Discussion of current events
Milo

Re: The US is tearing itself apart.....

Post by Milo » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:38 am

neverfail wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:32 pm
Doc wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:37 am

I agree with that. It is CCP propaganda.
https://nypost.com/2020/02/27/bloomberg ... democracy/

Bloomberg: Xi isn’t a dictator because China doesn’t want democracy

IT is well known that Micheal Bloomberg is beholden to the Chinese Communist party as the CCP threaten to wreck Bloomberg's most valuable product.
It is NOT propaganda, either Russian or CCP, but a timely warning that the US economy is in dire peril.

Was the Biblical prophet Jeremiah anti-Jewish because he (correctly) forecast the coming fall of Jerusalem to the Chaldian host? No! He, not his detractors, was arguably the real patriot of his time for attempting to pass on an unpopular warning (divinely inspired) to his fellow-Jewry which these then ignored: inviting their own destruction.
I have heard this particular wolf-cry so many times; I don't think I will go quake in my panic room just yet.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:30 pm

Milo wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:38 am
neverfail wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:32 pm
Doc wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:37 am

I agree with that. It is CCP propaganda.
https://nypost.com/2020/02/27/bloomberg ... democracy/

Bloomberg: Xi isn’t a dictator because China doesn’t want democracy

IT is well known that Micheal Bloomberg is beholden to the Chinese Communist party as the CCP threaten to wreck Bloomberg's most valuable product.
It is NOT propaganda, either Russian or CCP, but a timely warning that the US economy is in dire peril.

Was the Biblical prophet Jeremiah anti-Jewish because he (correctly) forecast the coming fall of Jerusalem to the Chaldian host? No! He, not his detractors, was arguably the real patriot of his time for attempting to pass on an unpopular warning (divinely inspired) to his fellow-Jewry which these then ignored: inviting their own destruction.
I have heard this particular wolf-cry so many times; I don't think I will go quake in my panic room just yet.
:lol: Which "wolf cry" are you talking about Milo? That the US economy is in dire peril (Bloomberg) or Doc's wolf cry that it is all CCP propaganda? :D

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:03 am

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:28 pm

EU may bar American travelers as it reopens borders, citing U.S. failures on virus

BRUSSELS — European Union countries rushing to revive their economies and reopen their borders after months of coronavirus restrictions are prepared to block Americans from entering because the United States has failed to control the scourge, according to draft lists of acceptable travelers seen by The New York Times.

That prospect, which would lump American visitors in with Russians and Brazilians as unwelcome, is a stinging blow to American prestige in the world and a repudiation of President Donald Trump’s handling of the virus in the United States, which has more than 2.3 million cases and upward of 120,000 deaths, more than any other country.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-wor ... -on-virus/
Well, they are also planning to bar travellers from Russia and Brazil also.

Does the news gladen your heart, Sertorio?

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:57 pm

neverfail wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:28 pm
EU may bar American travelers as it reopens borders, citing U.S. failures on virus

BRUSSELS — European Union countries rushing to revive their economies and reopen their borders after months of coronavirus restrictions are prepared to block Americans from entering because the United States has failed to control the scourge, according to draft lists of acceptable travelers seen by The New York Times.

That prospect, which would lump American visitors in with Russians and Brazilians as unwelcome, is a stinging blow to American prestige in the world and a repudiation of President Donald Trump’s handling of the virus in the United States, which has more than 2.3 million cases and upward of 120,000 deaths, more than any other country.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-wor ... -on-virus/
Well, they are also planning to bar travellers from Russia and Brazil also.

Does the news gladen your heart, Sertorio?
I have nothing against American tourists. I have a lot against American soldiers...

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:10 am

So what happens when you tear apart a 20 trillion dollar country?

:lol:
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:49 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:57 pm

I have nothing against American tourists. I have a lot against American soldiers...
I think I understand. The tourists are usually better spenders? :)

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:19 am

neverfail wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:49 pm
Sertorio wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:57 pm

I think I understand. The tourists are usually better spenders? :)
Tourists come to see what we have, soldiers come to change it...

dagbay

Post by dagbay » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:56 am

From a hill atop the trenches it looks at the moment that the anarchists have the upper hand. It is impressive to consider how fast the society is crumbling.
I'd rather be diving or flying alas for now I am on terra firma.

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:39 am

dagbay wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:56 am
From a hill atop the trenches it looks at the moment that the anarchists have the upper hand. It is impressive to consider how fast the society is crumbling.
Don't insult the anarchists. Those guys are vandals...