Post by Milo » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:11 am

cassowary wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:41 am
neverfail wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:14 am
cassowary wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:37 pm
[

Brooks might have been the victim of an abusive parent himself. That's why his life was in a mess. I hope his kids don't end up like him. In fact, his early death might have spared his kids of an abusive father.
(The penny drops.)

I just realised that Raymond Brooks was that black man in Atlanta who was gunned down by that cop while trying to flee arrest in a blind panic.

I hope that you are not trying to cook up an excuse to justify the irresponsible behaviour of that rogue polce officer?
I don't know if the cop is guilty of murder or not. That was not the point I was trying to make. The point I was making is the importance of individual responsibility. BLM and Democratic politicians blame his death on racism. I blame Brook's death mainly on himself.

1)Had he not got himself drunk, he would not have died.
2)Had he not driven when drunk, he would not have died.
3)Had he not resisted arrest, he would not have died.
4)Had Brooks not hit the policeman in the face and thus enraged him, Brooks would not have died.
5)Had he not grabbed the taser and fired twice, he would not have died.
6)Had he not commit a string of crimes that got him a probation for a suspended 6 remaining years, he would not have panicked into acting rashly and thus got himself killed.
7)Had he not panicked and acted rashly, he would not have died.

On the other hand, had the policeman not fired his weapon, Brooks would not have died. Whether he was justified in firing his weapon is for the jury to decide. What has what the policemen did got to do with racism? How do the politicians and BLM people know that the policeman would not have done the same had the suspect been a white?

Would you risk your life for someone who hit you on the face and then tried to shoot you with your own taser by not firing your weapon? Its true that the taser is only meant to knock you unconcious. But there were instances of an unconscious policeman being killed after the suspect robbed him of his gun.

Brooks brought about his own death. He had no one else to blame.
  • It's "Rayshard Brooks".
  • He was shot three times in the back when the police knew he had no firearm of his own.
  • As racism is instinctual, it should be assumed as a factor.
Why handcuff someone for a DUI? Why not just give them a Promise to Appear and take their car?

It's not whether this guy was a schmuck, clearly he was. It's whether you think the police should be this heavy handed and sometimes creating the death penalty for an offence where no such penalty is intended.

cassowary

Re: Can't keep them on the plantation any mo'

Post by cassowary » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:23 am

neverfail wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:19 pm
cassowary wrote:

I don't know if the cop is guilty of murder or not. That was not the point I was trying to make. The point I was making is the importance of individual responsibility. BLM and Democratic politicians blame his death on racism. I blame Brook's death mainly on himself.

1)Had he not got himself drunk, he would not have died.
2)Had he not driven when drunk, he would not have died.
3)Had he not resisted arrest, he would not have died.
4)Had Brooks not hit the policeman in the face and thus enraged him, Brooks would not have died.
5)Had he not grabbed the taser and fired twice, he would not have died.
6)Had he not commit a string of crimes that got him a probation for a suspended 6 remaining years, he would not have panicked into acting rashly and thus got himself killed.
7)Had he not panicked and acted rashly, he would not have died.

On the other hand, had the policeman not fired his weapon, Brooks would not have died. Whether he was justified in firing his weapon is for the jury to decide. What has what the policemen did got to do with racism? How do the politicians and BLM people know that the policeman would not have done the same had the suspect been a white?
8) Had Raymond Brooks been a white man in the same condition and circumstances, he would likely not have been killed either.
How would you know? This white man, Dylan Noble, was shot dead by US police for even less reason. None at all. He was stopped. He was unarmed but police mistakenly thought he was reaching for his gun. So they shot him.
Noble was pulled over after police got a call about a camouflaged man in a pickup truck with a rifle. [6]
Officers said that Noble got out of his car after driving to the gas station, and said that he hated his life while reaching behind his back. [4] [13] [1]
Dylan was shot multiple times by police. The video seemed to show that Noble did not pose any danger to the policemen while lying bleeding on the ground as he was shot. One officer even shot him with a shotgun. [6] [13]
Police felt threatened when Nobel lifted up his shirt and reached for his waistband. [6] [4] [13] Dylan died at the hospital from his gunshot wounds.
Unlike Rayshard Brooks, he did not punch any policeman in the face, stole a taser from the policeman and tried shooting him with it. The police mistakenly thought that he was reaching for a gun. US police live in constant danger and are very jumpy.

Neverfail wrote:
cassowary wrote:
Brooks brought about his own death. He had no one else to blame.
No! The response of trigger-happy cop had absolutely nothing to do with Brook's death, did it? :twisted:
Of course it did. One part out of 8, to put it mathematically. I gave 8 actions that led to this tragedy. One belonged to the police officer. The other 7 belonged to the dead man.

Rayshard Brooks was more responsible for his own death than the police officer. When are you leftist going to accept the concept of personal responsibility? For the left, its always someone or something else's fault. Its the fault of capitalism why I failed. Its the fault of racism why I failed. Its racism because so many black men are killed by the police.

I suspect that the left consists largely of failures seeking to blame something or someone else for their failures.
The Imp :D

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:58 pm

cassowary wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:23 am

Rayshard Brooks was more responsible for his own death than the police officer. When are you leftist going to accept the concept of personal responsibility? For the left, its always someone or something else's fault. Its the fault of capitalism why I failed. Its the fault of racism why I failed. Its racism because so many black men are killed by the police.

I suspect that the left consists largely of failures seeking to blame something or someone else for their failures.
You can start by abstaining from taging me and others who disagree with your twaddle as "leftists".

That cop was NOT doing his duty as a police officer by shooting Brooks dead. Brooks was not attacking him but attempting to run away in fear; so there was no question of the cop's own life being in any danger. No case whatsoever for the cop acting in self-defence. The police officer could have simply let him go but chose instead to play Wild West gunslinger with live ammo.

(....and are you aware that the gunslinger cop placed the lives of innocent bistanders in jeopardy during that incident? A couple of the bullets he fired wildly at fleeing Brooks almost struck two motorists who happened to be in thye Wendy's parking area when the incident took place. No, 0f course you would not be aware of that as it would not fit neatly into your concocted line of spurious logic in support of the case you are trying to peddle.)

It matters not one iota whether Raymond Brook's private life was a failure or a success; either way it does not justify the police use of a lethal firearm under the circumstances. The "power" being the power of life and death over another human.
...............................................................................................................................

As I pointed out earlier I did not even want to be drawn into anh online discussion on this tiresome topic. But I could not allow a couple of the outrageous opinions you posted recentloy to pass unchallenged. :)

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:56 pm

neverfail wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:58 pm
cassowary wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:23 am

You can start by abstaining from taging me and others who disagree with your twaddle as "leftists".

That cop was NOT doing his duty as a police officer by shooting Brooks dead. Brooks was not attacking him but attempting to run away in fear; so there was no question of the cop's own life being in any danger. No case whatsoever for the cop acting in self-defence. The police officer could have simply let him go but chose instead to play Wild West gunslinger with live ammo.

(....and are you aware that the gunslinger cop placed the lives of innocent bistanders in jeopardy during that incident? A couple of the bullets he fired wildly at fleeing Brooks almost struck two motorists who happened to be in thye Wendy's parking area when the incident took place. No, 0f course you would not be aware of that as it would not fit neatly into your concocted line of spurious logic in support of the case you are trying to peddle.)

It matters not one iota whether Raymond Brook's private life was a failure or a success; either way it does not justify the police use of a lethal firearm under the circumstances. The "power" being the power of life and death over another human.
...............................................................................................................................

As I pointed out earlier I did not even want to be drawn into anh online discussion on this tiresome topic. But I could not allow a couple of the outrageous opinions you posted recentloy to pass unchallenged. :)
My contention is that it is mostly Rayshard Brook's fault that he is dead. Do you accept that? I gave 8 actions undertaken by both men that led to Brook's death. Were these actions done differently, Brooks would be alive. Seven were done by Brooks and only one was done by the policeman. The policeman is not blameless but to pin all the blame on him is ridiculous.

The left wants to blame all on racism in the police force for this tragedy. But gave a total pass on what Brooks did. This tells me that they eschew personal responsibility.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:28 am

cassowary wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:56 pm

My contention is that it is mostly Rayshard Brook's fault that he is dead. Do you accept that?
Is it not patently clear that I do not accept your contention?
cassowary wrote:
I gave 8 actions undertaken by both men that led to Brook's death. Were these actions done differently, Brooks would be alive. Seven were done by Brooks and only one was done by the policeman. The policeman is not blameless but to pin all the blame on him is ridiculous.
None of the actions by Brooks threatened the life of the policeman. The action done by the policeman was the one that took away Brook's life. To pin the blame on the cop is NOT ridiculous but factually true.
cassowary wrote:
The left wants to blame all on racism in the police force for this tragedy. But gave a total pass on what Brooks did. This tells me that they eschew personal responsibility.
Will you finally pull your head out of yourm rear anal passage and acknowledge that in the United States they have a problem with racism - within and out of the police forces? I don't understand what you gain by being (or pretending to be) in a state of denial o0ver this.

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:56 am

neverfail wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:28 am
cassowary wrote:

My contention is that it is mostly Rayshard Brook's fault that he is dead. Do you accept that?
Is it not patently clear that I do not accept your contention?
cassowary wrote:
I gave 8 actions undertaken by both men that led to Brook's death. Were these actions done differently, Brooks would be alive. Seven were done by Brooks and only one was done by the policeman. The policeman is not blameless but to pin all the blame on him is ridiculous.
None of the actions by Brooks threatened the life of the policeman. The action done by the policeman was the one that took away Brook's life. To pin the blame on the cop is NOT ridiculous but factually true.
Most of his actions were illegal such as - driving while intoxicated, hitting the policeman on the face, resisting arrest, stealing the policeman's taser, shooting the policeman with the taser. Had he not done them, he wil be alive today. Getting drunk may not be a crime in itself but had he avoided it, he would be alive today.

So Brooks was also responsible for his own death. He was more responsible than the policeman. The fact that you don't blame Brooks at all shows you are incapable of understanding personal responsibility - a common leftist problem. From Democratic politicians in the US, its always someone else's fault. If poor, its the fault of capitalism. If a black failed in achieving the American Dream, its the problem of racism.

Most of the time, failure is the result of a moral problem. Had Brooks been brought to drink in moderation, this would not have happened. That is why I maintain that the church has a role to play to help people succeed and this will reduce inequality and other social problems - like avoiding drunkenness.
quote=cassowary post_id=31895 time=1592715366 user_id=60]The left wants to blame all on racism in the police force for this tragedy. But gave a total pass on what Brooks did. This tells me that they eschew personal responsibility.
Will you finally pull your head out of your rear anal passage and acknowledge that in the United States they have a problem with racism - within and out of the police forces? I don't understand what you gain by being (or pretending to be) in a state of denial o0ver this.
I don't see any evidence in this story that the policeman was motivated by racism when he killed Brooks. Did he shout, "die, nig..r, die", when he fired his weapon? It all happened within seconds. It was his reflex actions and raw emotions. He was enraged at being hit on the face. He would have done the same had the assailant been white.

..............................................................................................................................

On another point:

The wise thing to do is not to charge him but for the authorities to double down. Tell everybody that the police has the right to shoot you if you hit them or try to shoot them with a taser. How would the policeman know what you would do if you stun him with the taser? What if the assailant grabs the gun from a stunned policeman and then shoots him? The policeman has a right to self defence.

Do this and you make policing safer for the men in blue.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:07 am

cassowary wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:56 am
Tell everybody that the police has the right to shoot you if you hit them or try to shoot them with a taser. How would the policeman know what you would do if you stun him with the taser? What if the assailant grabs the gun from a stunned policeman and then shoots him? The policeman has a right to self defence.

Do this and you make policing safer for the men in blue.
I hope you keep thinking that when the new SA and SS come marching in, in the US or in Singapore...

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:14 am

Sertorio,

He won't! Knowing dear Cassowary he will probably next try to claim that it was Brooks' fault that he was killed for placing himself in the trajectory of the bullets when the cop fired his pistol. :lol:

cassowary

Post by cassowary » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:30 am

neverfail wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:14 am
Sertorio,

He won't! Knowing dear Cassowary he will probably next try to claim that it was Brooks' fault that he was killed for placing himself in the trajectory of the bullets when the cop fired his pistol. :lol:
I said no such thing. I said he was mostly responsible for his death because he got drunk, drove while intoxicated, resisted arrest, punched a police officer, stole his taser, and shot the policeman with his taser.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:15 pm

cassowary wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:30 am
neverfail wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:14 am
Sertorio,

I said no such thing. I said he was mostly responsible for his death because he got drunk, drove while intoxicated, resisted arrest, punched a police officer, stole his taser, and shot the policeman with his taser.
Oh sure - and I suppose that this counts as a hanging offence in your mind?

Worse still; it gives any cop a licence to act as judge, jury and executione; draw his service revolver and shoot down such a minor offender at will, doesn't it?

I am sure that even the Atlanta police department has rules and guidelines as to when and under what circumstances a police officer employee is permitted to draw his side arm and use it.

Spare me your spurious abstract logic Cassowary.