Reunification of Ireland?

Discussion of current events
Sertorio

Re: Reunification of Ireland?

Post by Sertorio » Tue May 19, 2020 2:43 am

cassowary wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 8:51 pm
Sertorio,

Putting on my (amateur) psychologist hat, I think you live in delusion. From your writings, I gather you believe in the whole Marxist hogwash.

Capitalism is oppressive and will collapse due to its internal contradictions. So America and it’s allies will collapse, freeing the world of its TOP capitalist oppressor.

So you look for anything, no matter how remote to confirm your belief. Now you pick on the possible breakup of the UK with N Ireland joining the South.
Most polls I have seen in the last year indicate a close to 50/50 split between those favouring and those opposing Irish reunification, with most commentators believing that demography will soon put those in favour in a majority. The fact that Northern Irish would rather stay in the EU will encourage some Unionists to vote for reunification when the referendum takes place. Those are the facts. Everything else is fantasy.

cassowary

Re: Reunification of Ireland?

Post by cassowary » Wed May 20, 2020 7:57 am

Sertorio wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:43 am
cassowary wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 8:51 pm
Sertorio,

Putting on my (amateur) psychologist hat, I think you live in delusion. From your writings, I gather you believe in the whole Marxist hogwash.

Capitalism is oppressive and will collapse due to its internal contradictions. So America and it’s allies will collapse, freeing the world of its TOP capitalist oppressor.

So you look for anything, no matter how remote to confirm your belief. Now you pick on the possible breakup of the UK with N Ireland joining the South.
Most polls I have seen in the last year indicate a close to 50/50 split between those favouring and those opposing Irish reunification, with most commentators believing that demography will soon put those in favour in a majority. The fact that Northern Irish would rather stay in the EU will encourage some Unionists to vote for reunification when the referendum takes place. Those are the facts. Everything else is fantasy.
Polls are sometimes inaccurate. Let's wait and see.
The Imp :D