America does not need another Revolution

Discussion of current events
cassowary

America does not need another Revolution

Post by cassowary » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:25 am

America does not need a new Revolution ... by Ayaan Hirsi Ali
“What the media also do not tell you,” I tweeted on June 9, “is that America is the best place on the planet to be black, female, gay, trans or what have you. We have our problems and we need to address those. But our society and our systems are far from racist.”
That's what I think too. Like Ayaan, I was born and raised outside America. Like her, I see the racism and other problems elsewhere. I know that compared to most of the world, the US is not racist. This meme of American racism was started by the left to discredit America. The Marxists in America want a revolution.

Before oBUMa were elected, they said that a black President was impossible because America was too racist. When oBUMa was elected, they moved the goal post. Instead of saying they were wrong before and America is no longer racist, they now find other reasons to prove justification. Now its face creams that make you look "fair and beautiful." See? Racism.
The problem is that there are people among us who don’t want to figure it out and who have an interest in avoiding workable solutions. They have an obvious political incentive not to solve social problems, because social problems are the basis of their power.
Ayaan is right. That's what I was saying. She didn't name names, but I believe what she says applies to the Democrats who, as I said here many times, want to keep the blacks in the Democratic Party Plantation. The places where blacks suffer from crime, unemployment and drugs are mainly in Democratic controlled cities.
The Imp :D

Sertorio

Re: America does not need another Revolution

Post by Sertorio » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:37 am

cassowary wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:25 am
“What the media also do not tell you,” I tweeted on June 9, “is that America is the best place on the planet to be black, female, gay, trans or what have you. We have our problems and we need to address those. But our society and our systems are far from racist.”
That's what I think too. Like Ayaan, I was born and raised outside America. Like her, I see the racism and other problems elsewhere. I know that compared to most of the world, the US is not racist. This meme of American racism was started by the left to discredit America. The Marxists in America want a revolution.

Before oBUMa were elected, they said that a black President was impossible because America was too racist. When oBUMa was elected, they moved the goal post. Instead of saying they were wrong before and America is no longer racist, they now find other reasons to prove justification. Now its face creams that make you look "fair and beautiful." See? Racism.
The problem is that there are people among us who don’t want to figure it out and who have an interest in avoiding workable solutions. They have an obvious political incentive not to solve social problems, because social problems are the basis of their power.
Ayaan is right. That's what I was saying. She didn't name names, but I believe what she says applies to the Democrats who, as I said here many times, want to keep the blacks in the Democratic Party Plantation. The places where blacks suffer from crime, unemployment and drugs are mainly in Democratic controlled cities.
As far as legislation is concerned, I don't think that the US is a racist country. But the number of racists in the US is so large that minorities are excused for not believing it...

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:26 am

Sertorio wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:37 am
cassowary wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:25 am

As far as legislation is concerned, I don't think that the US is a racist country. But the number of racists in the US is so large that minorities are excused for not believing it...
I am buddies with a black guy who regularly vote Democrat. He is convinced that is true.

I am not white but have experienced little racism in America. The only exception is university admissions which discriminate against Asians and whites. My kids were affected.

I have come across Africans from Africa. They still blame the white guy for their poverty. Portuguese, Dutch, French and British colonials, exploited them and left them poor. They drew borders arbitrarily and left them with tribal groups.

But our experience with colonialism was so different. We prospered. When the British left, much of the economy was in Chinese hands. As in Africa, the British were totally ignorant of Chinese dialect groups which are in reality tribal groups though we don’t use that term. But we get along.

What racism are the Africans talking about. I think the reason is simple. They are bums who need to blame others for their failures.

So I think it’s the same in the US. The Chinese Americans have a higher median income than whites. What racism? Racism is the excuse that bums give.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:52 am

Sertorio wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:37 am

Well put, Sertotio.

Just because the legislation has improved over the decades does not mean necessarily that hearts and minds have changed in lockstep. That sort of change simply cannot be compelled by altering legislation . Indeed it can even have the opposite effect of hardening attitudes (for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction - Sir Issac Newton, scientist.)

( :lol: Don't mention this to Cassowary as he would probably suffer a stroke if he only knew; it was what even he would define as the left that consistently pushed for those legislative changes. :D )

Apollonius

Post by Apollonius » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:04 pm

The most racist people in the U.S. are blacks.

The most racist people in Canada are Natives, especially their leaders.

You hear a lot of talk about 'systemic racism'. In Canada we really do have racism enshrined in law. It's called the Indian Act, which allows for a whole long list of rights, privileges, exemptions, and set-asides which those who do not claim Indigenous ancestry cannot qualify for.

Our government supported media supports hardcore racists on a regular basis, for example:

Dear Qallunaat (white people) - Sandra Inutiq, CBC News, 17 February 2019
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/de ... -1.5020210

Apollonius

Post by Apollonius » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:13 pm

One of Vancouver's most iconic monuments has been defaced:

Vancouver's Gassy Jack statue defaced, petition calls for its removal
- Liam Britten, CBC News, 16 June 2020
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.5615177

'Gassy' Jack Deighton gave his name to one of the most touristic parts of Vancouver, Gastown, once known for its saloons and latterly for it's shops selling high priced trinkets to cruise ship day trippers whose floating hotel is docked only a few blocks away.

Apparently his Indian wife was only 12 years old when they got married, which would have been close to average for pre-contact Native women. But nowadays Gassy Jack would be called a 'pedophile'.

Those considering the appropriateness of tributes to heroes of the past who don't measure up to our standards need to be mindful of not only of how times change but the stupendous hypocrisy involved in selectively removing some monuments while leaving others intact. We see no calls for demolishing Maya pyramids even though we know all about the bloody rituals that were carried out on top of them. The statue of Maquina, a famous and well-documented Northwest Coast Indian chief with a large entourage of slaves who is considered progressive for restricting human sacrifice among the Nuu-chah-nulth (Nootka) to only occasional big events instead of weekly or monthly practices, still stands in Victoria, B.C. but the statue of John A. MacDonald, considered by many to be the father of the country, was removed because he wrote that Indians should become assimilated to Canadian society at large and become citizens like everyone else, thus disrespecting Native culture.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:26 pm

Apollonius wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:13 pm

'Gassy' Jack Deighton gave his name to one of the most touristic parts of Vancouver, Gastown, once known for its saloons and latterly for it's shops selling high priced trinkets to cruise ship day trippers whose floating hotel is docked only a few blocks away.

Apparently his Indian wife was only 12 years old when they got married, which would have been close to average for pre-contact Native women. But nowadays Gassy Jack would be called a 'pedophile'.

Those considering the appropriateness of tributes to heroes of the past who don't measure up to our standards need to be mindful of not only of how times change but the stupendous hypocrisy involved in selectively removing some monuments while leaving others intact. We see no calls for demolishing Maya pyramids even though we know all about the bloody rituals that were carried out on top of them. The statue of Maquina, a famous and well-documented Northwest Coast Indian chief with a large entourage of slaves who is considered progressive for restricting human sacrifice among the Nuu-chah-nulth (Nootka) to only occasional big events instead of weekly or monthly practices, still stands in Victoria, B.C. but the statue of John A. MacDonald, considered by many to be the father of the country, was removed because he wrote that Indians should become assimilated to Canadian society at large and become citizens like everyone else, thus disrespecting Native culture.
A sovereign state for the native population, carved out of the immense Canada, might have helped...

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:07 pm

Don't fret, Apollonius! We have a near identical situation out here in Australia (your sister dominion in the southern hemisphere) where 1. Aboriginal "rights" advocatyes have (in line with the current global trend) jumped on the remember George Floyd bandwagon and organised mass street demonstrations of supporters for the sake of scoring political points. Likewise, (2) the camp followers of vandals who attach themselves have grafittied the statues of figures like the 18th century English mariner Captain James Cook: whose survey of the east coast of our island continent led, 18 years later, to the decision to found the first British colonial outpost on Australian soil. I have often thought that the likes of Cook acheived more in his lifetime than these nobodies who demand that their statues be removed ever will.

So I can identify with your objection to the treatment of the memorial to "Gassy Jack" in Vancouver etc. But in the matter of indigenous 'first nations" being legislated special rights and priveleges I am, alas, of two minds. I hope you won't object to my following rumination?
.........................................................................................................................

The Bowdlerised texts of Australian history given to us to study as school pupils during my boyhood days (over half a century ago) I now realise lied to us by omitting to mention what should have been an obvious fact (and very likely Canadian history texts of the same era projected a similar "steady peaceful progress of which we should all be proud" theme): since the British arrived and settled here without the permission of the indigenous population then logically the colonisation and subsequent development of Australia was an invasion and therefore the Australian Aboriginals are (by definition) a conquered and subjugated people.

Any people on this earth who have ever suffered invasion by a foreign power (then had to live their lives under terms and conditions laid down by the conquerer): their livess disrupted; their traditions treated with contempt - automatically start out in life demoralised, handicapped. If you grew up in the midst of the culture of the invader/conquerer/coloniser it is still not a gilt edged guarantee that you (personally) will end up with a robust self-image free of depression and other mental ailments but it multiplies your chances of doing so.

To quote the memorable words of Sertorio: "a people who have been conquered are a people who have been raped."
..............................................................................................................................

In the case of New Zealand there was such an instrumenht of cession signed by the community leaders of the main Maori (indigenous New Zealander) tribes in 1840 known as the Treaty of Waitangi. Even though the terms and conditions of that treaty were subsequently dishonoured in practice the fact that it was signed at all (then subsequently ratified by the British Parliament) legetimised the annexation of New Zealand to the British Empire. No such treaty was ever offered to the Australian Aboriginals.

https://www.cab.org.nz/article/KB00001362
...........................................................................................................................

So Apollonius! Ignore if you can the delinquent desecration of memorial statues etc for in the grand context of history it is nothing but a passing fad. Just be aware that indigenous peoples worldwide are desperately trying to revive/win respect for the tradition that form the core of their corporate beings (not the same as our own). The tangable acheivements of our memorialised forebears will still show up and be honoured in the end even though their stastues may temporarily be removed for the sake of a bogus sort of political correctness.
.........................................................................................................................

The big picture:

Do I as a non-indigenous Australian have regrets that the colonisation of my country and its historically rapid rise to nationhood took place? Not at all!

By the 19th century the British were not the only nationality looking around the world for stray bits of undeveloped real estate to plant their flags on. It was globally the "trend of the time". Would this island continent have been ignored by the up to a dozen powers who could potentially have colonised Australia other than the British? Any one who believs so is indulging in make-believe.

One way or another the very last of the worlds paleaolithic peoples were destined to lose their homeland to a more aggressive but far more energetic invader/s. History normally has no mercy on losers.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:04 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:26 pm
Apollonius wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:13 pm

A sovereign state for the native population, carved out of the immense Canada, might have helped...
But then they can’t suck up money from the richer Canadians. Bums are like leaches who only have guilt to sell. “We are oppressed by you. Give us money.”

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:06 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:07 pm
Don't fret, Apollonius! We have a near identical situation out here in Australia (your sister dominion in the southern hemisphere) where 1. Aboriginal "rights" advocatyes have (in line with the current global trend) jumped on the remember George Floyd bandwagon and organised mass street demonstrations of supporters for the sake of scoring political points. Likewise, (2) the camp followers of vandals who attach themselves have grafittied the statues of figures like the 18th century English mariner Captain James Cook: whose survey of the east coast of our island continent led, 18 years later, to the decision to found the first British colonial outpost on Australian soil. I have often thought that the likes of Cook acheived more in his lifetime than these nobodies who demand that their statues be removed ever will.

So I can identify with your objection to the treatment of the memorial to "Gassy Jack" in Vancouver etc. But in the matter of indigenous 'first nations" being legislated special rights and priveleges I am, alas, of two minds. I hope you won't object to my following rumination?

The Bowdlerised texts of Australian history given to us to study as school pupils during my boyhood days (over half a century ago) I now realise lied to us by omitting to mention what should have been an obvious fact (and very likely Canadian history texts of the same era projected a similar "steady peaceful progress of which we should all be proud" theme): since the British arrived and settled here without the permission of the indigenous population then logically the colonisation and subsequent development of Australia was an invasion and therefore the Australian Aboriginals are (by definition) a conquered and subjugated people.

Any people on this earth who have ever suffered invasion by a foreign power (then had to live their lives under terms and conditions laid down by the conquerer): their livess disrupted; their traditions treated with contempt - automatically start out in life demoralised, handicapped. If you grew up in the midst of the culture of the invader/conquerer/coloniser it is still not a gilt edged guarantee that you (personally) will end up with a robust self-image free of depression and other mental ailments but it multiplies your chances of doing so.

To quote the memorable words of Sertorio: "a people who have been conquered are a people who have been raped."
..............................................................................................................................

In the case of New Zealand there was such an instrumenht of cession signed by the community leaders of the main Maori (indigenous New Zealander) tribes in 1840 known as the Treaty of Waitangi. Even though the terms and conditions of that treaty were subsequently dishonoured in practice the fact that it was signed at all (then subsequently ratified by the British Parliament) legetimised the annexation of New Zealand to the British Empire. No such treaty was ever offered to the Australian Aboriginals.

https://www.cab.org.nz/article/KB00001362
...........................................................................................................................

So Apollonius! Ignore if you can the delinquent desecration of memorial statues etc for in the grand context of history it is nothing but a passing fad. Just be aware that indigenous peoples worldwide are desperately trying to revive/win respect for the tradition that form the core of their corporate beings (not the same as our own). The tangable acheivements of our memorialised forebears will still show up and be honoured in the end even though their stastues may temporarily be removed for the sake of a bogus sort of political correctness.

The big picture:

Do I as a non-indigenous Australian have regrets that the colonisation of my country and its historically rapid rise to nationhood took place? Not at all!

By the 19th century the British were not the only nationality looking around the world for stray bits of undeveloped real estate to plant their flags on. It was globally the "trend of the time". Would this island continent have been ignored by the up to a dozen powers who could potentially have colonised Australia other than the British? Any one who believs so is indulging in make-believe.

One way or another the very last of the worlds paleaolithic peoples were destined to lose their homeland to a more aggressive but far more energetic invader/s. History normally has no mercy on losers.
The US has a near identical situation as Australia. Just substitute the blacks for your abos.