South Korea’s rise and rise.....(a good news story)

Discussion of current events
cassowary

Re: South Korea’s rise and rise.....(a good news story)

Post by cassowary » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:30 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:55 am
cassowary wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:59 am

I believe the main reason for the unrest in the US is because of the Marxists planted by the USSR during the Cold War in elite places - like Universities and the news media. Years of indoctrination by leftist professors that America is evil was seeded during the Cold War years and are now blossoming.

In the case of South Korea, there was less urgency to focus intelligence resources for this long term plan. In fact, South Korea was a dictatorship during most of the Cold War years. This makes it difficult to conduct counter-intelligence operations. America was already an open society and Marxists could operate openly even during the Cold War years.
Well it seems to me that even in the case of the USA the Marxists failed.

Despite the well known conformist urge among young Americans aged in their late teens and early twenties - which in the case of college students would have played into the hands of Marxist academics.
They did fall into their hands. Who do you think are rioting and destroying statues? They were brainwashed into thinking their country is evil.
The Imp :D

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:38 pm

cassowary wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:30 pm
neverfail wrote:

Despite the well known conformist urge among young Americans aged in their late teens and early twenties - which in the case of college students would have played into the hands of Marxist academics.
They did fall into their hands. Who do you think are rioting and destroying statues? They were brainwashed into thinking their country is evil.
Oh no! Of course these protestors are nothing but a rabble of brainless dumb arses who blindly. trustingly, believe the lies and obediently follow the instructions of their Marxist agitator-leadership.

Cassowary, you will need to try harder than that before you will convince me that their revolt is not prompted by some real injustices they have endured over the years.

Meantime, I refuse to share your implied disdainful contempt for America's minorities.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:49 am

neverfail wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:38 pm
cassowary wrote:
neverfail wrote:

Oh no! Of course these protestors are nothing but a rabble of brainless dumb arses who blindly. trustingly, believe the lies and obediently follow the instructions of their Marxist agitator-leadership.

Cassowary, you will need to try harder than that before you will convince me that their revolt is not prompted by some real injustices they have endured over the years.

Meantime, I refuse to share your implied disdainful contempt for America's minorities.
Asians are also one of America's minorities. I certainly don't have contempt for them. Nor do I have any contempt for the other minorities either. I only say the truth as I see it.

You, like all leftist types, cannot see that sometimes people are poor because it is their own fault. You like to blame someone or something else - be it capitalism or white racism.

Why is the truth so hard for you to accept? America is a land of opportunity. If you are poor, it is likely to be your own fault.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:42 pm

cassowary wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:49 am
neverfail wrote:
cassowary wrote:
neverfail wrote:

Asians are also one of America's minorities. I certainly don't have contempt for them. Nor do I have any contempt for the other minorities either. I only say the truth as I see it.

You, like all leftist types, cannot see that sometimes people are poor because it is their own fault. You like to blame someone or something else - be it capitalism or white racism.

Why is the truth so hard for you to accept? America is a land of opportunity. If you are poor, it is likely to be your own fault.
Own up, Cassowary. By your own words you depict Americans involved in the current round of street protests as braiinless dupes of those subversive red demons you seem to imagine are the driving force behind all of America's woes.

You move me even to wonder whether you might be one those right wing blockhead fools (right wing, as in a latter-day believer in Calvinist moral strictures) I have heard of who still suppose that the late Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King was a planted Commie stooge ? :lol:

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:49 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:42 pm
cassowary wrote:
neverfail wrote:
cassowary wrote:
neverfail wrote:

Own up, Cassowary. By your own words you depict Americans involved in the current round of street protests as braiinless dupes of those subversive red demons you seem to imagine are the driving force behind all of America's woes.

You move me even to wonder whether you might be one those right wing blockhead fools (right wing, as in a latter-day believer in Calvinist moral strictures) I have heard of who still suppose that the late Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King was a planted Commie stooge ? :lol:
You are making a false accusation. I never said that King was a commie stooge.

This is a sign you don’t have a good refutation. The stupid people are those who vote left.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:13 pm

cassowary wrote:

Why is it so hard for you to accept that it is NOT a land of opportunity for everyone?
neverfail wrote:

cassowary wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:49 pm
Not an accusation but an off the cuff enquiry. My exact words were "You move me even to wonder whether....." which does not accuse you of anything. Since you have denied that you believe that King was a Commie stooge then there is nothing further to discuss.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:32 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:13 pm
cassowary wrote:

Why is it so hard for you to accept that it is NOT a land of opportunity for everyone?
I agree. America is not a land of opportunity for bums.
neverfail wrote:

cassowary wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:49 pm
Not an accusation but an off the cuff enquiry. My exact words were "You move me even to wonder whether....." which does not accuse you of anything. Since you have denied that you believe that King was a Commie stooge then there is nothing further to discuss.
Sorry. I misunderstood.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:50 am

cassowary wrote:

1. Not everyone is equally intelligent and skilled, therefore not everyone can be equally productive. If the less intelligent and less skilled are poor, it isn't their fault.

2. Being productive is often a result of having had a better education which, in the US, depends on your having enough money to pay the tuition in the better schools. If you cannot afford going to the good schools your chances of being poor increase, through no fault of yours.

What do you propose to do to make sure those underprivileged people will not be poor?... Having them joining an extreme right party?... ;)

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:15 am

Sertorio wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:50 am
cassowary wrote:

1. Not everyone is equally intelligent and skilled, therefore not everyone can be equally productive. If the less intelligent and less skilled are poor, it isn't their fault.

2. Being productive is often a result of having had a better education which, in the US, depends on your having enough money to pay the tuition in the better schools. If you cannot afford going to the good schools your chances of being poor increase, through no fault of yours.

What do you propose to do to make sure those underprivileged people will not be poor?... Having them joining an extreme right party?... ;)
Intelligence also plays a role. You are right that it is something we have no control over.

But we have control over most things. I was brought up in a missionary school. At a young age, we were taught the connection between sin and poverty as well as its converse, virtue and wealth.

There are many Biblical verses extolling diligence, frugality, chastity, honesty, abstinence from alcohol etc. Gambling and smoking were also regarded as sins.

It was made clear to us that the sluggards, spendthrift, drunkard, womanisers will not prosper in life.

Work at the calling (ie skill God blessed you with), save instead of spending on earthly pleasures and invest your money wisely as in the parable of the talents. That’s the formula for a good life.

It will also make you rich or at least better off than those who indulge in sin. Intelligence is only one quality for success. It might not even be the most important one. You might not have a high IQ but you will likely be good at something. That’s God’s gift to you. Work at it and you will get somewhere in life.

Keep blaming your misfortune on capitalism or racism or whatever, you will remain poor and miserable.

Milo

Post by Milo » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:48 am

cassowary wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:15 am
Sertorio wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:50 am
cassowary wrote:

Intelligence also plays a role. You are right that it is something we have no control over.

But we have control over most things. I was brought up in a missionary school. At a young age, we were taught the connection between sin and poverty as well as its converse, virtue and wealth.

There are many Biblical verses extolling diligence, frugality, chastity, honesty, abstinence from alcohol etc. Gambling and smoking were also regarded as sins.

It was made clear to us that the sluggards, spendthrift, drunkard, womanisers will not prosper in life.

Work at the calling (ie skill God blessed you with), save instead of spending on earthly pleasures and invest your money wisely as in the parable of the talents. That’s the formula for a good life.

It will also make you rich or at least better off than those who indulge in sin. Intelligence is only one quality for success. It might not even be the most important one. You might not have a high IQ but you will likely be good at something. That’s God’s gift to you. Work at it and you will get somewhere in life.

Keep blaming your misfortune on capitalism or racism or whatever, you will remain poor and miserable.
As a matter of fact it is an obligation of every decent person to do what they can to improve their country. What kind of "bum" would stand by and let injustice reign?