Re: The US is tearing itself apart.....

Post by Doc » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:36 am

Milo wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:37 pm
neverfail wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:43 pm
Milo wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:57 pm
It's like all of the ugly American stereotypes in one serving.
During his speech, Trump said he is an ally of legitimate protesters. Yet as he did so, authorities fired into peaceful crowds across the street from the White House and advanced on horseback, so that Trump could later walk with a phalanx of Secret Service agents to St. John’s Episcopal Church. He held up a Bible for the cameras and posed with Atty. Gen. William Barr and Defense Secretary Mark Esper, among others, in front of the boarded-up building, where a fire had been set the previous night. That drew outrage from the church’s bishop and from Democratic officials.
https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/ne ... newsletter
Attacking peaceful protestors in Lafayette Park Washington in order to clear a path for Trump to walk over to Saint John's church for a photo op seems to have been Trump's ego-tripping way of sending protestors the message "I can wlk roughshod over you bunch of losers anytime i want to".

Trump claims to be an ally of legitimate protesters? :lol: Trump is a blatant liar!
In case you didn't know, he did not enter the church, meet with church leaders, or pray. He posed with his handpicked men and held up a Bible. It's Republican Christianity at its best!
Through th enight before and into the morning the MSM was claiming that Trump was "cowering in the white house" Trump demostrated he was not. There was also a lot of fake news yesterday A huge amount of outright lies and propaganda against Trump as well. For example the MSM why screaming that tear gas was used clear out protesters so Trump could walk to the church. That was just a fabricated out of whole cloth lie. Never happened.

The left not the US is collapsing in the US. They know that Biden is going to lose the election They know everything they have tried to get Trump has blown up in their corrupt faces This is the end of the world FOR THEM. 71% of Americans now want the National guard deployed to stop the riots 58% want the army deployed. 48 % of Democrats want the National guard deployed as well. Yet the leadership and the MSM is supporting the riots. They are hoping to throttle the economy until after the elections. But they are so far out of step with what people actually want. Its not the end of the world its just the end of the democratic party the MSM and the American left.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:55 am

Why America’s revolution won’t be televised
By PEPE ESCOBAR - JUNE 3, 2020
https://asiatimes.com/2020/06/why-ameri ... televised/

The Revolution Won’t Be Televised because this is not a revolution. At least not yet.

Burning and/or looting Target or Macy’s is a minor diversion. No one is aiming at the Pentagon (or even the shops at the Pentagon Mall). The FBI. The NY Federal Reserve. The Treasury Department. The CIA in Langley. Wall Street houses.

The real looters – the ruling class – are comfortably surveying the show on their massive 4K Bravias, sipping single malt.

This is a class war much more than a race war and should be approached as such. Yet it was hijacked from the start to unfold as a mere color revolution.

US corporate media dropped their breathless Planet Lockdown coverage like a ton of – pre-arranged? – bricks to breathlessly cover en masse the new American “revolution.” Social distancing is not exactly conducive to a revolutionary spirit.

There’s no question the US is mired in a convoluted civil war in progress, as serious as what happened after the assassination of Dr Martin Luther King in Memphis in April 1968.

Yet massive cognitive dissonance is the norm across the full “strategy of tension” spectrum. Powerful factions pull no punches to control the narrative. No one is able to fully identify all the shadowplay intricacies and inconsistencies.

Hardcore agendas mingle: an attempt at color revolution/regime change (blowback is a bitch) interacts with the Boogaloo Bois – arguably tactical allies of Black Lives Matter – while white supremacist “accelerationists” attempt to provoke a race war.

To quote the Temptations: it’s a ball of confusion.

Antifa is criminalized but the Boogaloo Bois get a pass (here is how Antifa’s main conceptualizer defends his ideas). Yet another tribal war, yet another – now domestic – color revolution under the sign of divide and rule, pitting Antifa anti-fascists vs. fascist white supremacists.

Meanwhile, the policy infrastructure necessary for enacting martial law has evolved as a bipartisan project.

We are in the middle of the proverbial, total fog of war. Those defending the US Army crushing “insurrectionists” in the streets advocate at the same time a swift ending to the American empire.

Amidst so much sound and fury signifying perplexity and paralysis, we may be reaching a supreme moment of historical irony, where US homeland (in)security is being boomerang-hit not only by one of the key artifacts of its own Deep State making – a color revolution – but by combined elements of a perfect blowback trifecta: Operation Phoenix; Operation Jakarta; and Operation Gladio.

But the targets this time won’t be millions across the Global South. They will be American citizens.

Empire come home

Quite a few progressives contend this is a spontaneous mass uprising against police repression and system oppression – and that would necessarily lead to a revolution, like the February 1917 revolution in Russia sprouting out of the scarcity of bread in Petrograd.

So the protests against endemic police brutality would be a prelude to a Levitate the Pentagon remix – with the interregnum soon entailing a possible face-off with the US military in the streets.

But we got a problem. The insurrection, so far purely emotional, has yielded no political structure and no credible leader to articulate myriad, complex grievances. As it stands, it amounts to an inchoate insurrection, under the sign of impoverishment and perpetual debt.

Adding to the perplexity, Americans are now confronted with what it feels like to be in Vietnam, El Salvador, the Pakistani tribal areas or Sadr City in Baghdad.

Iraq came to Washington DC in full regalia, with Pentagon Blackhawks doing “show of force” passes over protestors, the tried and tested dispersal technique applied in countless counter-insurgency ops across the Global South.

And then, the Elvis moment: General Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, patrolling the streets of DC. The Raytheon lobbyist now heading the Pentagon, Mark Esper, called it “dominating the battlespace.”

Well, after they got their butts kicked in Afghanistan and Iraq, and indirectly in Syria, full spectrum dominance must dominate somewhere. So why not back home?

Troops from the 82nd Airborne Division, the 10th Mountain Division and the 1st Infantry Division – who lost wars in Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq and, yes, Somalia – have been deployed to Andrews Airbase near Washington.

Super-hawk Tom Cotton even called, in a tweet, for the 82nd Airborne to do “whatever it takes to restore order. No quarter for insurrectionists, anarchists, rioters and looters.” These are certainly more amenable targets than the Russian, Chinese and Iranian militaries.

Milley’s performance reminds me of John McCain walking around in Baghdad in 2007, macho man-style, no helmet, to prove everything was OK. Of course: he had a small army weaponized to the teeth watching his back.

And complementing the racism angle, it’s never enough to remember that both a white president and a black president signed off on drone attacks on wedding parties in the Pakistani tribal areas.

Esper spelled it out: an occupying army may soon be “dominating the battlespace” in the nation’s capital, and possibly elsewhere. What next? A Coalition Provisional Authority?

Compared to similar ops across the Global South, this will not only prevent regime change but also produce the desired effect for the ruling oligarchy: a neo-fascist turning of the screws. Proving once again that when you don’t have a Martin Luther King or a Malcolm X to fight the power, then power crushes you whatever you do.

Inverted Totalitarianism

The late, great political theorist Sheldon Wolin had already nailed it in a book first published in 2008: this is all about Inverted Totalitarianism.

Wolin showed how “the cruder forms of control – from militarized police to wholesale surveillance, as well as police serving as judge, jury and executioner, now a reality for the underclass – will become a reality for all of us should we begin to resist the continued funneling of power and wealth upward.

“We are tolerated as citizens only as long as we participate in the illusion of a participatory democracy. The moment we rebel and refuse to take part in the illusion, the face of inverted totalitarianism will look like the face of past systems of totalitarianism,” he wrote.

Sinclair Lewis (who did not say that, “when fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in the flag and waving the cross”) actually wrote, in It Can’t Happen Here (1935), that American fascists would be those “who disowned the word ‘fascism’ and preached enslavement to capitalism under the style of constitutional and traditional native American liberty.”

So American fascism, when it happens, will walk and talk American.

George Floyd was the spark. In a Freudian twist, the return of the repressed came out swinging, laying bare multiple wounds: how the US political economy shattered the working classes; failed miserably on Covid-19; failed to provide affordable healthcare; profits a plutocracy; and thrives on a racialized labor market, a militarized police, multi-trillion-dollar imperial wars and serial bailouts of the too big to fail.

Instinctively at least, although in an inchoate manner, millions of Americans clearly see how, since Reaganism, the whole game is about an oligarchy/plutocracy weaponizing white supremacism for political power goals, with the extra bonus of a steady, massive, upwards transfer of wealth.

Slightly before the first, peaceful Minneapolis protests, I argued that the realpolitik perspectives post-lockdown were grim, privileging both restored neoliberalism – already in effect – and hybrid neofascism.

President Trump’s by now iconic Bible photo op in front of St John’s church – including a citizen tear-gassing preview – took it to a whole new level. Trump wanted to send a carefully choreographed signal to his evangelical base. Mission accomplished.

But arguably the most important (invisible) signal was the fourth man in one of the photos.

Giorgio Agamben has already proved beyond reasonable doubt that the state of siege is now totally normalized in the West. Attorney General William Barr now is aiming to institutionalize it in the US: he’s the man with the leeway to go all out for a permanent state of emergency, a Patriot Act on steroids, complete with “show of force” Blackhawk support.
It seems it takes a Brazilian (Pepe Escobar) to explain what is happening in the US. This is an interesting analysis. Whether it fully hits the nail on the head remains to be seen...

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:26 pm

Doc wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:36 am

Through th enight before and into the morning the MSM was claiming that Trump was "cowering in the white house" Trump demostrated he was not. There was also a lot of fake news yesterday A huge amount of outright lies and propaganda against Trump as well. For example the MSM why screaming that tear gas was used clear out protesters so Trump could walk to the church. That was just a fabricated out of whole cloth lie. Never happened.

The left not the US is collapsing in the US. They know that Biden is going to lose the election They know everything they have tried to get Trump has blown up in their corrupt faces This is the end of the world FOR THEM. 71% of Americans now want the National guard deployed to stop the riots 58% want the army deployed. 48 % of Democrats want the National guard deployed as well. Yet the leadership and the MSM is supporting the riots. They are hoping to throttle the economy until after the elections. But they are so far out of step with what people actually want. Its not the end of the world its just the end of the democratic party the MSM and the American left.
Oh Doc,

Your MSM in the USA might not be perfect as a conduit for reportage but I do not believe that the pictorial evidence (video footage) of gas lingering in the air from the clearing of Lafayette Park of protestors was fabribated.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-04/ ... s/12317948

Will you STOP making excuses for your political hero Donald trump? The man is a scoundril and a liar who is leading his (your) country to catastrophe. From the content of your above post (and others I can recall) you seem all too willing to act as his social media mouthpeice.

I fail to understand what you along with other Trump devotees see in this poor excuse for a man; this non-leader.

Sertorio

In Defense of America

Post by Sertorio » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:37 pm

In Defense Of America
Submitted by Erico Matias Tavares of Sinclair & Co.
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/defense-america

It is painful to observe what is happening in America right now. This is a fantastic, free and tolerant country - too tolerant perhaps when it comes to immediately generalizing the bad actions of a very few to the very many. And unfortunately I am seeing a lot of that in the US and abroad.

No country is perfect and all have difficult pasts. America is no different here.

But having lived all over the world, in many different countries and cultures, I can unequivocally state that America is the least racist and most open today. If anyone doubts this and falls for the mainstream narrative then I invite you to provide a better example in the comments section below.

The data supports this on many fronts, including immigration in recent decades of peoples from non-European backgrounds: tens of millions. Why would anyone move their family to a country where they will be “systemically oppressed” by “white supremacists”? This makes no sense of course. Because it is not true.

Police in America do not go around killing Black people. In 2019, nine unarmed Blacks were shot and killed by cops in a country of 320 million, compared with fifteen whites BTW (none of whom made national headlines).

Nine too many at first blush, but certainly not the pandemic that justifies dumping the Constitution, looting and burning cities to the ground.

I’m tangentially aware of the difficulties faced by Black people in the US, having closely interacted with many over the years. The narrative is that this is caused by White racism. Perhaps this is true in some instances – managing a multi-ethnic society is not easy (historically catastrophic, actually). However, growing up in a home without a father plays a far more deleterious role: 75% of Black children today live with a single parent.

That is a horrific statistic that should get far more publicity. It doesn’t because it doesn’t fit the narrative and actually perpetuates a problem that is socially and politically useful to a few - on the backs and suffering of too many Black families.

I could also talk about the disastrous impact that mass low-skilled immigration has had on Black communities all over America, as evidenced by recent Harvard studies.

But the real culprit here is an incompetent and corrupt governing class who with their media minions constantly agitate for racial division – including pushing hatred and demonization of cops and Whites in general – to distract from the real looting and plundering that is taking place: their own.

America, which is not my country, has given me a career, a corporate education, timeless entertainment, friends, a home where people of all races interact with and smile at each other in the street, and most important of all – my family.

It was because of the countless sacrifices of Americans that I was able to grow up in a part of the world free from communism, fascism and oppression. That is not nothing. The monuments that remind us of their bravery should be revered, not defaced or taken down.

I hope and pray that we don’t continue to use this difficult moment to bash this great country and push a narrative that is far from reality. Americans of all colors are good people.

Instead, we should build upon the many good things that have been achieved, with tremendous difficulty over centuries, and make them better – an example that other countries can follow.

If America fails, the world will be a far worse place as a result. Of that much we can all be certain.
I totally disagree with the writer, but his is a voice that deserves to be heard. I only wish America was the way he describes it. But if more Americans try to make it true, maybe someday it will...

Milo

Post by Milo » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:43 pm

neverfail wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:26 pm
Doc wrote:

Oh Doc,

Your MSM in the USA might not be perfect as a conduit for reportage but I do not believe that the pictorial evidence (video footage) of gas lingering in the air from the clearing of Lafayette Park of protestors was fabribated.

Will you STOP making excuses for your political hero Donald trump? The man is a scoundril and a liar who is leading his (your) country to catastrophe. From the content of your above post (and others I can recall) you seem all too willing to act as his social media mouthpeice.

I fail to understand what you along with other Trump devotees see in this poor excuse for a man; this non-leader.
It's propaganda genius!

The Republicans have now convinced so many of their followers the only outlet they can trust are the Republican party hacks.

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:08 pm

Sertorio wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:55 am

But we got a problem. The insurrection, so far purely emotional, has yielded no political structure and no credible leader to articulate myriad, complex grievances. As it stands, it amounts to an inchoate insurrection, under the sign of impoverishment and perpetual debt.

Hi Sertorio,

Ignoring his more outrageous insights in this essay; Pepe Escobar is absolutely right on this point. But that was also the weakness of the 1968 upheaval as well - it like this one so far likewise failed to give birth to a political structure and credible leadership (especially after Luther-King was murdered when it would have been dangerous for anyone to assume his mantle). The ad-hoc protest movement dissolved with the departure of LBJ from the scene and the election of Richard Nixon as president. Thats the point about Americans: instead of solving problens they just move on leaving their country's iniquities unresolved to fester on and come back to haunt them in future.

Doc

Post by Doc » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:04 pm

neverfail wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:26 pm
Doc wrote:

Oh Doc,

Will you ever stop trolling NF? Your claims are bogus fake news that has been widely acknowledged as fake news. You posts are getting old before you ever write them.
“"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros

neverfail

Post by neverfail » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:53 am

Doc wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:04 pm

Will you ever stop trolling NF? Your claims are bogus fake news that has been widely acknowledged as fake news. You posts are getting old before you ever write them.
I truly regret that you cannot handle bad news:

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/co ... spartanntp

The Atlantic magazine publishes fake news?

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:25 am

Point of no return for Failed States of America
An African American academic resident in South Korea finds every good reason never to return home
By MICHAEL HURT - JUNE 7, 2020

I am a Rip van Winkle – a man out of time. As I watch America eat itself, I muse upon this fact more deeply. My status as a black American who has lived in South Korea since 2002, with no real plans to go back, has seemed strange to some.

But in recent years, my friends regard this ongoing decision to not return as less strange. And in recent months, it has come to be a point of no small amount of envy to many of my friends who dream of escaping the twin epidemics of Covid-19 and white supremacy-fueled rampant racism in the United States.

In 1670, the Puritan preacher Samuel Danforth warned his fellow colonizers that America had an ongoing moral challenge as it continued its “Errand into the Wilderness.” But the Puritan “wilderness” was not a blank swathe of land, those beckoning fields of Little House on the Prairie.

To the contrary, it was a land filled with fearful, fantastic beasts and rapacious monsters. It was a moral maw, a gaping abyss that beckoned the gawker to jump. It was a land of moral risk, of spiritual danger.

The spatial and moral wilderness defined the constant fear that Puritan elders had of going “astray” and falling into the beckoning darkness of civic immorality and spiritual iniquity.

In 1987, pioneer rapper Chuck D of Public Enemy made the declamation that America was an “anti-nigger machine,” and that, “If I come out alive … then they won’t come clean.”

Indeed, neither Amaud Arbery nor George Floyd made it out alive, but unlike most blacks murdered in the USA, their stories made it out – on video. Which is what made the Rodney King incident so shocking back in 1992: the whole thing was on tape.

But absolutely nothing came clean.

No fear of being shot

I never really made a conscious decision to leave the United States. Rather, it was a constant stream of small and incremental decisions to stay.

$4 doctor visits? Stay here. $12-a-month high blood pressure pills? Yeah, stay. Ability to leave my laptop on my table at Starbucks and to go to the john and find it there 20 minutes later? Stay. $600 root canal with zirconium crown? Stay. Being able to take public transport across Seoul for $1.50? Stay. 5G? Stay.

No fear of being shot – whether by mass shooter, or for “existing-while-black”? Again, stay.

By the time the scoring even gets to Korea’s fast, smart and effective handling of Covid-19 with big data-enabled contact tracing, strict and adhered to containment measures, and free coronavirus treatment to all citizens and non-citizens as well as immigrants regardless of document status, the scoring is hopelessly skewed.

Who in their right mind, in command of their senses, or with even half the proverbial brain, would go back to live in the Failed States of America? Because that’s what America is – a failed state.

(...)

https://asiatimes.com/2020/06/point-of- ... f-america/
An American wrote this, not me. And not RT either...

Sertorio

Post by Sertorio » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:42 am

The systemic collapse of the US society has begun

(...)

Conclusion 3: this is an insurrection which has initiated the systemic collapse of the US society
I call what is happening today an insurrection: a violent revolt or rebellion against the authorities as such. When you burn a police precinct you do not “protest” against the actions of a few cops, no, what you are doing is expelling the cops from your neighborhood (I know that personally. In Argentina I lived in a suburb of Buenos-Aires in which the police station was attacked so often that it closed and was never rebuilt). And since in a civilized society the state should have the monopoly on the (legal) use of force, you are basically rejecting the authority and legitimacy of the state which operates the police force. This insurrection is most unlikely to remove Trump from office (hence it is not a coup or a revolution), but the anti-Trump faction of the ruling elites have now clearly adopted the strategy of “worse is better” simply because they realize that these riots are probably their last chance to blame it all on Trump (and Russia, why not?!) and maybe, just maybe, defeat him in November.

Right now all we see can only be called a mob-rule (technically referred to as an “ochlocracy“). But mobs, no matter how violent, rarely succeed in achieving tangible political results as they act ‘against something’ and not ‘for something’. This is why the real (behind-the-scenes) ruling classes need to instrumentalize this mob-induced insurrection to their political advantage. So far, I would say that neither the Demolicans nor the Republicrats have succeeded in this. But there is a very long and potentially extremely dangerous summer ahead and this might well change.

Irrespective of whether either faction will succeed in instrumentalizing the riots, what we are seeing today is a systemic collapse of the US society. That is not to say that the USA will disappear, not at all. But just like it took the Soviet Union a decade or more to fully collapse (roughly from 1983-1993), it will take the US many years to fully crash. And just like a New Russia eventually began taking form in 1999, there will be a New USA coming out of the current collapse. Total and final collapses are very rare, mostly they just initiate a lengthy and potentially very dangerous transformation process, the outcome of which is almost impossible to predict.

However, just as the Russian people had to stop kidding themselves with silly dreams about “democracy” and had to tackle the real problems of Russia, so will the people of the USA have to find the courage to deal with their real problems, frontally and deliberately. If they fail to do that, the country will most likely simple further disintegrate into numerous and mutually hostile entities.

Time will tell.

http://thesaker.is/the-systemic-collaps ... has-begun/
I would advise reading the whole thing...