Discussion of current events
neverfail

Re: Putin Says U.S. Is in ‘Deep Internal Crisis’

Post by neverfail » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:28 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:10 pm
armchair_pundit wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:54 pm

Again, the biggest post WW2 fuckup in world geo-politics is the failure of the West to embrace post Soviet Russia, warts and all...
The West - mostly the US - never wanted to embrace post Soviet Russia.
...and vice versa. The only thing the USSR wanted to "embrace" late in the 1940's were the nations of western Europe (then only recently liberated by the Allies from Nazi occupation/Fascist rule) as additional territorial acquisitions to their eastern European empire. The US and allies were absolutely right to stand up to the Stalinist clossus.

Sertorio, as I have often advised Cassowary: I wish you would remove your horse blinkers from around your eyes for the sake of getting a clear, impartial view of things for a change. Are both of you not aware by now that ALL idealogy is bullshit?

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:38 pm

neverfail wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:28 pm
Sertorio wrote:
armchair_pundit wrote:

Again, the biggest post WW2 fuckup in world geo-politics is the failure of the West to embrace post Soviet Russia, warts and all...
...and vice versa. The only thing the USSR wanted to "embrace" late in the 1940's were the nations of western Europe (then only recently liberated by the Allies from Nazi occupation/Fascist rule) as additional territorial acquisitions to their eastern European empire. The US and allies were absolutely right to stand up to the Stalinist clossus.

Sertorio, as I have often advised Cassowary: I wish you would remove your horse blinkers from around your eyes for the sake of getting a clear, impartial view of things for a change. Are both of you not aware by now that ALL idealogy is bullshit?
I was talking about post Soviet Russia, and you answered about post WW 2 Soviet Union. A difference of almost 50 years...Maybe you are the one who needs to remove the blinkers... ;)

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:28 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:38 pm
neverfail wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
armchair_pundit wrote:

I was talking about post Soviet Russia, and you answered about post WW 2 Soviet Union. A difference of almost 50 years...Maybe you are the one who needs to remove the blinkers... ;)
:oops: My mistake, Sertorio.

I agree. A missed historical opportunity.

Milo

Post by Milo » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:13 pm

neverfail wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:28 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:38 pm
neverfail wrote:
Sertorio wrote:
armchair_pundit wrote:

:oops: My mistake, Sertorio.

I agree. A missed historical opportunity.
Reach out to Putin and you won't get your ring back!
Back in 2005 Patriots owner Robert Kraft was in Russia when a funny thing happened: Russian president Vladimir Putin stole his $25,000 Super Bowl XXXIX ring. Actually for the past eight years, Kraft had let everyone believe he gave the ring to Putin as a gift, but the truth came out this week: Putin stole it -- or took it without asking if 'stole' is too strong of a word for you.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/patr ... bowl-ring/

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:19 am

Milo wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:13 pm

Reach out to Putin and you won't get your ring back!
Back in 2005 Patriots owner Robert Kraft was in Russia when a funny thing happened: Russian president Vladimir Putin stole his $25,000 Super Bowl XXXIX ring. Actually for the past eight years, Kraft had let everyone believe he gave the ring to Putin as a gift, but the truth came out this week: Putin stole it -- or took it without asking if 'stole' is too strong of a word for you.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/patr ... bowl-ring/
It's amazing how you find it worthwhile wasting your and our time with this type of anecdotes. Are they meaningful to you? There must be something odd with your brain...

neverfail

Re: Putin calls the kettle "black".

Post by neverfail » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:00 pm

To go by this shocker of a news report: is the Russian Federation is not by now in a state of "deep internal crisis" then it ought to be.
They expect further contractions to show up in statistics for the months since.

Then there is coronavirus:
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/06/ ... -18-a69117

Russia confirmed 7,790 new coronavirus infections Thursday, bringing the country’s official number of cases to 561,091.
Still nothing like as bad as in the USA with 2.2 million infections and over 120,000 deaths: but in certain things you just cannot compete with the US.

The one thing missing is that in Putin's Russia there is no Black Lives Matter movement agitating for an end to police brutality - so Russia's travails do not generate anything like the same amount of publicity.