armchair_pundit wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:23 am
cassowary wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:11 am
Sertorio wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:51 am
cassowary wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:07 am
Biden should do what Trump has tried to doing - form an alliance with Russia to counter Russia.
:shock: You have flipped...
And you don’t know anything about international relationships. Lord Palmerston said, “There are no permanent friends or enemies, only permanent interests.”
Cass, remember who you are talking to.

Remember Waxwing? Albatroz/Sertorio is a marxist version of her...
If you knew anything about Marx you would know I am no Marxist... But I guess you like labels...
I think you are a Marxist too, from the views you expressed.
The Imp :D

Milo

Re: US November Elections

Post by Milo » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:46 am

Of course polls are of no real value in predicting a US Presidential election, it's all about the map.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... e_map.html#!

Biden is ahead in the electoral college but there are enough undecideds to swing it for Trump.

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:41 am

EllenS wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:09 pm
Milo wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:22 am
Real Clear Politics still has Biden ahead by over 7%: an average of the major polls.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6247.html#!
Yes, but Milo remember what matters is the electoral college. And the electoral college will be decided by 10 tossup states. In the tossup states, if Trump can get within a 2-3 point margin on average, he can possibly win. At least 2-3% of the electorate is lying that they will vote for Biden, when they are simply embarrassed Trump voters. And, there is a legitimate margin of error of 3%. That is how Trump won in 2016.
Trump could win 50 states on election night. Then the Democrats will insist it is an illegitimate election because Russia dogs ate the mail.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Milo

Post by Milo » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:13 am

Doc wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:41 am
EllenS wrote:
Milo wrote:
Real Clear Politics still has Biden ahead by over 7%: an average of the major polls.

Yes, but Milo remember what matters is the electoral college. And the electoral college will be decided by 10 tossup states. In the tossup states, if Trump can get within a 2-3 point margin on average, he can possibly win. At least 2-3% of the electorate is lying that they will vote for Biden, when they are simply embarrassed Trump voters. And, there is a legitimate margin of error of 3%. That is how Trump won in 2016.
Trump could win 50 states on election night. Then the Democrats will insist it is an illegitimate election because Russia dogs ate the mail.
Doc you need to back off the Kool-Aid.

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:18 am

Milo wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:13 am
Doc wrote:
EllenS wrote:
Milo wrote:

Doc you need to back off the Kool-Aid.
You mean the same cool aid we've been offered the last 4 year trying to explain why Hillary lost? I am Shocked Milo SHOCKED !! That you would suggest such a thing :P

But seriously Milo This is more or less the way it is going down. Not the 50 state part but the "The Russian dogs ate my ballot" part. By insisting that the ballot be cast by mail in the Blue states the Democrats have assured the 2020 elections will be a disaster. Even if Trump wins 50 states they will still insist that Trumps win was illegitimate because "The mail in ballots were stolen" Even though the dems themselves plan on stuffing the mail boxes with fake ballots. IN which case it will still end up a mess because Trump will sue. Hell Biden has already publicly tried to get the Pentagon to commit to remove Trump.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:51 pm

Doc wrote:

Considering how Trump has already publically vowed to refuse to recognise the election result if he does not win this appears to be a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:33 am

neverfail wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:51 pm
Doc wrote:

Considering how Trump has already publically vowed to refuse to recognise the election result if he does not win this appears to be a case of the pot calling the kettle black.
I am not aware of him saying that. You must be mistaken.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:45 am

cassowary wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:33 am
neverfail wrote:
Doc wrote:

No mistake. Read all about it:

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/trum ... ?r=US&IR=T

Trump foreshadows that he could refuse to accept the results of the 2020 election if he loses

Milo

Post by Milo » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:25 am

neverfail wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:45 am
cassowary wrote:
neverfail wrote:
Doc wrote:

Trump foreshadows that he could refuse to accept the results of the 2020 election if he loses
He refused to accept the results of an election THAT HE WON!

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:02 am

neverfail wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:45 am
cassowary wrote:
neverfail wrote:
Doc wrote:

This is what Trump said:
In the interview, Trump repeated his frequent false claim that mail-in ballots are inherently “rigged” and said that he is “not a good loser.”

“I have to see, look, I have to see, I’m not just going to say yes, I’m not going to say no, and I didn’t last time either,” Trump said when Wallace directly asked if he would accept the election results.
Trump didn't say yes or no. He repeated the claim that mail in ballots are prone to fraud. So in that context, I interpreted it to mean that if he believed that he got cheated, then he will fight - presumably in court. That's how I read it.

What do you think he meant? That he will barricade himself in the White House, refusing to leave? Nonsense.