fewer fixed land lines and more cell phone. But in reality the bias of polls counts for a lot more.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Doc

Re: Biden and the nondenial denial.

Post by Doc » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:15 am

Milo wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:21 am
cassowary wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:56 pm
Milo wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:44 pm

BTW Doc, I will read what you post but I am loath to give clicks to YT crackpots.
The Biden campaign did not deny the emails were false. Only said that his OFFICIAL records did not show that he met the man from Burisma. As if, there would be any official record on this.

By not denying, it was an admission that the emails were real. It was a non-denial denial.
The email doesn't say the meeting occurred and neither does anyone else.
You have not said, that I have seen whether or not you approve of the censorship that Twitter and Facebook are doing.
The “smoking gun” message is embedded in the story. It was allegedly sent by Burisma board adviser Vadym Pozharskyi in April 2015, and read, “Dear Hunter, thank you for inviting me to DC and giving an opportunity to meet your father and spent [sic] some time together. It’s realty [sic] an honor and pleasure.”

The story didn’t offer any other evidence that a meeting between Joe Biden and Pozharskyi ever took place, and the Biden campaign responded by stating that it did not. A Biden campaign spokesman told the New York Times, “We have reviewed Joe Biden’s official schedules from the time and no meeting, as alleged by the New York Post, ever took place.”
The Post story contained a second email, allegedly sent by Pozharskyi in 2014, addressed to both Hunter Biden and Devon Archer, who was also on the Burisma board. In the message, Pozharskyi was seeking “advice” from the men as to “how you could use your influence” to help the company in a matter described as various Ukrainian government agencies attempting extract money from the company. It didn’t specifically ask Biden to seek help from his father, the American vice president.
https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/10/15/ ... -giuliani/
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Doc

Post by Doc » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:18 am

cassowary wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:36 am
Sertorio wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:16 am
Ever since 1960, when I was living in the US and Kennedy won, I have never been as little interested in a US Presidential election as now. Whoever wins will be a disaster not only for the American people but also for the rest of the world. Either one will start a war with China and will bring the world to the brink of disaster. It's horrifying to think that out of some 325 million people the US system cannot produce any candidate better than these two...
There won't be any war no matter who wins. The US and China will have a Cold War like with the US vs USSR.
Not if Biden gets elected. He is already bought and paid for by the CCP. Plus all the tech Billioniares for the most part want trade with China as that Trade is how a majority of them made their Billions

dagbay

Post by dagbay » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:10 am

Doc wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:18 am
cassowary wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
Ever since 1960, when I was living in the US and Kennedy won, I have never been as little interested in a US Presidential election as now. Whoever wins will be a disaster not only for the American people but also for the rest of the world. Either one will start a war with China and will bring the world to the brink of disaster. It's horrifying to think that out of some 325 million people the US system cannot produce any candidate better than these two...
There won't be any war no matter who wins. The US and China will have a Cold War like with the US vs USSR.
Not if Biden gets elected. He is already bought and paid for by the CCP. Plus all the tech Billioniares for the most part want trade with China as that Trade is how a majority of them made their Billions
This election will be remembered forever because of the triumph or failure of reality Trump vs. make-belief Biden. Should Trump win it will show that people can see through the facade that was put up by the MSM, Social Media, politicians, and elite class. Maybe we'll know in a month or so (after the vote is counted) and maybe much later. Judging from the lines at the Election Board - most people do not trust the mail delivery or ballot boxes.
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

Doc

Post by Doc » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:05 am

dagbay wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:10 am
Doc wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
This election will be remembered forever because of the triumph or failure of reality Trump vs. make-belief Biden. Should Trump win it will show that people can see through the facade that was put up by the MSM, Social Media, politicians, and elite class. Maybe we'll know in a month or so (after the vote is counted) and maybe much later. Judging from the lines at the Election Board - most people do not trust the mail delivery or ballot boxes.
I think that Jack Dorsey is bacdk peddling as fast as he can (though not completely capitulating) on the mass censorship of the NY post's article about Hunter Biden's emails shows that enough people can see through the facade. Trump is goin gto win by an electoral landslide. Like a wounded animal the only chance the Democrat party has to survive is stuffing the mail in votes. As it is set up in many states the ballots can be received days after the election so they can be mailed out days after the election. With an in person and in legitimate mail vote result in the hands of democrats and narrow state margins it would not be all that hard to mail in ballots that could completely change the result. They are not going to just influence the POTUS election but they will try to change the make up of state congressional election (IE the congress) in order to have the votes in the house to elect Biden there.

But to make that happen they have to make the impression that Biden is going to win anyway. Hence the ham fisted reaction to the Biden email story as well as the polls.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:19 am

Doc wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:05 am
dagbay wrote:
Doc wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
I think that Jack Dorsey is bacdk peddling as fast as he can (though not completely capitulating) on the mass censorship of the NY post's article about Hunter Biden's emails shows that enough people can see through the facade. Trump is goin gto win by an electoral landslide. Like a wounded animal the only chance the Democrat party has to survive is stuffing the mail in votes. As it is set up in many states the ballots can be received days after the election so they can be mailed out days after the election. With an in person and in legitimate mail vote result in the hands of democrats and narrow state margins it would not be all that hard to mail in ballots that could completely change the result. They are not going to just influence the POTUS election but they will try to change the make up of state congressional election (IE the congress) in order to have the votes in the house to elect Biden there.

But to make that happen they have to make the impression that Biden is going to win anyway. Hence the ham fisted reaction to the Biden email story as well as the polls.
If this is what most Americans think of their electoral process, than its legitimacy is completely destroyed and we should start looking for an American Guaido to be recognized by the rest of the world as the legitimate POTUS... Compared to the US Venezuela is a model of democracy... :twisted:

Doc

Post by Doc » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:11 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:19 am
Doc wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:05 am
dagbay wrote:
Doc wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Sertorio wrote:

If this is what most Americans think of their electoral process, than its legitimacy is completely destroyed and we should start looking for an American Guaido to be recognized by the rest of the world as the legitimate POTUS... Compared to the US Venezuela is a model of democracy... :twisted:
The electoral college has a purpose and has been explained numerous times here before. Venezuela is run by an Authoritarian thug. There is no democracy there. The leadership is more like that of Concesco of Romania that anything else.

Milo

Post by Milo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:45 pm

dagbay wrote:
Doc wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
That an apparently intelligent person would actually fall for this guff still amazes me!

Doc

Post by Doc » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:43 pm

Milo wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:45 pm
dagbay wrote:
Doc wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
That an apparently intelligent person would actually fall for this guff still amazes me!
Milo you are the one professing the sweetness and light of the corrupt democrats. You are the one that refuses to see. I am not amazed nor amused. Such is life. . All the big tech and Wall street money is riding on Biden to win so the gravy train can keep rolling.

This is what a Biden Presidency would look like:

dagbay

Post by dagbay » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:04 am

Milo wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:45 pm
dagbay wrote:
Doc wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
So You think that I am gullible and follow conspiracy theories (maybe not a full fledged deplorable)? But I see and think on my own and what I wrote above is what I see around me. Normal people are thoroughly disgusted with the left, their rioters, their lawlessness and corruption which pales by immense factor relative to the republicans (thanks mostly for the adversarial MSM who kept them in check). In a consistently Blue state there is a Red wave the likes of which I have not seen before.
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.